Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,481,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
One quick comment and I'm gone. notnotnot gonna get into the legal/illegal issue again!

The OP wasn't at all clear about what he/she considered a 'problem' - it can be taken many ways, if it'is not specifically defined.
I agree, Kari. It's not like this horse hasn't been beaten to death a million times over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM

779 posts, read 2,239,948 times
Well good luck on your move to Oklahoma, ILOVEAUSTIN, and I also hope that everything works out for the best.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,836,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Why do you say I don't have a problem with people breaking laws? Actually, you have NO idea how I feel about people breaking laws.

I simply used sarcasm to point out that whenever you specifically target one race of people as "problematic" it becomes racial.

I never said I was for Illegals. Nice try, there. It's an old Tejano tactic. YOU simply made an assumption, didn't you. That's cool, take your best shot.

What tribe of Indian/Spanish are you? Aren't most mexicans from Indian/Spanish descent?

Synopse, I am not trying to turn this into a race issue. But if someone asks about illegals and most illegals are hispanic than, it IS in part a race issue.

But hey, you are the Moderator and we all know how you reacted the last time there was a "discussion" on illegals on the Oklahoma forum.
Illegal immigration is a big problem in this country. I pointed out Parkland Hospital in Dallas.

The OP DID NOT say you were "for illegals" unless I missed something somewhere.

You ARE trying to turn this into a race issue Redbird. Just because most of the people here illegally are from South of the border doesn't make a difference; if they were all from Russia we'd be screaming much the same.

The OP didn't make an assumption, you did.

Look, I have sympathy for these people, but I have found that most people who are pro-illegal immigration are so for 1 of 2 things:

- They are profiting off the backs of hard-working people that have been enticed here by the greedy individuals who profit off their hard work.

- They are so well meaning that they don't care or understand about the consequences of unmitigated immigration; they have no care about the negative impact that illegal immigration has on our economy.

I do not hold the people who are coming here illegally mostly responsible. I really don't. For the most part, they are being taken advantage of on a massive scale.

However, they are not accustomed to how our system works; mainly because most do not speak the language.

Your argument about race is only an issue because most of the people here illegally are from South of the Border.

What do you recommend? That we open the borders completely and allow anyone and everyone in that wants to come here? Considering our economy, the corruption we have in DC, and the state of the world right now I don't think that would be a good idea.

BTW, what is the following quote supposed to mean?

From Redbird
Quote:
But hey, you are the Moderator and we all know how you reacted the last time there was a "discussion" on illegals on the Oklahoma forum.
If you have a problem with the way I moderate this forum, I suggest you take it up with the Senior Moderators or the Administrators.

Last edited by Synopsis; 10-09-2008 at 06:51 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,836,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Synopse, I am not trying to turn this into a race issue. But if someone asks about illegals and most illegals are hispanic than, it IS in part a race issue.
BTW, it is Synopsis, not Synopse.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,481,734 times
See? I told you a discussion is impossible with you on immigration, because you are the MOD and no one is allowed to have a civil discussion with you on that subject on the Oklahoma forum.

The truth is, I initiated the deportation of an illegal alien TODAY at work. That is a part of my job and I take it seriously. It's nothing personal. It's the law of the land, and my job is to contact ICE and initiate proceedings. I told the guy what I was doing and why and he accepted it. And I agree just being an illegal is problematic for all the reasons you cited.

Wait, I have written Synopse a million times and now it's a problem? Whatever. Have a good one, SYNOPSIS.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM

330 posts, read 968,440 times
From my perspective, south side OKC to answer the question. Moving on, I blame the our federal government for putting states, counties, and cities in a position of vulnerability. If it would simply do what government should do, protect its citizens, then we wouldn't have the problem we're discussing.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,374,823 times
Hi Y'all

This was suppose to be posted in the OK forum?

But I see she still got OK's attention so it must have been moved

Actually I suggested she post it there so she could read some of your threads. You guy convinced me

Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,590,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Redbird, an illegal alien is not a race.. Do Not try and turn this into a race issue. The OP asked a legit question; people who are in the US illegally do pose problems on infrastructure and society in general due to the depression of wages for jobs "Americans won't do" and a host of other issues.

Here in Texas (and around the nation) it is an issue when the majority of births at Parkland Hospital in Dallas are from people here illegally that do not pay for the services as it is a county hospital where the citizens of Dallas County foot the bill.

I have nothing against the people here illegally other than they are here illegally. I hold the government and businesses that prey off these people more responsible than anything. But, it is still an issue nonetheless.
BEAUTIFULLY STATED, Synopsis!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:10 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,635,974 times
so how they hell do you tell if an area has a bunch of illegals?

do they wear a yellow star or something?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:15 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,374,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so how they hell do you tell if an area has a bunch of illegals?

do they wear a yellow star or something?
yada yada yada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration