Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,203,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
lol, no wonder so many illegals make it past you guys.
You guys are only looking for the dirty guys wearing worn out clothes and baseball caps.
Be fair AMC at least its a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,748,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Be fair AMC at least its a start.
I'm just saying, theres a lot of illegals who don't fit that look, and theres a lot of legal workers that do fit that look(not so say theyre "dirty", but dirty from working, possibly).

To say you can tell a legal from an illegal, and acting on that assumption doesn't seem productive.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:25 PM

4,401 posts, read 5,138,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I'm just saying, theres a lot of illegals who don't fit that look, and theres a lot of legal workers that do fit that look(not so say theyre "dirty", but dirty from working, possibly).

To say you can tell a legal from an illegal, and acting on that assumption doesn't seem productive.
If you see mestizos in Altoona, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess they are illegal. Even in NJ you can tell (riding bicycles is a dead giveaway). Ending birthright citizenship should be our first priority right now, then mandatory e-verify, followed by entry-exit system.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:25 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,655,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
If you see mestizos in Altoona, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to guess they are illegal. Even in NJ you can tell (riding bicycles is a dead giveaway). Ending birthright citizenship should be our first priority right now, then mandatory e-verify, followed by entry-exit system.
riding bycycles!!! im guna question all the folks i see with bikes o n the train now!!! apparently dirty and homeless-y "mestizo" looking type of people are illegals, and now those who ride bycycles as well.

am i the only one who thinks this is looney tunes?

mrs beni, azwolf/cub/bear/otter, this guy aint helpin you guys.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,101,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
riding bycycles!!! im guna question all the folks i see with bikes o n the train now!!! apparently dirty and homeless-y "mestizo" looking type of people are illegals, and now those who ride bycycles as well.

am i the only one who thinks this is looney tunes?

mrs beni, azwolf/cub/bear/otter, this guy aint helpin you guys.
Face it:

When those insolent pro illegal immigrant losers held their rallies in May 2006---------that did a lot of PR damage to 'all' self identified Hispanics be the latter pro illegal or not.

I am not saying it is right: it just is.

The one thing that concerns me is innocent people of any race/ethnicity who look stereotypically Mestizo being caught in the crossfire.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,655,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Face it:

When those insolent pro illegal immigrant losers held their rallies in May 2006---------that did a lot of PR damage to 'all' self identified Hispanics be the latter pro illegal or not.

I am not saying it is right: it just is.

The one thing that concerns me is innocent people of any race/ethnicity who look stereotypically Mestizo being caught in the crossfire.

so its ok to stereotype and profile, because i mean after all, black people do commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this country.

its funny you would justify this posters actions instead of tryin to show them how misguided they are. instead of proving them wrong, you justify their stance. after all those people were marching in droves.

interesting. and very telling.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:24 PM

26,695 posts, read 41,692,234 times
Quote:
so its ok to stereotype and profile, because i mean after all, black people do commit a disproportionate amount of crime in this country.

its funny you would justify this posters actions instead of tryin to show them how misguided they are. instead of proving them wrong, you justify their stance. after all those people were marching in droves.

The point is that the US is fed up with people, who have ZERO respect for the US and all the blood that was shed to make it, making demands to change our way of life for their comfort. Their will be to pay for making all these demands and the increased ICE raids are ONLY the beginning.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Reread my last paragraph then get back with me.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,546,097 times
Quote:

AzBear isn't condoning stereotypes; he's simply stating a fact. Illegal aliens have sullied the image of legal Hispanics in this country. Is it fair? Absolutely not! Is it fair that 10% of the black population have managed to perpetuate negative stereotypes ascribed to the remaining 90%? Absolutely not! However, it is a fact of life

Old 10-15-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The point is that the US is fed up with people, who have ZERO respect for the US and all the blood that was shed to make it, making demands to change our way of life for their comfort. Their will be to pay for making all these demands and the increased ICE raids are ONLY the beginning.
Bingo! And the ICE tsunami will only grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration