U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
They are here illegally, making them illegal immigrants, What do you want everyone to call them?
Clearly your a freshman to the debate, quote me and prove me wrong.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:49 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
There are 300 million Americans in this nation, probably 270 without counting the illegal immigrants. The burden is not forced upon any individual Americans, but rather the nation as a a whole. That's the whole point of democracy, everyone pitching in with money. I already stated the money for poor people(illegal immigrants) is already an extremely important asset to their well being. Accept for the homeless Americans, which again can be solved, and fits behind the poor American shield. Being angry about paying alot of taxes, doesn't mean the average American cannot afford it.
Again answer my question. Why should we have to pay for them? Why should we have to give up jobs? 10 billion a year that they cost us, year after year adds up. Again WHY?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post

What, no property tax bill? No wonder you feel as you do: you're not paying for them here. In other cities, and other states, our property or state taxes help our own citizens to have better lives, and not subsidize a foreign country with those millions sent abroad while its senders overwhelm our services, degrade our quality of life, particularly for those American citizens, naturalized and born, less fortunate than . . . you.
1st paragraph-Already answered that.
2nd paragraph-The average American can afford those small costs. I took the ambulance, it was $275, yeah expensive. I don't take too many ambulance rides too often, so that's not a continous fee . Without a hospital bed, this is America, they'll get you treated somewhere.
3rd paragraph-It's not a killer.

Fastfilm, you didn't read my last quote. The sign of a weak argument, is shown when a person doesn't counterargue the other person's points.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Again answer my question. Why should we have to pay for them? Why should we have to give up jobs? 10 billion a year that they cost us, year after year adds up. Again WHY?
Why should we not pay for them? They are human, they want money, they desire a better life. Do you like those things? The second part I've stated twice already, taxes are not an individual burden. The jobs, I want evidence not pillow feathers.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
1st paragraph-Already answered that.
2nd paragraph-The average American can afford those small costs. I took the ambulance, it was $275, yeah expensive. I don't take too many ambulance rides too often, so that's not a continous fee . Without a hospital bed, this is America, they'll get you treated somewhere.
3rd paragraph-It's not a killer.

Fastfilm, you didn't read my last quote. The sign of a weak argument, is shown when a person doesn't counterargue the other person's points.
275 thats cheap, we paid 600.00 for our son. two staples to the head, 1100.00 a MRI 1700.00. Total $ 3400.00 Sorry cannot afford these " Small Costs"

Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,178 times
Quote:
Why is he being paid 1/3rd now? Are their other illegal immigrants who have their own drywall business?! It figures if hiring illegal immigrants or working solo, he would make even more.
For one some of these people have taken jobs from other people. We have a guy here in town who's workers came up and said"they were quiting and had found better jobs". The guy understood and could not match their pay so he let them go. The next day they were on a job he had just bid and guess what he went to his job site and the shed he was holding tools in was broke into and all of his tools were GONE!!! He went to their job site and there were his tools he knew they were his but, with no markings he couldn't prove it.
Yeah, poor people looking for American help this is not a rare case in construction.
If they just picked fruit and went home would be a better solution.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Why should we not pay for them? They are human, they want money, they desire a better life. Do you like those things? The second part I've stated twice already, taxes are not an individual burden. The jobs, I want evidence not pillow feathers.
If you are blind to the job situtation, when plenty here have given you examples I am sorry that isnt our problem. You live in a very sheltered world, get out there across america and talk to some of these people that you claim could just go to school and get a better job. When you pay 15000.00 a year in taxes plus 2000 in Property taxes, yes that is an individual burden. So what they are human beings, so am I ,so are my kids, so is my grandmother that suffers from Alzheimers, I would rather invest in a cure for these diseases, or my childs education or better healthcare system or my retirement for that matter than pay an illegals retirement.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
275 thats cheap, we paid 600.00 for our son. two staples to the head, 1100.00 a MRI 1700.00. Total $ 3400.00 Sorry cannot afford these " Small Costs"
Your right FastFilm, there are things that are more expensive. You were refering to an ambulance ride. These costs are expensive, and some Americans can't handle them, it's sad, but the lives or treatment of illegal immigrants should not be jeopardized based on one single factor.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
For one some of these people have taken jobs from other people. We have a guy here in town who's workers came up and said"they were quiting and had found better jobs". The guy understood and could not match their pay so he let them go. The next day they were on a job he had just bid and guess what he went to his job site and the shed he was holding tools in was broke into and all of his tools were GONE!!! He went to their job site and there were his tools he knew they were his but, with no markings he couldn't prove it.
Yeah, poor people looking for American help this is not a rare case in construction.
If they just picked fruit and went home would be a better solution.
Yep my husband had 2500.00 dollars worth of tools stolen from the back of his truck, luckily a guy spotted the people doing it and turned out they were illegals driving a stolen car. Real nice, but they are human beings so I guess we just have to keep buying more tools!

Old 02-12-2007, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If you are blind to the job situtation, when plenty here have given you examples I am sorry that isnt our problem. .
One example from RedNC. I'm still waiting for evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or