Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times

Advertisements

Mexico barred from defending man in Altoona slayings
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The Associated Press
HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pa. -- The state Supreme Court is denying the Mexican government the right to appeal a death penalty case on behalf of one of its citizens.
The court has ruled to quash a motion filed by Mexico, ruling it did not have the authority to intervene because the government is not an attorney for 27-year-old Miguel Padilla. The ruling was handed down on Thursday.
The court is allowing Mr. Padilla's other appeals to continue.
Mr. Padilla has been convicted of killing three men outside a social club near Altoona in August 2005. The Mexican government's petition sought to allow Mr. Padilla to withdraw his no contest plea to an illegal weapons charge related to the shootings.

As an illegal immigrant, Mr. Padilla is not allowed to possess a weapon

The hammer falls in place in a place it doesn't usually need to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 01:32 PM

608 posts, read 923,577 times
Like usual the Mexican government shows its belief in the old adage "Where there's a Mexican there's Mexico." It only makes me wonder when I see the Mexican government try to defend a person like this! Too bad, but the hammer is in motion!

Old 10-14-2008, 01:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
So, I am beginning to see a pattern here where mexico believes that the US is some sort of bastardized offshoot of sonora and chihuahua.
This has to stop! The US government looked the other way as illegal immigrants poured through our southern border, and now they are looking away as mexico attempts (and frankly, has been pretty damn successful) to set laws.
Enough!

Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM

It is a same but at least PA isn't putting up with their crap. The tiny illegal population is crying racial profiling here in Pittsburgh because enforcement of immigration has increased a lot in the past few years. The pro-illegal Post Gazette said in a special Diversity section (it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be) PA has the most anti-immigrant (I'm sure they accidently forgot to put illegal after immigrant) bills on the table in the US. I hope they all get passed and keep our small illegal population small.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
I agree with both of you. I will also guarantee if this maggot is found guilty and sentenced to death, it will be another (unnecessary) 10 year period of appeals. They need to execute this maggot yesterday and save the court's time and taxpayers' money.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Interesting post, Brad.

It is amazing how POOR Mexico is able to afford Legal Council for a Common Criminal Murderer in this country Illegally yet unable to afford to educate and care their own citizens.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Interesting post, Brad.

It is amazing how POOR Mexico is able to afford Legal Council for a Common Criminal Murderer in this country Illegally yet unable to afford to educate and care their own citizens.
They can't afford anything, we the taxpayers are footing their bills. Everything from spanish interpreter, court appointed attorneys, jail time, appeals, etc.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
They can't afford anything, we the taxpayers are footing their bills. Everything from spanish interpreter, court appointed attorneys, jail time, appeals, etc.
Then let's just SHOOT THE BUGGER, JDubs!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Interesting post, Brad.

Ha I know they are more worried about a murderer in Western PA than feeding and taking care of their own people.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Then let's just SHOOT THE BUGGER, JDubs!

You crack me up. It's not that easy, because as you know Americans are held accountable for every little thing and obeying every single international law. If we were a barbaric country say like Mexico, Guatemala or some other 3rd world hell hole it would be a lot easier to get away with. As a matter of fact nobody would bat an eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration