Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedUpInFtMyers View Post

The better question for this thread is perhaps: Why are we debating this very serious issue facing the U.S. with a 20-year old college student who has little to no real life experience? With all due respect and seriousness, I couldn't resist, either, as he is so clearly either Anti-American or just an illegal sympathizer, but that is only because of his tender young age. God only knows what I would have said on the issue 20 years ago when I was at that idealistic age or possibly even when I lived somewhere that didn't have the illegal immigrant population that this place has. I never realized the severity of the issue or how it impacts a community until I lived in Ft. Myers for a couple of years. The quality of life here - or lack thereof - is so poor that I am getting out the first chance I get so that I can return to a better standard of living.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about FT. Myers. I could very well be. Hey, regardless of my experiences I might not know what I'm talking about, honestly. I've had numerous encounters with Latinos, legal and illegal. I am surrounded with a predominantly Latino County. I've personally worked with illegal immigrants constructing cabinets, and a few weeks remodeling a home. My college is very Latino, over 50%, I spent time with Latino gang members. I'm sorry your community has been hurt by illegal immigration, that's very unfortunate. I'm not offended by you questioning by experiences, because it would seem an individual at 20 might not have proper experience to analyze the illegal immigration situation. Why would I be Anti-American when I don't believe illegal immigrants are being treated in a correct and proper way?! That doesn't make much sense, the illegal immigration issue has nothing to do with patriotism, it's a political issue. Is it better here?! Some folks make a dollar a day in Mexico, that's a little scary. Half of Tijuana's residents are of other states of Mexico, looking to come to the United States for a better life. Tellin you guy, if you went to Tijuana, it would make the bloods and the crypts of Harlem **** their pants at night. You thought we had slums here. There quality of life in the United States is much better. You would be clueless not to know that. It's really easy for Americans to sit on the sidelines and say why are you coming here and breaking the law, when we have no idea of their current situation or circumstance. I know Florida has illegal immigrants, but California has a heck of a lot more. I watch the news over illegal immigration and sometimes wonder if they really understand these people. The basic fact is poor people looking for a better way of life, it's not difficult to comprehend. Most folks on this website have not spent anytime with illegal immigrants, and have had little contact with them. I can tell you this right now, because many are blind to their dilemma. Take a trip south of the border, hehe, it will open your eyes and you will truly be thankful for how blessed you are.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,623 times
What is the correct and proper way to treat a bank robber?
What is the correct and proper way to treat an assailant?
What is the correct and proper way to treat an identity theft robber?
What is the correct way and proper way to treat bullies and haters of both naturalized and born American citizens?

Once again, being an apologist for illegals puts you in the same category as an apologist for bank robbers, etc. Also, your position of "being around" illegals equates more with grandparents, who can leave the children any time they wish, as opposed to parents who cannot. I live with illegals and suffer the many consequences of their overpowering presence: you do not. I pay ever increasing taxes to pay for services for illegals that I will never receive myself: you do not. I am literally spit on by people speaking a foreign language when I pass by because I am an American, middle-aged female walking around amongst them: you are not.

What is the correct and proper way to treat a poor, lifelong tax-paying American citizen (a close friend of mine, say) relying upon County hospitals for oncological care? According to Los Angeles, it would be to have her wait four months for any consultation whatsoever or between visits while her cancer was worsening, becaue EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON THERE in gynocological services was an eight and half months pregnant female from another country, no matter when or what time we went there.

What is the correct and proper way to treat American citizens while you're waving Mexican flags and marching for criminals' rights? According to the marchers, it was to throw eggs at anyone who didn't look like a fellow person from Mexico.

What is the correct and proper way to treat lawful, drivers' licensed American citizens? If you're an illegal with no license, it is to ignore all American driving laws and to hit and run, as has happened to virtually everyone I know who lives around them, self included.

What is the correct and proper way to get along with the citizens of the country to which you've moved? If you're an illegal, it would be not only to never "stoop" to learning any English because that would mitigate defiance towards gringo, but also to demand that all citizens of the U.S., born or naturalized, learn the language of your one little part of the globe, and to demand that all signage and communication adhere to same, no matter that everyone else from other parts of the globe learned English so that they could communicate with everyone here.

In my twenties I railed against bullies. Now that I am forced to live amongst them because Los Angeles and apologists excuse same, I still do. Illegals are bullies, and the new haters: they hate Americans.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:45 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
What is the correct and proper way to treat a bank robber?
What is the correct and proper way to treat an assailant?
What is the correct and proper way to treat an identity theft robber?
What is the correct way and proper way to treat bullies and haters of both naturalized and born American citizens?

Once again, being an apologist for illegals puts you in the same category as an apologist for bank robbers, etc. Also, your position of "being around" illegals equates more with grandparents, who can leave the children any time they wish, as opposed to parents who cannot. I live with illegals and suffer the many consequences of their overpowering presence: you do not. I pay ever increasing taxes to pay for services for illegals that I will never receive myself: you do not. I am literally spit on by people speaking a foreign language when I pass by because I am an American, middle-aged female walking around amongst them: you are not.

What is the correct and proper way to treat a poor, lifelong tax-paying American citizen (a close friend of mine, say) relying upon County hospitals for oncological care? According to Los Angeles, it would be to have her wait four months for any consultation whatsoever or between visits while her cancer was worsening, becaue EVERY SINGLE OTHER PERSON THERE in gynocological services was an eight and half months pregnant female from another country, no matter when or what time we went there.

What is the correct and proper way to treat American citizens while you're waving Mexican flags and marching for criminals' rights? According to the marchers, it was to throw eggs at anyone who didn't look like a fellow person from Mexico.

What is the correct and proper way to treat lawful, drivers' licensed American citizens? If you're an illegal with no license, it is to ignore all American driving laws and to hit and run, as has happened to virtually everyone I know who lives around them, self included.

What is the correct and proper way to get along with the citizens of the country to which you've moved? If you're an illegal, it would be not only to never "stoop" to learning any English because that would mitigate defiance towards gringo, but also to demand that all citizens of the U.S., born or naturalized, learn the language of your one little part of the globe, and to demand that all signage and communication adhere to same, no matter that everyone else from other parts of the globe learned English so that they could communicate with everyone here.

In my twenties I railed against bullies. Now that I am forced to live amongst them because Los Angeles and apologists excuse same, I still do. Illegals are bullies, and the new haters: they hate Americans.

So well said, I 100% agree. I live around them and work around them for years now. Most people here I Know have has well and we all have the same opinion.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:11 AM

I want to expose what poverty we're dealing with, maybe it will help stone hearts have compassion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=88Duq4QJTN8

Aren't you glad your daughters don't have to do this?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lvajj00QyKQ

That looks like hot real estate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H3xW1gFQMD4

Are some of you still scratching your head about why they break the law and cross the border?

From Personal Experience:

I've been to Tijuana, it has complete slums. The floors are made of cement, the houses are the size of my living room, you know your dog's doghouse, that's the shape their houses are in, trash everywhere like you've never seen, people's property runs into one another, fallen over fences. Homeless people worse than Skid Row in Los Angeles, and a gazillion street peddlers trying to sell you stuff. The peddlers actually sell alot of American sports team gear, it's quite interesting. If you desire more let me know, this is for the Americans who keep wondering why they break the law. No, I'm not justifying their actions, I'm put a different outlook on the situation.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:21 AM

202 posts, read 833,871 times
Canoga Park Calif. already looks that. Ever been to Canoga Park?
Lets feel bad for OUR state of Calif. because it's going to mirror
your videos very soon.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
Lets feel bad for OUR state of Calif. because it's going to mirror
your videos very soon.
You think so?! I don't think it will, most of California has very old housing and that's what makes some of our state's neighborhoods look quite rundown. Think about it, that's what makes an area look trashy. Fortunately, in the United States we have the money to fix these things unlike these other places.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 AM

Being poor, gives NO ONE the right to come here illegally and do the things they do, continue to break laws, run off without paying bills, evading taxes, fraud, driving with no license or insurance and then running off when they hit someone, mow the grass for the HOA only to leave their lunch garbage in my yard, yell at me in spanish because I wont give them work outside of Home depot, steal my husband tools and threaten him at work. They live in such impovershed surroundings their entire life, what makes anyone think as soon as they cross the border they will be changed into people that will take care of their home and environment and not trash it. Someone still has yet to explain to me how a nice community can turn to a complete slum as soon as they take it over. If they are here for a better life as some say which I dont buy most the time, why would they continue to live like that, and why must we just turn it over to them? People say compassion and fair, what about US? This is our home, I would never go over there and totally disrepect their way of life and make demands. Where is their compassion and fairness to us? All I see, is more demands. If they apologized and tried to clean up and do the right thing, I am sure alot of us would feel different, but I havent seen it or heard it, All I hear is they want more.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You think so?! I don't think it will, most of California has very old housing and that's what makes some of our state's neighborhoods look quite rundown. Think about it, that's what makes an area look trashy. Fortunately, in the United States we have the money to fix these things unlike these other places.
Thats such BS!!! We have neighborhoods with 60 year old homes, people take care of them have decent yards, no cars parked in the grass, no trash. Just because a neighborhood is old doesnt mean it looks trashy, give me a break. it doesnt take money to pick up the garbage.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I want to expose what poverty we're dealing with, maybe it will help stone hearts have compassion.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=88Duq4QJTN8

Aren't you glad your daughters don't have to do this?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lvajj00QyKQ

That looks like hot real estate.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H3xW1gFQMD4

Are some of you still scratching your head about why they break the law and cross the border?

From Personal Experience:

I've been to Tijuana, it has complete slums. The floors are made of cement, the houses are the size of my living room, you know your dog's doghouse, that's the shape their houses are in, trash everywhere like you've never seen, people's property runs into one another, fallen over fences. Homeless people worse than Skid Row in Los Angeles, and a gazillion street peddlers trying to sell you stuff. The peddlers actually sell alot of American sports team gear, it's quite interesting. If you desire more let me know, this is for the Americans who keep wondering why they break the law. No, I'm not justifying their actions, I'm put a different outlook on the situation.

Guess where these photos were taken? USA!!!!

http://www.american-pictures.com/gal...x_apathy_2.htm

Old 02-24-2007, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
The desperation you speak of is a sad problem, but bringing it here is no solution.
It’s one thing to help your neighbor, but how many of your neighbors are you willing to help out?
What is the breaking point?
Would you allow your other neighbors to lose their jobs so you could feel good that you are helping someone from another country feed their family?
It’s sad that our neighbor from the south is so desperate that they have to sneak into this country to feed their family, but driving down everyone’s wages and standard of living so they can do it is not the solution.
I live in lovely Hazleton PA. NEPA. Our Mayor Barletta has taken this very vocal stance against illegal aliens. So much so that hehas been on television to defend it. He tries to explain how he is not against the spanish, mexican or other Hispanic people legally residing in our town . He is only against the people who have come here illegally and are ruining our city. We weren't all that appealing before this influx, but now we are completely over run with Spanish speaking individuals,who look at you like you are from Mars if you ask them to speak English. Our entire town has seen an increase in drug sales and shootings since this new population has increased. Almost every store on our main drag is Hispanic groceries Mexican coffee shops Tatoo parlor run by Hispanics ,Dominican Beauty Salons.About the only place I can shop is Wal mart if I wish to speak English. I am actually afraid to live here anymore. I used to walk to town to the 24 hour grocery at 3 AM and had little fear of being bothered. Now I have to take a taxi when I go out in the daytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration