Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM

74 posts, read 125,001 times

Advertisements

Alright people, while I am new at this forum, I have noticed many of us are very aware of the threat this country is under. We cannot let this go unseen and unstopped. We KNOW what is going on we KNOW the cause, it is our DUTY to this great country we all live in to open our nation's eyes to the virus that are illegal immigrants!

I know that many of them come here with honest hard working hearts, and want to make a better life for themselves. We all do! But that does not give someone a reason to break the law, by coming into this country, or keep braking it (by refusing to leave, driving without a license or insurance, working without paying taxes, ____ you fill in the blanks)

There are completely legal and lawful ways for people to emigrate to America, I did it and many others here have to. We worked hard for what we have so that we could do it right and lawfully, we cannot give those who take the short, easy and illegal way around, the same rewards that we give law abiding immigrants who have toiled and spent so much to come here the right way.

In this post I would like to see ideas, work, and results.
I want to hear and I want everyone else to be able to hear, what we are doing where we live to help our country out.
I want to see and take part the work we are doing.
And I want all of us to enjoy the results of our hard work.

Please, I know many of you believe very strongly in this, but just knowing it is not enough! WE need to act! and the time is now! before we are completely over run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 09:06 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
Alright people, while I am new at this forum, I have noticed many of us are very aware of the threat this country is under. We cannot let this go unseen and unstopped. We KNOW what is going on we KNOW the cause, it is our DUTY to this great country we all live in to open our nation's eyes to the virus that are illegal immigrants!

I know that many of them come here with honest hard working hearts, and want to make a better life for themselves. We all do! But that does not give someone a reason to break the law, by coming into this country, or keep braking it (by refusing to leave, driving without a license or insurance, working without paying taxes, ____ you fill in the blanks)

There are completely legal and lawful ways for people to emigrate to America, I did it and many others here have to. We worked hard for what we have so that we could do it right and lawfully, we cannot give those who take the short, easy and illegal way around, the same rewards that we give law abiding immigrants who have toiled and spent so much to come here the right way.

In this post I would like to see ideas, work, and results.
I want to hear and I want everyone else to be able to hear, what we are doing where we live to help our country out.
I want to see and take part the work we are doing.
And I want all of us to enjoy the results of our hard work.

Please, I know many of you believe very strongly in this, but just knowing it is not enough! WE need to act! and the time is now! before we are completely over run.
I'm not sure how long ago you came here, or where else you've lived since Peru..(by the way, interesting country....I worked there briefly), but you must understand that here in the US, decades of Political Correctness have made your simple, sincere post to be regarded as something very close to "hate speech" by many..and that's the problem.

Illegal immigration isn't a complicated matter. It really is no more than a case of simple trespass, and solving it should be a "no-brainer". Yet as you can see, we've allowed it to become a huge 'controversy', and the entire immgration forum has pretty much descended to the intellectual level of a school yard brawl. The taunts, the double-talk, the cries of 'racism', etc etc,. have made the subject virtually impossible to discuss, let alone deal with.

Your post is a good one, and a reasonable idea. Yet it will go nowhere, because you'll immediately have to 'defend yourself', and explain why you "hate" immigrants....or why you "hate" Hispanics. It matters not that you ARE an immigrant yourself..or that you ARE Hispanic. Your position, of speaking out to curtail or control illegal immigration, puts you SQUARELY in the position of being an 'anti Hispanic xenophobe'....and, AS SUCH, your ideas will be considered 'tainted' and your opinion 'suspect'.

Many of us ARE Hispanics, or have Hispanic spouses, relatives or loved ones...that DOESN'T MATTER, because ANYONE suggesting there's a 'down side' to illegal immigration, or that illegal immigration is wrong, because it violates our laws, will have to bear the label of 'anti immigrant'....and nobody wants to hear such 'hate speech'.

In closing, I agree with you, and I think you're 100% correct. But on this forum, you'll get nowhere.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Your ideas are strong and your enthusiasm and dedication to this country is admirable. You will find that there are many people who have been fighting this travesty for year, me included. Unfortunately, too many Americans are so busy watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars that they're completely unaware of what is going on around them.

I'm afraid that Mac is 100% correct and indeed that is unfortunate. You will be raked over the coals for standing up against illegal immigration.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM

74 posts, read 125,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Your ideas are strong and your enthusiasm and dedication to this country is admirable. You will find that there are many people who have been fighting this travesty for year, me included. Unfortunately, too many Americans are so busy watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars that they're completely unaware of what is going on around them.

I'm afraid that Mac is 100% correct and indeed that is unfortunate. You will be raked over the coals for standing up against illegal immigration.
Let them throw what they want at me.
Who's going to call me a racist? The hispanics, my own "people" let them, I beleieve that everyone from every race is equal in value.
Who's going to say I hate immigrants? other immigrants of who I am part of?
I am all for legal immigration, I am still waiting for my cousins' papers to come through so they can come to this great country the right way.

And that is exactly why i started this post. We need to band together and open everyones eyes. United we are strong, we need to voice out what we know.

Let them come at us with all they have, if we fear what they are going to say about us we are giving in to those who oppose us.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:21 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Thanks, Kele....so sad. I WISH I was exaggerating, but I'm not. I believe it was Benicar a week or so ago who said words to the effect that in the past few decades, "right has become 'wrong'....and what was once wrong, is now 'right' ". It's that 'stark', and that simple. PC has literally destroyed our definitions of 'good and bad'..and now, illegal immigration is "good"....and those voicing objections to it are "bad".

There was a time in my life when this would have made for FASCINATING Science Fiction... Unfortunately, today, it's simply a very 'creepy', not fascinating at ALL, reality.....so no, what I said was NOT an exaggeration. It's fact.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
Let them throw what they want at me.
Who's going to call me a racist? The hispanics, my own "people" let them, I beleieve that everyone from every race is equal in value.
Who's going to say I hate immigrants? other immigrants of who I am part of?
I am all for legal immigration, I am still waiting for my cousins' papers to come through so they can come to this great country the right way.

And that is exactly why i started this post. We need to band together and open everyones eyes. United we are strong, we need to voice out what we know.

Let them come at us with all they have, if we fear what they are going to say about us we are giving in to those who oppose us.

This is more less a forum to vent and post data. I'm not contadicted what "macmeal" and "Kele" just told you, for the most part it's true.
But if you would like help fight this cause, there are other immigration forums that do just that. There's one that I've been with for over 3 years now. It's called ALIPAC,
(Americans for Legal Immigration,,Political Action Committee). There are thousands of anti Illegal Immigration members. People like amc760 ,, the one and Sassy one would not last 5 minutes there.
The forum is like this one, but when a political matter comes up to where the US Citizen need to draw the governments attention, Initiatives, proposals, Bills. We write, email and call local, state and federal Government Oficials and Represenatives.
ALIPAC is one group who helped stop the last 2 Amnesty Bills.
If your intersted.

Illegal Immigration: ALIPAC Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration