Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:53 PM

956 posts, read 3,002,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Because of the economy: McCain is damaged goods due to his ties to Bush and Palin may have been the coupe de grace------------and, I am a registered Republican
Is Obama America's expert on the economy? Is that why he's in position to be President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 02:01 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Is Obama America's expert on the economy? Is that why he's in position to be President?
Is McCain any better?

I have pretty much made my decision who I am going for next month--------barring a shattering revelation about either candidate between now and then.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Is McCain any better?

I have pretty much made my decision who I am going for next month--------barring a shattering revelation about either candidate between now and then.
a person who identifies himself / herself as a true fiscal conservative would not be voting for obama in the general election, especially if he / she examined their voting records at senate.gov, barring a shattering revelation about either candidate of course.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:36 AM

956 posts, read 3,002,402 times
Of all the Democratic candidates, why did Obama get the nomination? Why not, say, Hillary who's more experienced than Obama? Why didn't certain celebrities such as Oprah support Hillary?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Of all the Democratic candidates, why did Obama get the nomination? Why not, say, Hillary who's more experienced than Obama? Why didn't certain celebrities such as Oprah support Hillary?
why not?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:34 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
illegal immigration has hurt california. the exodus of industry has done the same.
our tax base is gone. under the table NAFTA does not work for california.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
illegal immigration has hurt california. the exodus of industry has done the same.
our tax base is gone. under the table NAFTA does not work for california.
i agree with that statement. you cannot tax a tax base that is no longer there! we need to take care of the illegal immigration problem, which would result in higher wages across the board, as well as more jobs for american workers, with the added benefit of lower costs in the social programs, freeing up more money for americans to access social services when they need it.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Economically, neither candidate floats my boat. We need the money people making those decisions. I am more worried about the war ships heading for Venezuala right now and their getting cozy in my backyard that I am about the economy. I am not convinced that we need a dove just yet. But in regards to the border....again, neither candidate will do a darn thing about it. Get your emails ready to fire off.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Economically, neither candidate floats my boat. We need the money people making those decisions. I am more worried about the war ships heading for Venezuala right now and their getting cozy in my backyard that I am about the economy. I am not convinced that we need a dove just yet. But in regards to the border....again, neither candidate will do a darn thing about it. Get your emails ready to fire off.
Call me cynical here: if Mexico went Communist; knowing the Commies' propensity for closed/locked borders------------SOB may wind up doing us a huge favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration