Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times

Advertisements

I found this article:

As the costs of care for the uninsured are added to health insurance premiums that are already rising steeply, more employers can be expected to drop coverage, leaving even more people without insurance. And as more people lose coverage and the cost of their care is added to premiums for the insured, still more employers will drop coverage. It’s a vicious circle that will not end until we as a nation take steps to solve the underlying problems.

A significant portion of the uninsured are illegal aliens and their children (who in some cases are US citizens). Another significant portion are legal aliens. Higher medical insurance premiums and government support for the uninsured are two more ways that native born American citizens pay for low skilled and low wage immigrants and their children. Hispanics are medically uninsured at two and a half times the rate of whites. The medical uninsurance rate is higher still among illegals and their children. Stop the Hispanic influx and deport all the illegal aliens and the ranks of uninsured would drop by millions and perhaps even by tens of millions.

Some estimates put the ranks of illegals as high as 20 million. Estimates for the rate of increase are around a half million a year. So a lot of the projected increase in medical insurance by 2010 is to support the additional illegal aliens who wll enter the US in the next 5 years and the children who will be born to the illegal aliens who are already here.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:21 PM

172 posts, read 309,303 times
What's the source for that quote, Nea1?

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:29 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The non-illegal immigrant population in California is high, mixed in with alot of blue collar workers in the greater Los Angeles area, presents me a problem. Not the homies at Home Depot.
Then, I see we have too MANY immigrants. The U.S. needs to cut off
everyone for awhile and regroup and see where we are. Yes, this is the best place in the world to live, at least I think, everyone wants to come here but, there is just so much we should have to offer.
We need to take care of our selves first and send needs to other countries and teach how to provide, not take in all their citizens so that they don't have to do the job. Most of these countries are ran by dictators and this is not our problem. When we do get involved we are the bad guys anyways.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
What's the source for that quote, Nea1?

Thanks.
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/002818.html

heres another one.

http://www.dailypilot.com/articles/2...mmentary30.txt

it is common sense, people that dont pay there bills, drives up the cost of care which drives up the cost of insurance.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Then, I see we have too MANY immigrants. The U.S. needs to cut off
everyone for awhile and regroup and see where we are. Yes, this is the best place in the world to live, at least I think, everyone wants to come here but, there is just so much we should have to offer.
We need to take care of our selves first and send needs to other countries and teach how to provide, not take in all their citizens so that they don't have to do the job. Most of these countries are ran by dictators and this is not our problem. When we do get involved we are the bad guys anyways.
What? I talked about how I can easily get a low wage job without competition from illegal immigrants. You quoted me by saying we need to take care of Americans first. I'm confused, are you making a personal statement.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Nea, let's make this simple. I appreciate the facts by the way, I'm glad were no longer debating hot air.

Your absolutely right, Americans are having to pay higher costs for healthcare insurance, because of illegal immigrants. This is not a good thing. But, in regards to health insurance, there were still millions of unemployed Americans ten years ago, then let's say the immigration population was 2/3rd's of what is was today. Many Americans weren't able to afford it then, you also have to take in account poor people not desiring health insurance, because it's viewed as to costly. Pressure on employeers to increase healthcare benefits for employees is the way to go. Denying healthcare to illegal immigrants is not the way to go, if people need services, they can't be denied, that wouldn't be fair.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:34 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Denying healthcare to illegal immigrants is not the way to go, if people need services, they can't be denied, that wouldn't be fair.
How about having them actually pay for those services?

Old 02-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
How about having them actually pay for those services?
Illegal immigrants make on average the lowest wages.

Poor, employed Americans make as much or more than illegal immigrants, unless they don't have a job.

How are the illegal immigrants going to have an easier time paying for health insurance than the Americans?

Please explain AndreaBeth

Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Nea, let's make this simple. I appreciate the facts by the way, I'm glad were no longer debating hot air.

Your absolutely right, Americans are having to pay higher costs for healthcare insurance, because of illegal immigrants. This is not a good thing. But, in regards to health insurance, there were still millions of unemployed Americans ten years ago, then let's say the immigration population was 2/3rd's of what is was today. Many Americans weren't able to afford it then, you also have to take in account poor people not desiring health insurance, because it's viewed as to costly. Pressure on employeers to increase healthcare benefits for employees is the way to go. Denying healthcare to illegal immigrants is not the way to go, if people need services, they can't be denied, that wouldn't be fair.
But it is fair, they are not american citizens, which are the ones that pay all the taxes that go to this healthcare they so love to use. I know of no one that doesnt want health insurance. They cannot afford it. Employers especially the smaller ones cannot afford it. And 10 years ago, considerably less were uninsured, now it is an epidemic, they say something like 2 million a year are losing their insurance which of course will drive the costs even more out of reach. The loss at the hospitals needs to be stopped. If they are illegal and can provide no proof of citizenship that can be verified, they need to pay something upfront for those services. Now I would never deny someone that is dying or severly injured any treatment, but there still needs to be some form of payment rendered in the end.

Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,236 times
Quote:
The non-illegal immigrant population in California is high, mixed in with alot of blue collar workers in the greater Los Angeles area, presents me a problem. Not the homies at Home Depot.
I was referring dusean too this statement. If there is a high legal immigration then, we need to put a hold on more people coming too the U.S. and regroup and think of the American citizens already here!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration