Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Let's back up for a minute. Do you agree that the US is a sovereign nation? Do you agree the United States has borders? Do you agree that there is a legal path for citizens of other countries who wish to come to the US?
The issue of this forum is illegal immigrants being treated fairly, deserving of human rights and people understanding their situation. The U.S. is a sovereign nation, I already stated in the introduction, crossing the border was illegal. I believe there is a leagl path for citizens and of other countries to come to the United States, that has nothing to do with the treatment of illegal immigrants.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:33 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,344 times
I'm pulling the focus back to the topic at hand rather than geopolitics in general, that of illegal immigrants robbing Peter to Paul, and choosing to break laws of another country (i.e., did you wake up this morning and decide to help your family by deliberately breaking laws today?)

Just pull out your Los Angeles property tax bill and look at the various itemized expenses: so many of them relate to the large percentile of illegals here utilizing and overwhelming the services meant for our legal citizens, and, by default, squeezing them out. I was hauled around in an ambulance after a serious car crash and overheard the medics arguing with emergency centers about coming in with a car crash victim: there was no room/beds in the three closest ones (within 45 minutes drive) because the illegals utilize same as general purpose clinics- they get the free services there, no matter how petty the complaint (fortunately, the medics hauled me into one anyway and told them to deal with a real emergency.)

What, no property tax bill? No wonder you feel as you do: you're not paying for them here. In other cities, and other states, our property or state taxes help our own citizens to have better lives, and not subsidize a foreign country with those millions sent abroad while its senders overwhelm our services, degrade our quality of life, particularly for those American citizens, naturalized and born, less fortunate than . . . you.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I need evidence to show they affect the lower end job sector in a large way.
Nice article, wrong thread

Do the work Americans....

Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
The issue of this forum is illegal immigrants being treated fairly, deserving of human rights and people understanding their situation. The U.S. is a sovereign nation, I already stated in the introduction, crossing the border was illegal. I believe there is a leagl path for citizens and of other countries to come to the United States, that has nothing to do with the treatment of illegal immigrants.
OK, please explain how it is that illegal aliens are not being treated fairly and how their human rights are not being observed so that I will know which specific issues to address. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Kdizzle,

The whole point is the treatment of illegal immigrants and understanding their circumstance, it's very easy to sit on the sideline and whine and complain about these folks in our nation. These people take a royal verbal beating on this site, in public, and other websites and chatrooms, and I think their not deserving a fair shake.
You should see the way they talk about us.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:16 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Oh I hear it all the time on the jobsites, I think we use less derogatory terms then they do!!!!!

Old 02-12-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You haven't seen the way some of us talk about them.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
OK, please explain how it is that illegal aliens are not being treated fairly and how their human rights are not being observed so that I will know which specific issues to address. Thanks.
Labeling an illegal immigrant as a complete law breaker is not technically correct. They honestly have done no harm to anyone, they haven't stolen or hurt anybody in any physical way. Some of the harshest anti-illegal immigrant activists want them stripped of education, healthcare, jobs, social services, and are always hoping for deportation, and worst of all treating them as a criminal, with no respect for what they desire, better wages and a better life.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Gee, how do we manage to do all that with our own country, or any of the other countries? Taxes over a long period , funny and again why should we have to pay it? That 10 billion we pay, could go to improve our nations problems, with healthcare and homeless and schools . How much do you pay in taxes a year? Well I pay alot!!! And again you skirt the issue, I asked why we should have to give up our jobs, that we have worked for years? We dont like the way America is being run right now, so I guess we should all just Run to Canada or Mexico, because we cant fix it.
There are 300 million Americans in this nation, probably 270 without counting the illegal immigrants. The burden is not forced upon any individual Americans, but rather the nation as a a whole. That's the whole point of democracy, everyone pitching in with money. I already stated the money for poor people(illegal immigrants) is already an extremely important asset to their well being. Accept for the homeless Americans, which again can be solved, and fits behind the poor American shield. Being angry about paying alot of taxes, doesn't mean the average American cannot afford it.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:41 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
They are here illegally, making them illegal immigrants, What do you want everyone to call them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration