Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,497,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im not saying we need the illegals. or that mexico is OUR problem.

im asking what is wrong with learning another perspective that can potentially help us combat immigration problems on this side of the border.

what is wrong with learning about potential problems we might face as a result of mass deportation.

to quote my least favorite poster "reading comprehension".

beni, mexico will continue to be our problem if we ignore the situation in mexico and how it affects us. its easy to see that the US already helps mexico and colombia combat the drug cartels. how do you think that relationship was built? it was based on intelligence gathered on both sides of the border.

lets gather more intelligence to help solve the problems we face here on this side.
Do you actually believe they will be discussing methods for us to combat illegal immigration? If anything, they will discuss strategies for amnesty.

If the situation in Mexico warrants deploying our troops to our border, so be it. I'm sick of this invasion, and we don't need to compromise with Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:37 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,605,276 times
For every lb of tomatoes that goes up a dollar there will be one less person in the ER. I've always said it will be a push as the benefit and the deficit will cancel themselves out.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,626,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The only way I can see the USA truly helping Mexico would for us to finish off the job that was half done in 1848/1853: annex the rest of that dilapidated nation, lock stock and barrel then start the phase out of the Spanish language, etc. in favor of English.
another ractive plan without much thought.

really? that would cripple our economy. think about this some more please.

not a good plan at all.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,003,834 times
Quote:
another ractive plan without much thought.

really? that would cripple our economy. think about this some more please.

not a good plan at all.
I stand by what I stated.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you actually believe they will be discussing methods for us to combat illegal immigration? If anything, they will discuss strategies for amnesty.

If the situation in Mexico warrants deploying our troops to our border, so be it. I'm sick of this invasion, and we don't need to compromise with Mexico.
reading comprehension beni.

we are the ones that come up with solutions by learning what the problem is.
i dont think they will be coming up with solutions for illegal immigration, but they might tell us the effects it will have in mexico, and we can identify secondary effects in the US (given the proximity and economic relations we have with mexico). knowing what effect might occur in the US will prepare us down the line.

its not mexico coming up with solutions for us, it is us takin this info and seeing how we can ensure that we dont leave our economy in the dumps.

for example. lets say that this scholar says, "deporting all these low skilled illegals will add manpower to the diminished cartels in mexico." we could then think of ways to have the DEA, and CBP and ICE prepare for what might happen. will there be a surge in border activity related to drugs? how would we counteract this to keep us safe?

think about it.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I stated.
well i'll let your homeboys on here talk you out of this idea.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,600,555 times
Quote:
im not saying we need the illegals. or that mexico is OUR problem.

im asking what is wrong with learning another perspective that can potentially help us combat immigration problems on this side of the border.

what is wrong with learning about potential problems we might face as a result of mass deportation.

to quote my least favorite poster "reading comprehension".

beni, mexico will continue to be our problem if we ignore the situation in mexico and how it affects us. its easy to see that the US already helps mexico and colombia combat the drug cartels. how do you think that relationship was built? it was based on intelligence gathered on both sides of the border.

lets gather more intelligence to help solve the problems we face here on this side.

Well, what is the question?
If the question is how can mexico retain its citizens and improve their quality of life ---well, that really is going to be mexicos problem. The US is not and should not be in the business of empire building --- and the mexican elite doesn't want that. What they do want is a way to unload the majority of their poor who will then support the poor left behind in mexico. Voila! No mexican welfare. That is total bs, man and you know it.
The mexican elite doesn't want to stop the tide --- they want to ensure that it continues. Its sick and twisted! And yet, those dumb sobs illegals still retain loyalty and ties to a country that does not want them, and does not value them. Yet they expect the US to be jumping for joy that they decided to jump the border. I cannot understand the logic.

Now, if the mexican elite wanted the US to invade ala Iraq, tear the place down so that it could be built back up without the nepotism and corruption --- maybe we could talk. But they don't want that. They want better maps to give to their 'throwaways'.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,497,941 times
Quote:
reading comprehension beni.

we are the ones that come up with solutions by learning what the problem is.
i dont think they will be coming up with solutions for illegal immigration, but they might tell us the effects it will have in mexico, and we can identify secondary effects in the US (given the proximity and economic relations we have with mexico). knowing what effect might occur in the US will prepare us down the line.

its not mexico coming up with solutions for us, it is us takin this info and seeing how we can ensure that we dont leave our economy in the dumps.

for example. lets say that this scholar says, "deporting all these low skilled illegals will add manpower to the diminished cartels in mexico." we could then think of ways to have the DEA, and CBP and ICE prepare for what might happen. will there be a surge in border activity related to drugs? how would we counteract this to keep us safe?

think about it.
You simply can't engage in a discussion with me without injecting snide remarks, can you?

Again, I don't give a damn if Mexico implodes due to their 'returning' citizens. That's their problem. I have already stated, if we need to deploy our troops to the border, so be it. I don’t know how I can be more explicit.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:55 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,858,822 times
Quote:
The cold reality is if we cut Mexico loose---------it will injure that nation more than the USA. Too with our imploding economy and its attendant rise in unemployment; we do not 'need' the illegal immigrants at all.
if anyone looks at the numbers, they can see that mexico's economy has flourished and our economy has suffered since the influx of the illegal immigrants into the united states:

(quote) The boom in the Mexican economy is a novelty for Mexicans under age 18, half the population: They have never experienced anything like it. Fundamentally, surging economic growth means something else as well: For the first time in more than 30 years, the Mexican economy has a sound foundation.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You simply can't engage in a discussion with me without injecting snide remarks, can you?

Again, I don't give a damn if Mexico implodes due to their 'returning' citizens. That's their problem. I have already stated, if we need to deploy our troops to the border, so be it. I don’t know how I can be more explicit.
if you dont give a dam what happens in mexico then you really dont understand global politics. trying to teach you how you will be affected is a waste of time in that case.

yes the US is all by themselves in this world. what happens around the world, and with our neighbors does not affect us. not one bit

just like our collapsing economy does not affect the global economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration