Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:46 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,404,509 times

Advertisements

Name being withheld until forensic tests on evidence complete
By Don Jacobs (Contact), Matt Lakin (Contact)
Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Family photos of Jennifer Hampton

Knoxville police say they have a suspect but haven't finished building the case against him in the killing of Jennifer Lee Hampton, the missing Alabama woman found dead over the weekend.

Police wouldn't give that suspect's name Tuesday, saying only that he's in jail on "unrelated" charges with no bond.

"We are currently awaiting the results of forensic tests being performed on evidence that was recovered during the investigation," Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk wrote in a press release. "Charges in the death of Ms. Hampton will be forthcoming."

Hampton, a 21-year-old native of Waterloo, Ala., disappeared Sept. 19 from her West Knoxville motel room. A fisherman found the former homecoming queen's nude body Saturday floating in Melton Hill Lake, just across the Anderson County line and fewer than 10 miles from the Days Inn on Lovell Road where friends last saw her.

Authorities have held two men on forgery charges since the day the search for Hampton began. KPD Investigator Steve Still said Rogelio Melchor, 38, and Valentino Miranda, 19, worked at the motel and showed phony Social Security cards when asked for identification.

Police say both men admitted to being illegal immigrants. They have been jailed since Sept. 20 with bond set at $10,000, but the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency put a hold on them. That means neither man can leave jail, even with bail money.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oct/01/police-have-suspect-in-slaying-of-ala-woman/#gal_family-photos-jennifer-hampton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Another victim of this illegal alien invasion. Another 100% preventable crime. When will it end? When will enough be enough? How many more innocent people will die for the sake of cheap illegal labor?

Every victim of illegal aliens should be able to sue the government for aiding and abetting, dereliction of duty, reckless endangerment, and malfeasance.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Another victim of this illegal alien invasion. Another 100% preventable crime. When will it end? When will enough be enough? How many more innocent people will die for the sake of cheap illegal labor?

Every victim of illegal aliens should be able to sue the government for aiding and abetting, dereliction of duty, reckless endangerment, and malfeasance.
ITA. I have a feeling that the well has just about run dry for illegal aliens. As the economy and employment numbers shrink so will the patience and tolerance of Americans one state at a time. I just posted an article (politics and other controversies) about a guy who killed himself and 5 family members re: financial woes. It's getting bad now.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. I have a feeling that the well has just about run dry for illegal aliens. As the economy and employment numbers shrink so will the patience and tolerance of Americans one state at a time. I just posted an article (politics and other controversies) about a guy who killed himself and 5 family members re: financial woes. It's getting bad now.
Wow! That's sad.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wow! That's sad.
It really is. We both know that there will be more of these in the coming months. This story reminds me of stories my grandmother used to tell me. I have no doubt we are headed towards a depression.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
I read about that idiot as well: if he wanted to just kill himself; that would have been his problem..........the fact that he decided to murder his family was uncalled for.

Loser.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,118,218 times
Quote:
It really is. We both know that there will be more of these in the coming months. This story reminds me of stories my grandmother used to tell me. I have no doubt we are headed towards a depression.
My mother was a little girl during the 1930's as well.............things were tough then.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I read about that idiot as well: if he wanted to just kill himself; that would have been his problem..........the fact that he decided to murder his family was uncalled for.

Loser.
Agreed. But you have to wonder what stage of deterioration he was in mentally. He may have been so depressed that he actually thought they would be better off with him in death.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
My mother was a little girl during the 1930's as well.............things were tough then.
My grandmother used to tell us stories of how they had to sew their nylons up (if they had a pair) and put cardboard in their shoes. There were also stories of soup kitchens with hundreds standing in line daily. At the rate we are plunging economically I can see this happening in another year, if the downturn continues .

Anderson Cooper just showed a blurb of Kramer (while psychotic personality wise, brilliant in terms of stock market predictability) who was urging ALL AMERICANS to remove and and all money they have in the stock market ASAP.

That, scared the hell out of me.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
Quote:
My grandmother used to tell us stories of how they had to sew their nylons up (if they had a pair) and put cardboard in their shoes. There were also stories of soup kitchens with hundreds standing in line daily. At the rate we are plunging economically I can see this happening in another year, if the downturn continues .

Anderson Cooper just showed a blurb of Kramer (while psychotic personality wise, brilliant in terms of stock market predictability) who was urging ALL AMERICANS to remove and and all money they have in the stock market ASAP.

That, scared the hell out of me.
There's another IA forum I've been with for years, who are talking about starting to learn how to survive.
http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-133000-0...orderasc-.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration