U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 33,467,179 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

This SC-born poster couldnt be happier that action was taken in South Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,989,127 times
Bye!
And take your 3 welfare anchors with you.
I just heard 330 new AMERICAN jobs opened up at a chicken place...

The operation today follows the criminal cases filed earlier this year against 12 plant supervisory employees. In June, arrest warrants were issued for 11 supervisors at the plant, alleging that the men, all of Mexico, were illegally in the country, and were engaged in aggravated identity theft and the making of false statements to ICE authorities. Of the 11 charged, seven have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing:
Juan Rodriguez, age 27; Juan Suarez, age 28; Evaristo Vasquez, age 39; Simon Gomez, age 28; Juan Olivares, age 32; Guadalupe Templos, age 34, and Federico Perez, age 37.
Two others are awaiting trial:
Victor Cruz-Soto and Nain Zarate-Camarero, both 28 years old.
The final two supervisors, Reyes Ramos and Fortino Cruz, were also charged with the same offenses but have not been arrested and are considered fugitives. Anyone with information on their whereabouts should contact the ICE toll-free tip line by dialing 1-877-2-DHS-ICE.

Last edited by Arizona Bound; 10-09-2008 at 06:12 AM..

Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 AM

21,148 posts, read 37,484,624 times
Quote:
She left Central America because she didn't want her family to grow up in a place where she was so hungry at times that she had to eat grass and dirt.
Odd: Ramirez Lopez was able to come up with the $$$ to have a coyote smuggle her into the USA------------probably via Mexico.

Hypocrite.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Everyone knew the plant hired illegal immigrants, said Wynn, who added no one wanted to do anything about it because they figured the workers were doing jobs no one else wanted. With the economy getting worse, that's probably no longer true and he worries what is going to happen to all the people caught up in the raid.
Interesting, very interesting-----------how the enablers' attitudes quickly change once their personal livelihoods are threatened.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 AM

15,179 posts, read 16,251,399 times
Quote:
"My whole life has changed," she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I don't want to go back. My sons are better off here. The country is so poor. There's nothing there."

Lopez, 29, believed she was safe. But she spent most of Tuesday being fingerprinted and questioned by federal agents and a day later was coming to grips with being sent back to Guatemala. Her sons _ ages 4, 5 and 6 _ were all born in the U.S.
This woman claims she sought refuge in this country. When she arrived, she did not have children. If, as she contends, she was simply fleeing impoverished conditions, and seeking a better life, why did she choose to give birth to 3 children within 3 years? Surely, she had to realize the probability of deportation. I'm sorry, but I feel no compassion for her whatsoever.

Most likely, taxpayers paid for the prenatal/postnatal care for each of her children, and are probably still paying for them through WIC and welfare. She simply could not have earned enough money working at the plant to afford to support three children, pay rent, buy food, etc. It absolutely reeks of abuse of our tax-funded social services, and the 14th Amendment. Quite frankly, I’m sickened by this parasitic woman, and her ilk.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This woman claims she sought refuge in this country. When she arrived, she did not have children. If, as she contends, she was simply fleeing impoverished conditions, and seeking a better life, why did she choose to give birth to 3 children within 3 years? Surely, she had to realize the probability of deportation. I'm sorry, but I feel no compassion for her whatsoever.

Most likely, taxpayers paid for the prenatal/postnatal care for each of her children, and are probably still paying for them through WIC and welfare. She simply could not have earned enough money working at the plant to afford to support three children, pay rent, buy food, etc. It absolutely reeks of abuse of our tax-funded social services, and the 14th Amendment. Quite frankly, I’m sickened by this parasitic woman, and her ilk.
The woman in question: my God; it is as if she has the emotional maturity of a 5 YO.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:29 AM

9,390 posts, read 26,668,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
This SC-born poster couldnt be happier that action was taken in South Carolina.
These "Boo Hoo" articles make me wanna PUKE.

Rather than clearly define the entire ridiculous situation, the author prefers to totally ignore the issues involved and blame everyone BUT Magdalana Lopez!

Was she not 27 years old when she opted to blatantly break the laws of this country? Did she actually believe she had "the right" to casually enter this country and take whatever was available to her with no regard for our laws whatsoever?

How did she obtain employment? Who's ID did she steal? Who's Social Security Account did she choose to destroy? Was she paying Income Taxes? Was she collecting any type of welfare or sponging on the medical systems in the area?

Sorry, no sympathy here as the list could go on for pages but I believe the point is clear.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,077,258 times
I hope these raids keep taking place nationwide until people actually fear..
Breaking into this Country illegally.
Theres many plants like this in Ark,Neb,Ks and Iowa they need to hit!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,205,825 times
The employers need to be punished, as well. They helped create the situation, including 3 kids that now are recognized as American citizens and will be able to walk back over that border legally at any time. Wow. Unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or