U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 01:43 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,701,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Illegal immigrants make on average the lowest wages.

Poor, employed Americans make as much or more than illegal immigrants, unless they don't have a job.

How are the illegal immigrants going to have an easier time paying for health insurance than the Americans?

Please explain AndreaBeth
If these illegals are so honest than why do they just run away from the payments. Why cant they make timely monthly payments? It is because, most do not care about it, they are not all honest. Why must citizens lose their homes to bankrupcty because we dont/cant run from the bills. How exactly is that fair. And when you have a $75,000.00 dollar medical bill, how is that affordable to the average american.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:45 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,850,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
But it is fair, they are not american citizens, which are the ones that pay all the taxes that go to this healthcare they so love to use. I know of no one that doesnt want health insurance. They cannot afford it. Employers especially the smaller ones cannot afford it. And 10 years ago, considerably less were uninsured, now it is an epidemic, they say something like 2 million a year are losing their insurance which of course will drive the costs even more out of reach. The loss at the hospitals needs to be stopped. If they are illegal and can provide no proof of citizenship that can be verified, they need to pay something upfront for those services. Now I would never deny someone that is dying or severly injured any treatment, but there still needs to be some form of payment rendered in the end.
What if an illegal immigrant needs a small time surgery? Sorry guy, gotta go back to Mexico. Many illegal immigrants have family here, and have made a new life for themselves. I completely understand healthcare is probably going to keep skyrocketing and that's definently not a good thing. How are they going to pay for the services though? They make mostly minimum wage, this means they have the same or less than money than most Americans who can't afford health services. It's a tough situation.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:45 PM

What about this do onto others I have seen posted, treat as you would want us to be treated, well it should go for them as well, and so far they dont treat America very thoughfully.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:46 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,545,425 times
And for those who do have insurance, they're paying out the gazoo for it!

I know I don't pay as much as many, but I paid over 9k last year for insurance - Hubby, My lil boy. This year will be more as I have another child. I think that's alot and that doesn't even include co-pays and deductible.

I guess I should just live like an Illegal Alien, milk the system, because they got that down - Take advantage of just going to the hospitals, skipping out on the bills, since many of these people have the same name, last name, middle name. So, they really wouldn't know which to go after. It actually pays to be an illegal!

Oh that's right - I'm daydreaming. Back to reality....If I skip paying my medical bills, I'll go into collections, screw up my credit, possible lose my home, have my pay garnished..................

Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
What if an illegal immigrant needs a small time surgery? Sorry guy, gotta go back to Mexico. Many illegal immigrants have family here, and have made a new life for themselves. I completely understand healthcare is probably going to keep skyrocketing and that's definently not a good thing. How are they going to pay for the services though? They make mostly minimum wage, this means they have the same or less than money than most Americans who can't afford health services. It's a tough situation.
It is tough, but it wont be solved by continuing to treat, without payment. I dont know how they would afford it. How would I? But maybe as a citzen of the US I dont matter as much.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:47 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
Illegal immigrants make on average the lowest wages.

Poor, employed Americans make as much or more than illegal immigrants, unless they don't have a job.

How are the illegal immigrants going to have an easier time paying for health insurance than the Americans?

Please explain AndreaBeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986
Denying healthcare to illegal immigrants is not the way to go, if people need services, they can't be denied, that wouldn't be fair.
This is the post I was responding to. Many employed Americans make too much money to qualify for Medicaid yet cannot afford the cost of health insurance. When they receive medical care, they are expected to pay for it and this presents a significant hardship for many. Just ask Nea1. The hospital/provider may decrease the bill or work out a payment schedule so that the debt is retired over along period of time at monthly payments the family can afford. The bottom line is they are expected to pay.
Explain to me why it is that illegal aliens are permitted to walk away from these expenses while US citizens have to pay or at least make a good faith attempt to. If you feel it is only 'fair' to provide them with services, then surely you agree they should pay for them. Just like everybody else.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:48 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,850,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;360976
If these illegals are so honest than why do they just run away from the payments. Why cant they make timely monthly payments? It is because, most do not care about it, they are not all honest. Why must citizens lose their homes to bankrupcty because we dont/cant run from the bills. How exactly is that fair. And when you have a $75,000.00 dollar medical bill, how is that affordable to the average american.
Whoa. The question was why illegal immigrants can't pay for their healthcare services. They might be not hiding, but might not be able to afford, like those say 46 million Americans without healthcare insurance.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
And for those who do have insurance, they're paying out the gazoo for it!

I know I don't pay as much as many, but I paid over 9k last year for insurance - Hubby, My lil boy. This year will be more as I have another child. I think that's alot and that doesn't even include co-pays and deductible.

I guess I should just live like an Illegal Alien, milk the system, because they got that down - Take advantage of just going to the hospitals, skipping out on the bills, since many of these people have the same name, last name, middle name. So, they really wouldn't know which to go after. It actually pays to be an illegal!

Oh that's right - I'm daydreaming. Back to reality....If I skip paying my medical bills, I'll go into collections, screw up my credit, possible lose my home, have my pay garnished..................

Thats alot to pay, we would have to pay $1000 a month for the five of us and that doesnt include dental or vision, or the 2000 dollar deductable. We couldnt skip on our 75000 dollar surgery bill, we had to take out a second on the home, but that only paid 1/2, then we had to sell the home and took a loss. We are paying 250.00 a month, but they want us to pay atleast 500
I dont know how we will manage that.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,551 times
Quote:
Unless it is an emergency surgery, why not? What a novel idea! Mexico providing health care for Mexican citizens!

Old 02-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Whoa. The question was why illegal immigrants can't pay for their healthcare services. They might be not hiding, but might not be able to afford, like those say 46 million Americans without healthcare insurance.
Some cant pay, some wont, some dont even bother trying. Instead of sending so much back to Mexico, why not try to make monthly payments on the bill?? They dont want to. I cant afford it but we pay monthly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or