U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I am not going to debate with him anymore, he doesnt have a clue as to what is going on out there in the real world.
I agree this is pointless. He has contradicted himself at least a dozen times in this thread alone.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
AndreaBeth I have clearly counterargued almost everything you have said.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:22 PM

1,735 posts, read 4,137,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I have to agree. We are being played for fools. It is interesting that they seem to make no effort (or very little) to force political change within their own corrupt countries, yet are continually haranguing us to change our country to accomodate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
How do you know? -----------
Duesean, since you seem to only want to continue to ask questions, here’s one for you.
What have you seen Mexicans/Mexico do to change their corrupt government?
Don’t just say they elect people because that hasn’t had any effect.

Last edited by RedNC; 02-12-2007 at 05:45 PM..

Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM

1,393 posts, read 869,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Duesean, since you seem to only want to continue to ask questions, here’s one for you.
What have you seen Mexicans/Mexico do to change their corrupt government.
This is a good question for him. Also, since you speak to immigrants are they trying to make changes or just coming here in hopes we will accept their invasion or do they really want changes in their country?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 PM

597 posts, read 1,786,344 times
Quote:
Kdizzle,
.... There are gangs in every race, and the gang population of illegal immigrants is small, as of every race. I worked with a Sureno gang member in Los Angeles and as he put it, "these people just want a better life, they don't want to be worried about dealing with gangs." ......
The gang issue is where you are very, very wrong my friend. My hometown in WA had essentially no gangs whatsoever while I was growing up. With thousands of illegals flooding into the area over the past 10-15 years, we've had a significant gang problem develop in the area and has been linked to about 5 homicides a year (in a place where murder was a rarity). Hispanics, in particular illegals, have the highest rates of gang membership and the number of latino gangs in this country is rising exponentially (estimated at 30,000 in LA) and is very much correlated with growing illegal immigration. Nashville is an excellent example. This is a place where gang activity was relatively low and has been on the rise lately, along with illegal immigration. How about a small quote from a recent article on gang-crime in Nashville, TN:

It’s more common to see members of MS 13 or Mara Salvatrucha—traditionally from El Salvador or Honduras—in the country illegally. Often, they are deported for their crimes and quickly return to the U.S., Sgt. Kemper of the gang unit said.
The Tennesseean: Hispanic Gangs Bring Feud, Violence To Nashville Streets

Old 02-12-2007, 06:01 PM

19 posts, read 50,705 times
Quote:
Everyone knows and believes illegal immigrants crossing the border have broken the law. If they haven't, let's just assume. Many believe they should deserve a punishment ranging from a fine to imprisonment, including myself to a small degree. But, do we realize where they come from, the situation, their homeland, their desperation? What would you say to personal responsibility of ones's family above breaking the law? Don't many Americans believe providing for one's family is their upmost responsiblity, tell me why illegal immigrants would have a different thought pattern. I don't think illegal immigrants are receiving a fair shake, this should help clear up why so many foreign born folks cross the U.S. border every year for higher wages and a better life. This does not clear them of breaking the law, but helps us understand their circumstance, and not misunderstand why they make the journey to America.
personally i do not have a problem with them coming over here. Just remember a couple of things when you do get here.

THIS IS AMERICA

WE SPEAK ENGLISH
WE WRITE IN ENGLISH
WE FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG
WE EAT AMERICAN FOOD
WE CELEBRATE AMERICAN HOLIDAYS
WE PAY TAXES ON THE MONEY WE MAKE
IF THIS IS OK WITH YOU
HEY COME ON WELCOME TO AMERICA

Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
What have you seen Mexicans/Mexico do to change their corrupt government?
LOL. I never made the statement, Mexicans have made an effort to end corruption. You stated they don't choose to end corruption in their homeland, I'm wondering where your factual evidence is. I think your making a broad generalization about a group of people. You can vanish for a few days, but I'll still present you with the same question.

Kdizzle,

Their are gangs in every race. I'm not going to racially profile any race as having more gangs than another. That's not right.

Puckett, you're a little late to the table. Show some insight, Americans don't have the only existing culture in the world.

I'm done playing King of the Mountain, I'm tired, if you say something intelligent I will respond, if not I won't.

Last edited by Yac; 02-13-2007 at 07:32 AM..

Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,707,816 times
Ya'll miss a bunch of points.
A. Illegal workers are encouraged to be here by Republican Businessmen (like my old man)
B. Borders won't be enforced because of A.
C. The billions sent back to Mexico support the Millions who do not come here.
D. A teacher in Mexico with 20 years experience makes $300 per month
E A carpenter in Mexico with experience makes $400 per month
F. With those pay scales you would have to be an idiot to stay in Mexico
G. Those corrupt governments are run by Harvard educated men supporting American business interests.
H. Have you driven in Mexico? The Army checkpoints every 100 K are paid for by the United States Government, the ultimate aim is to stifle any chance for change by revolution. Interestingly, those checkpoints would be illegal in America, but the Government has no problem paying the Mexican army to use them in Mexico.
I. Elections in Mexico are bought and paid for in Dollars.
K. Mexico is a resource colony of the United States, both raw material and human resource.
L. The United States has invaded Mexico twice, it has occupied various Mexican seaports for years at a time.
M. Mexico has never invaded the United States.
N. Those who expect Mexicans to love America or Americans expected the Iraqis to greet the Americans as liberators.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:26 AM

4,489 posts, read 6,658,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Ya'll miss a bunch of points.
A. Illegal workers are encouraged to be here by Republican Businessmen (like my old man)
B. Borders won't be enforced because of A.
C. The billions sent back to Mexico support the Millions who do not come here.
D. A teacher in Mexico with 20 years experience makes $300 per month
E A carpenter in Mexico with experience makes $400 per month
F. With those pay scales you would have to be an idiot to stay in Mexico
G. Those corrupt governments are run by Harvard educated men supporting American business interests.
H. Have you driven in Mexico? The Army checkpoints every 100 K are paid for by the United States Government, the ultimate aim is to stifle any chance for change by revolution. Interestingly, those checkpoints would be illegal in America, but the Government has no problem paying the Mexican army to use them in Mexico.
I. Elections in Mexico are bought and paid for in Dollars.
K. Mexico is a resource colony of the United States, both raw material and human resource.
L. The United States has invaded Mexico twice, it has occupied various Mexican seaports for years at a time.
M. Mexico has never invaded the United States.
N. Those who expect Mexicans to love America or Americans expected the Iraqis to greet the Americans as liberators.

Good post! It's all 'bout money and power!

I've been tryin' to convey point K to people for the longest time! Sad but true-it is what it is!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:15 AM

1,735 posts, read 4,137,914 times
Quote:
LOL. I never made the statement, Mexicans have made an effort to end corruption. You stated they don't choose to end corruption in their homeland, I'm wondering where your factual evidence is. I think your making a broad generalization about a group of people. You can vanish for a few days, but I'll still present you with the same question..
First I made no statement about Mexico’s corruption.
I included andreabeth’s quote, “I have to agree. We are being played for fools. It is interesting that they seem to make no effort (or very little) to force political change within their own corrupt countries, yet are continually haranguing us to change our country to accomodate them.” that you replied to with [u]“How do you know? -------“[/i]
I asked you to answer a simple question, “how do you know Mexico has tried to end their governments corruption?” As usual you avoided the question.
You seem to not be able to comprehend what is written and with your “vanish” comment you also have a problem tracking time.
I have no doubt you will continue to “present the same question”. Many of your responses are to ask more questions instead of answering the question presented, or avoiding the topic altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or