Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 05:18 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,644,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your sad attempt at race-baiting won't work. If he is ILLEGAL, he shouldn't be here. A black man has a right to be here, criminal or not......as long as he's legal. I know you hate black people; and you know what? It’s a free country; hate on!
you know i dont. i dont hate black people. that means hating my kids.
my point is that them being black or illegal does not make the crime any worse.

if this punk WERE legal, would it be more acceptable to rape an old lady? absolutely not. so why harp on the the illegal aspect, when what it comes down to is simple rape. its rape. rape does not change because of who does the raping! you just want somehting to push your agenda along. its pretty sad and futile on your part.

i am able to look at this as it is. thats why i hate when people always add the illegal label. or the black label. it has nothing to do with that. this guy is a rapist. the same way a murderer is a murderer. its pretty simple. but again. it feels like im just wasting my time.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,848,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

if this punk WERE legal, would it be more acceptable to rape an old lady? absolutely not. so why harp on the the illegal aspect, when what it comes down to is simple rape. its rape. rape does not change because of who does the raping! you just want somehting to push your agenda along. its pretty sad and futile on your part.

i am able to look at this as it is. thats why i hate when people always add the illegal label. or the black label. it has nothing to do with that. this guy is a rapist. the same way a murderer is a murderer. its pretty simple. but again. it feels like im just wasting my time.
The fact of the matter is that here was here illegally. He already broke the law! Afterwards, he committed another crime by raping someone. Just so you know, he committed two crimes as opposed to one crime if a US citizen had raped a woman.

I'm pretty certain that not all illegal immigrants are people bent on committing more crimes but how can we determine that ahead of time if they don't enter the US legally? If you want to enter the US do it LEGALLY. We simply need to know who's entering this country for the safety of our people. Illegal is illegal!

I'm also pretty sure that some immigrants enter the US legally and then commit crimes but we can be assured that the government has done the most to check the person's background ahead of time.

As for US citizens committing crimes, yes, we have enough of them. One difference is that our police forces have a better chance of catching a criminal US citizen because the person will likely have connections somewhere in the US and make it more likely for him/her to be tracked.

Last edited by antireconquista; 10-09-2008 at 05:41 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM

559 posts, read 1,461,795 times
That is just utterly disgusting, how perverted and sick did this person have to be to rape a 99 year old women?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:06 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,015,641 times
Tsk tsk tsk.

I know many illegals. My neighborhood is a largely immigrant neighborhood, and I have nothing but the upmost respect for these people. You guys really cannot grasp how hard it is to get into this country the legal way. Some of these people end up waiting for an opportunity that never arrives. I am proud that the language most spoken in my neighborhood is spanish. Because that is what this country is about. A country built by immigrants. The land of opportunity that does not deny one based on religon or race. So the fact that spanish is spoken so frequently here, gives many a taste of home. And let me tell you that most of these "illegals" try to lay low and live their life. They work extremely hard, just to make ends meet, putting food on the table and make sure they have a roof above them. Very very few illegals actually commit crime. You have bad apples in every bunch. The most "violent" race, the blacks, are actually American citizens themselves. Yet it seems like you people make it ok for an American to rape someone, but an illegal doing it is worse. It's sickening that a citizen gets a pass. It is the same crime. If I were to post every rape commited by an American, I would have to start hundreds of threads a day. It so happens that a crime commited by a "hispanic" gets more play. This is not a normal occurence.

I really think the ignorant views of many in this forum stems from the fact that you never had interaction with an illegal. So you view them as subhuman, rats, plagues etc. So I cannot blame many for your views. And I know that illegal immigration isnt "right". But to blame everything on the illegals, and laughing at their misfortunes, and spreading propaganda lies about them is frankly really dispicable. You guys are all very blessed that you never had to go through what many of these immigrants went through. To them, you all are born with silver spoons. Had you actually been from a 3rd world country, I suspect your views on illegal immigration to be much different.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Tsk tsk tsk.

I know many illegals. My neighborhood is a largely immigrant neighborhood, and I have nothing but the upmost respect for these people. You guys really cannot grasp how hard it is to get into this country the legal way. Some of these people end up waiting for an opportunity that never arrives. I am proud that the language most spoken in my neighborhood is spanish. Because that is what this country is about. A country built by immigrants. The land of opportunity that does not deny one based on religon or race. So the fact that spanish is spoken so frequently here, gives many a taste of home. And let me tell you that most of these "illegals" try to lay low and live their life. They work extremely hard, just to make ends meet, putting food on the table and make sure they have a roof above them. Very very few illegals actually commit crime. You have bad apples in every bunch. The most "violent" race, the blacks, are actually American citizens themselves. Yet it seems like you people make it ok for an American to rape someone, but an illegal doing it is worse. It's sickening that a citizen gets a pass. It is the same crime. If I were to post every rape commited by an American, I would have to start hundreds of threads a day. It so happens that a crime commited by a "hispanic" gets more play. This is not a normal occurence.

I really think the ignorant views of many in this forum stems from the fact that you never had interaction with an illegal. So you view them as subhuman, rats, plagues etc. So I cannot blame many for your views. And I know that illegal immigration isnt "right". But to blame everything on the illegals, and laughing at their misfortunes, and spreading propaganda lies about them is frankly really dispicable. You guys are all very blessed that you never had to go through what many of these immigrants went through. To them, you all are born with silver spoons. Had you actually been from a 3rd world country, I suspect your views on illegal immigration to be much different.
Again: repeat after me: close/lock at least our southern border and concurrently deport any person here illegally.

We owe those lawbreakers nothing------------the do not have the same rights as any American.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,533 times
Quote:
Your sad attempt at race-baiting won't work. If he is ILLEGAL, he shouldn't be here. A black man has a right to be here, criminal or not......as long as he's legal. I know you hate black people; and you know what? It’s a free country; hate on!
For someone who claims to be so tired of race-baiting, "political correctness", ethnic whining, cries of racism, etc, you sure do like to accuse people of racism a lot.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

Touche’. Likewise, your "Hispanic" accusations.

The point is; crimes committed by illegal aliens ARE more disturbing, due to the fact that they are so utterly preventable. Crime will always exist, and a heinous crime, is a heinous crime, irrespective of immigration status. However, why should we tolerate crimes committed by people who have no legal right to be here? It’s bad enough that they have entered our country illegally. The very least they could do is not rape or murder our citizens.

According to your logic, a terrorist attack by foreigners is the same as crimes committed by legal citizens. I'm sorry, but foreign invaders committing crimes against citizens of this country, is quite a bit harder to swallow. It’s unacceptable, and I will not change my stance on this issue.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Tsk tsk tsk.

A lot of misconceptions coming from all the fear mongering. People aren't really looking at this from a sober point of view. Theyre all passionate and foaming at the mouth over the "cockroaches" "slithering from SOB".

Theres plenty of a case to make about illegals without having to resort to a bunch of stereotypes and criticizing the ethnicty of those coming illegally.

Its just funner for them to make the illegal immigrant into a boogeyman.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...n-s-story.html

But I agree with you that most illegals ARE just people minding their own business working.

But these people want to compare them to drug cartels, drug smugglers, terrorists.

And bring up stories of gangbangers, murderers, and rapists, and act like those stories are representative of the illegals.

They are way more comfortable with that image of an illegal, than the image of an illegal as a hard worker.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,524,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
For someone who claims to be so tired of race-baiting, "political correctness", ethnic whining, cries of racism, etc, you sure do like to accuse people of racism a lot.
If you and your cohort didn’t routinely inject “black" into your comments addressed to me, I wouldn't have an issue.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Touche’. Likewise, your "Hispanic" accusations.

The point is; crimes committed by illegal aliens ARE more disturbing, due to the fact that they are so utterly preventable. Crime will always exist, and a heinous crime, is a heinous crime, irrespective of immigration status. However, why should we tolerate crimes committed by people who have no legal right to be here? It’s bad enough that they have entered our country illegally. The very least they could do is not rape or murder our citizens.

According to your logic, a terrorist attack by foreigners is the same as crimes committed by legal citizens. I'm sorry, but foreign invaders committing crimes against citizens of this country, is quite a bit harder to swallow. It’s unacceptable, and I will not change my stance on this issue.
I dont know...I hold Timothy McVeigh in the same category as Osama Bin Laden.

Or the DC Sniper. Theyre all scum to me.

I don't ignore the domestic people, in favor of focusing on Muslim terrorism. I think we've had more domestic terrorist acts than foreign. But to me, terrorism is terrorism. And crime is crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.