Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:42 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

IMO cars from other Nations should have to pass the same stringent tests for smog that we have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
1AngryTaxPayer - we had a recent news story showing that 700,000 vehicles have fraudulent emission / inspection stickers in the D-FW area. Of course the news outlets buried the story and have done no investigation on why or who is doing this.

But they have been whining for years that we had better watch out or the EPA will give us Non-Attainment Status and severely restrict traffic.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM

It's still here - another month has passed.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
IMO cars from other Nations should have to pass the same stringent tests for smog that we have to.
If the vehicle in question is here legally from any nation; I see no problem provided it is otherwise safe.

As for Mx emissions: starting 1990 most vehicles sold SOB have to meet the same standards as US Federal emissions rules ones here. That depicted Silverado is at the oldest a 1999 model.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 PM

124 posts, read 529,640 times
There are a lot of people who need a life of their own.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Guess what, I have not seen the truck in a couple of weeks and the house is up for sale (they want $280K and it has been divided up illegally from a single family home into three apartments).

Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Guess what, I have not seen the truck in a couple of weeks and the house is up for sale (they want $280K and it has been divided up illegally from a single family home into three apartments).
Call city/county codes...

Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
For sure, it is more than likely not up to code and they will be forced to convert it back. U can drop and dime and no one can trace it to you.

A friend of mine bought a house that was being rented. The neighbor did an illegal land grand and move the property line button over about a foot. No problem so long as the guy was a good neighbor. Fast forward a year and the guy is a complete jerk, bully and overall rude @#$#$.

I reminded my buddy of the illegal wall. He mentioned it casually during one of the neighbor's drunk rants and he went ballistic knowing all to well what it meant. My buddy has this clown over the barrel now telling him any more problems he gets to remove the wall. HAH

He even measured it for him showing how much it was over.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM

60 posts, read 173,136 times
This is funny ...you actually have time to report a plate to ice .2nd you need to find something to do with your life besides being nosy.3rd i agree you shouldnt be posting pictures up of people you dont know.And not because its low only but if i was you i wouldnt want to step on someones toe that you dont know .This world is full of hate and crime and you dont want to be caught up on the crime part cause the hate is in you already and you could be getting your self into some bad company visits.Read the newspaper son look at the news .I just tell you this cause it happens all the time.You never want to bump into something bad .

Old 12-09-2008, 12:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown97 View Post
This is funny ...you actually have time to report a plate to ice .2nd you need to find something to do with your life besides being nosy.3rd i agree you shouldnt be posting pictures up of people you dont know.And not because its low only but if i was you i wouldnt want to step on someones toe that you dont know .This world is full of hate and crime and you dont want to be caught up on the crime part cause the hate is in you already and you could be getting your self into some bad company visits.Read the newspaper son look at the news .I just tell you this cause it happens all the time.You never want to bump into something bad .
If there is probable cause that a crime is being committed--------the perps need to be busted. Call it 'snitching' or anything else---------helping to punish bad guys is a part of First World culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration