U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:55 AM

4,800 posts, read 8,122,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A historic number of Federal campaigns are presenting their stances to voters in 2008 on illegal immigration and promising more immigration enforcement and opposition to Amnesty according to the research of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC).

While the two leading Presidential candidates, Obama and McCain, have pro-Amnesty stances that are identical to each other and identical to the failed Bush policies, Congressional candidates are taking opposing stances. Luckily for Americans, the US Constitution gives Congress the power over immigration laws and not the Executive Branch.

"We are seeing three times as many candidates make promises to oppose Amnesty or a path to citizenship for illegal aliens this year than in 2006 or 2004," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Very few candidates are openly promoting the Obama, McCain, Bush amnesty plan because they know it would hurt their campaigns, since a super majority of voters oppose Amnesty." ....
Illegal Immigration: ALIPAC Americans for Legal Immigration PAC - Historic Number of Campaigns Promise Immigration Enforcement in 2008

McStain and Obamination can promise Amnesty until the cows come home. Without the cooperation of Congress, it ain't gonna happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 PM

15,172 posts, read 16,850,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
McStain and Obamination can promise Amnesty until the cows come home. Without the cooperation of Congress, it ain't gonna happen.
True! And even if they try, "We The People" will kill the bill just as we have in the past. As you stated, it ain't gonna happen!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,441,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True! And even if they try, "We The People" will kill the bill just as we have in the past. As you stated, it ain't gonna happen!
YES WE CAN! We did it twice and we can do it however many times it takes. Be sure to pay close attention to whose side your encumbents up for re-election are on. I'm sick of the Dick Durbin commercials already.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
YES WE CAN! We did it twice and we can do it however many times it takes. Be sure to pay close attention to whose side your encumbents up for re-election are on. I'm sick of the Dick Durbin commercials already.
I'm thankful I don't have to see them in my area; in particular, during a meal.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
I'm thankful I don't have to see them in my area; in particular, during a meal.
His commercials are about as nauseating as working downtown. I find it amusing that he mentions everything except the DREAMAct in them. . . maybe our documented "talk" changed his mind?

Speaking of meals . . .I hate downtown Chicago so much. I have pretty much stopped going for my usual walk during my lunch hour. I can't stand the sound of spanish, nor the daily witnessing of the teenaged illegal pushing a bambino in a stroller with 2 toddlers fighting over whose going to help her push it while her belly is full with the next big tax drain.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
His commercials are about as nauseating as working downtown. I find it amusing that he mentions everything except the DREAMAct in them. . . maybe our documented "talk" changed his mind?

Speaking of meals . . .I hate downtown Chicago so much. I have pretty much stopped going for my usual walk during my lunch hour. I can't stand the sound of spanish, nor the daily witnessing of the teenaged illegal pushing a bambino in a stroller with 2 toddlers fighting over whose going to help her push it while her belly is full with the next big tax drain.
I find it interesting that Durbin has avoided mentioning his beloved DREAM Act. The DREAMies must be so disappointed, because they consider Durbin and Obama their heroes. What a world, what a world.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I find it interesting that Durbin has avoided mentioning his beloved DREAM Act. The DREAMies must be so disappointed, because they consider Durbin and Obama their heroes. What a world, what a world.
They hung themselves with that sympathy board they created that turned into documented admissions of deliberate criminal behavior. Their admitted lack of morals and other documented instances of self incrimination deemed them unworthy of taxpayer subsidized college educations, sympathy or citizenship.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 17,599,296 times
I've passed several threads from this forum to ALIPAC.
Most any question on Illegal Immigaration can be answered there.

Trolls are spotted and illimunated in no time.
I dare amc760, the one, or sassy one to join.

How many here are members of ALIPAC?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-13-2008 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-13-2008, 01:16 PM

13,387 posts, read 17,599,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

JDubsMom, Benicar, Kele, Arizonabear, macmeal, Arizonabound, 1AngryTaxPayer and most of the crew here would be great voices there.

I know there's a couple here that are already members.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:36 PM

1,175 posts, read 3,544,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

ALIPAC? What is that? Do you have a website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration