U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,343,312 times

Advertisements

I saw this imbedded in another thread and it was very funny and quite creative. It seems that every bad or negative thing in the world can be tied to illegal aliens in six easy steps.

Now I am reading another thread and one poster is pinning high credit card rates on illegal aliens. So I thought it would be fun to come up with a number of scenarios, events or concepts that all tie back to illegal aliens, ala the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

How bout it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2007, 01:45 PM

1,393 posts, read 870,154 times
Seems to me what the other poster was saying is the non-payment of people using credit cards is being absorb by American citizens in some way or another. We don't need to hand out more money to irresponsible people to not be able to pay back and no way to track their where abouts. This is a stupid move on credit card companies but, maybe we need less credit card spending, if they find their selves broke they only have their selves to blame. But, some how I think it will be the legal Americans that suffer.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Seems to me what the other poster was saying is the non-payment of people using credit cards is being absorb by American citizens in some way or another. We don't need to hand out more money to irresponsible people to not be able to pay back and no way to track their where abouts. This is a stupid move on credit card companies but, maybe we need less credit card spending, if they find their selves broke they only have their selves to blame. But, some how I think it will be the legal Americans that suffer.
This is meant to be a fun thread on immigration. But I agree, there are many people who over spend on credit cards. Been there myself and am over it!

But....
1- credit card companies are making money hand over fist on their bad risks and using defaults on credit acrds to persuade legislators to increase the allowable interest rate and late fees charged.
2- what about people in other countries with heafty incomes who have US credit cards, yet have no SS#?

Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 AM

354 posts, read 762,015 times
1. My iPod overheated about two months ago and is still not in working order.
2. The iPod was designed somewhere in Apple world, but assembled in China.
3. China is the world's leading creditor.
4. The U.S. owes billions of dollars to China.
5. The U.S. owes billions of dollars to everyone and his mother.
6. Illegal aliens cost the U.S. economy millions every year, and therefore are to blame for my subpar mp3 player.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
6. Illegal aliens cost the U.S. economy millions every year, and therefore are to blame for my subpar mp3 player.

techinically it is 10 billion a year, but whos counting!!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
1. My iPod overheated about two months ago and is still not in working order.
2. The iPod was designed somewhere in Apple world, but assembled in China.
3. China is the world's leading creditor.
4. The U.S. owes billions of dollars to China.
5. The U.S. owes billions of dollars to everyone and his mother.
On a scale of one to four, I give it one star.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:42 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,849,420 times
Thumbs up Witty Comment!

I thought Amavel's Quote was Excellent, and if there's no counterargument to dissaprove it, I will continue to accept it.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:04 PM

Thumbs up I give it three stars

Very good Am..... you managed to tie it, not only to illegal aliens, but to a country that is totally *****ing us, as well.

I usually am very creative in a twisted mind kind of way, but find this like Sudoku. It took me forever to get it and now I am really good. So I will continue to try to come up with something.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:07 PM

6,203 posts, read 15,018,489 times
1. The Grand Ave. project was just approved to go up in downtown L.A.
2. This project will mean a lot of construction work.
3. Illegals are stealing ALL of the construction jobs (not true, I know, but for the purposes of this game it sounds good!)
4. Therefore, the gentrification of downtown L.A. and the progress that has been made is merely a breeding ground for thousands and thousands more illegal aliens streaming unchecked into L.A. (I can't even write that with a straight face, I'm afraid!)

Darn, that's only four steps. I'm going to have to try to do better!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 AM

Lightbulb Illegal Aliens Ruining Valentines Day

Chocolate is a traditional Valentine gift.
Cocoa prices have skyrocketed over the past few years.
Most cocoa comes from Africa.
Illegal aliens work for less money than legal workers.
Illegal aliens are movng to the United States instead of Africa.
Therefore illegal aliens are responsible for escalating chocolate prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or