U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Perhaps Paulson's silence is due to the fact that much of this crisis IS the result of mortgage loans being offered to illegal aliens.

Quote:
WE are just now beginning to see the scapegoating that was probably inevitable in the great American banking crisis, just as it always seems to follow after any man-made disaster of colossal proportions.

But scapegoating has begun, and of the most despicable and racist sort. It is so severe that Mark Morial, president of the National Urban League, early this month begged Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson for a firm declaration that the problems are not the fault of minorities. So far, silence from Paulson.

Meanwhile, if you listen to and read some anti-immigrant "experts," you would think the entire sub-prime mortgage lending mess was the doing of Hispanics. One prominent so-called immigration expert appeared to try to pin the blame on Latino banking officials.
Thomas Elias: Minorities aren't to blame for spike in foreclosures - Pasadena Star-News (http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/opinions/ci_10692476 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
ITA. While there are more than a few greedy Americans who have contributed to this crisis by living well above their means, the majority of this fallout is resulting from identity theft and non-documented loans given to those in this country illegally.

It is not by coincident, but the results of their illegal activity that BOA, Wells Fargo and Countrywide needed bail outs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
ITA. While there are more than a few greedy Americans who have contributed to this crisis by living well above their means, the majority of this fallout is resulting from identity theft and non-documented loans given to those in this country illegally.

It is not by coincident, but the results of their illegal activity that BOA, Wells Fargo and Countrywide needed bail outs.
Absolutely! This is one illegal alien fiasco they won't be able to sweep under the rug. There’s simply too much documentation, or lack thereof, to dispute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 09:57 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Blame everything on the "evil" illegals, afterall that is the only thing you guys are good at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Blame everything on the "evil" illegals, afterall that is the only thing you guys are good at.
blacknight04: why you have a pro illegal dog in this hunt is beyond me; suffice to say, looking at our crashing economy------------the presence of the illegal immigrants is indeed evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Blame everything on the "evil" illegals, afterall that is the only thing you guys are good at.
No one is attributing the mortgage crisis ‘solely’ to illegals. However, they are a factor, and it should be acknowledged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times
Reputation: 393
Guess he has not read any of the news articles pinpointing the money trail to
mexican illegals who have lied, stolen, and forged documents to obtain a mortgage.
Which has tallied into millions so far. Why ANY real American would not find this to be
outrageous is beyond us all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Guess he has not read any of the news articles pinpointing the money trail to
mexican illegals who have lied, stolen, and forged documents to obtain a mortgage.
Which has tallied into millions so far. Why ANY real American would not find this to be
outrageous is beyond us all!
guess you havent read the article that says illegals are more responsible with their mortgages. there is a whole thread here. check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 04:52 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Blame everything on the "evil" illegals, afterall that is the only thing you guys are good at.
exactly!!! i thnk thats the least of our problems. to me the money mis spent in iraq and abroad is paramount.

i really feel that had we not gone to war, the economy would be better and it would be like it has been for decades. immigration was never really a problem, but now in tight times they need someone to blame. just like hitler blamed the jews.

the real culprit is the governemt and the billionaires getting paid at the expense of the regular citizens sweat/blood/tears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2008, 05:43 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
exactly!!! i thnk thats the least of our problems. to me the money mis spent in iraq and abroad is paramount.

i really feel that had we not gone to war, the economy would be better and it would be like it has been for decades. immigration was never really a problem, but now in tight times they need someone to blame. just like hitler blamed the jews.

the real culprit is the governemt and the billionaires getting paid at the expense of the regular citizens sweat/blood/tears.

Two wrongs makes a right? And yes, this does go all the way back to the Reagan and Carter days. That still doesn't dissolve the fact that people willingly and knowingly lied on mortgage apps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top