U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
 
Location: California
3,173 posts, read 4,370,067 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You don't consider Hispanic advocacy groups protesting an Hispanic scholarship organization, as infighting? I do. Itís tantamount to the NAACP protesting the United Negro College Fund.
Its a disagreement.
The Scholarship organziation doesnt want the scholarship to apply to illegals, and those advocay groups disagree.
People have different opinions.
To call this 'infighting' is suggesting that all of us Hispanics are one big force, citizens, legals, illegals, in some kind of quest for Hispanic dominance, lol.

People are going to disagree over things. It happens.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,991,605 times
Reputation: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Americans have immigrants from all over the world, and many illegals...mostly Mexican because Mexico is adjacent to the United States making it very easy to cross illegally.
Trust me, if China was next to us, we'd have a lot more Chinese in this country.
If Italy was right next to us, we'd have a lot more Italian illegals.
Not to mention all the drug smuggling problems, but thats a different story.

Immigrating illegally across a single man-made line is one thing.....what does it say about all the countries of the people who immigrate here illegally from half-way across the world, across vast oceans?

It says a lot about The United States. A lot of people want to be here..at least for now, its still considered a place with a lot of opportunity, and draws people from all over the world.
It doesnt make Mexico a pos, like so many of you see it.
Points all well taken.

Especially with the imploding economy; the USA needs to get serious (which is occuring as we speak) with both the illegals here and those US citizen scoundrels who knowingly hire same.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,961,321 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The absolute truth! Sorry I can't rep you.
I repped her for both of us!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 05:21 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 6,961,321 times
Reputation: 1080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you actually believe they will be discussing methods for us to combat illegal immigration? If anything, they will discuss strategies for amnesty.

If the situation in Mexico warrants deploying our troops to our border, so be it. I'm sick of this invasion, and we don't need to compromise with Mexico.
ITA. It's time for Mexico to grow up and deal with the burdens they breed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
 
Location: San Diego
17,250 posts, read 13,397,142 times
Reputation: 6081
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Americans have immigrants from all over the world, and many illegals...mostly Mexican because Mexico is adjacent to the United States making it very easy to cross illegally.
Trust me, if China was next to us, we'd have a lot more Chinese in this country.
If Italy was right next to us, we'd have a lot more Italian illegals.
Not to mention all the drug smuggling problems, but thats a different story.

Immigrating illegally across a single man-made line is one thing.....what does it say about all the countries of the people who immigrate here illegally from half-way across the world, across vast oceans?

It says a lot about The United States. A lot of people want to be here..at least for now, its still considered a place with a lot of opportunity, and draws people from all over the world.
It doesnt make Mexico a pos, like so many of you see it.
A lot of Mexico is beautiful and I wouldn't have any problem if we worked out a deal to annex baja I'd be the first to East Cape.

I do wonder how many would come here if all the freebies were cut off.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Location: California
3,173 posts, read 4,370,067 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A lot of Mexico is beautiful and I wouldn't have any problem if we worked out a deal to annex baja I'd be the first to East Cape.

I do wonder how many would come here if all the freebies were cut off.
I'd like to keep Baja in Mexico, so it stays as cheap as it is, lol. Move it to the United States, and most of that beach will become private, and eaten up by real estate(which is already happening to an extent).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,954,708 times
Reputation: 2981
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its a disagreement.
The Scholarship organziation doesnt want the scholarship to apply to illegals, and those advocay groups disagree.
People have different opinions.
To call this 'infighting' is suggesting that all of us Hispanics are one big force, citizens, legals, illegals, in some kind of quest for Hispanic dominance, lol.
People are going to disagree over things. It happens.
The scholarship organization wants to remain legitimate. They are operating within the law. Kudos to them! Illegal alien DREAMies feel they are entitled to everything legal citizens receive, so Iím not surprised they are demanding scholarships.

The entire Hispanic 'community' is not required for infighting to exist. However, you are free to consider it a mere disagreement. I have no idea how you arrived at your dominance remark. Then again, thatís par for the course.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 06:29 PM
 
Location: California
3,173 posts, read 4,370,067 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The scholarship organization wants to remain legitimate. They are operating within the law. Kudos to them! Illegal alien DREAMies feel they are entitled to everything legal citizens receive, so Iím not surprised they are demanding scholarships.

The entire Hispanic 'community' is not required for infighting to exist. However, you are free to consider it a mere disagreement. I have no idea how you arrived at your dominance remark. Then again, thatís par for the course.
They are different groups with different goals. Infighting would require for them to be in the same group.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 9,606,825 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Its a disagreement.
Quote:
The Scholarship organziation doesnt want the scholarship to apply to illegals
, and those advocay groups disagree.
People have different opinions.
To call this 'infighting' is suggesting that all of us Hispanics are one big force, citizens, legals, illegals, in some kind of quest for Hispanic dominance, lol.

People are going to disagree over things. It happens.
Quote:
Fact--HSF refuses to allow undocumented students to apply to their scholarship even though it is lawful for them to do so.
What: Press Conference and Rally
Where: Hispanic Scholarship Fund Los Angeles Office, 700 S. Flower St. LA 90017
When: Thursday, October 9th 2008
Time: 4:30pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2008, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,181 posts, read 9,954,708 times
Reputation: 2981
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
They are different groups with different goals. Infighting would require for them to be in the same group.
They are both "Hispanic" organizations. They are both ‘supposedly’ working for the betterment of the "Hispanic" community. If the NAACP, Jesse Jackson and his sidekick Al Sharpton were openly opposing policies of the United Negro College Fund, I dare say, it would be considered infighting. They supposedly represent the same "group" of people. However, I have no desire to debate the definition of infighting.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top