U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times

Advertisements

"Pine River students learn from former Mexican president"

By Kayla Kiley

LEROY - When Scott Koenig heard that former Mexican president Vicente Fox was coming to Alma College, he picked up the phone and made a few calls.

"The students are all citizens, and one opportunity to learn how to engage as a citizen is to go listen to political leaders speak," said the Pine River High School civics teacher.

In late September, 18 Pine River High School civics students signed up to travel to Alma College to hear Fox talk. The Pine River students were among more than 1,500 people who came to the public event.

Fox, who was the president of Mexico from 2000 through 2006, also talked about his life story, views on America and Mexico, the North American Free Trade Agreement, global economic and social needs, and leadership. Fox gained popularity in Mexico as a major advocate for humanist and social rights and as a promoter of democracy. "(Vicente Fox) just released a book, ˜Revolution of Hope,’ which discusses the idea of leadership and need of leadership from youth as global citizens," Koenig said. "His point is - everyone is a leader, and they should lead with compassion and care for each other by, in his words, ˜not building walls - we need to start building bridges.’"

read more....
cadillacnews.com (http://www.cadillacnews.com/story_news/?story_id=458363&year=2008 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,052,951 times
One way bridges for the destitute and ignorant he means. Fox doesn't want a peso leaving mexico, but he certainly wants all the american dollars pouring in.

While obama certainly has amnesty on the brain, I hope to god he is smarter then W and will realize when he is being 'played' by another foreign country. Lets face it, mexico is out for what mexcio can glean, and if the US falls apart in the process they really wouldn't care. I would imagine fox's bridge would then merely extend to canada.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
One way bridges for the destitute and ignorant he means. Fox doesn't want a peso leaving mexico, but he certainly wants all the american dollars pouring in.

While obama certainly has amnesty on the brain, I hope to god he is smarter then W and will realize when he is being 'played' by another foreign country. Lets face it, mexico is out for what mexcio can glean, and if the US falls apart in the process they really wouldn't care. I would imagine fox's bridge would then merely extend to canada.
Or a foot Bridge over the Rio Grande.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

Agreed. The slime known as Vicente has two faces and like your typical corrupt politician speaks out of both sides of his mouth. His only concern and loyalty is to American dollars and mexican oligarchies. He should be on America's terror watch list.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:33 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,685,038 times
Guys:

As the recession (or is that depression) deepens: you know; the event that our government keeps denying the existence of...........the pressure to arrest/deport/seize will increase against the illegals.

McCain, Obama or Mickey Mouse: the next President wil be forced to do something (or else).

Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Guys:

As the recession (or is that depression) deepens: you know; the event that our government keeps denying the existence of...........the pressure to arrest/deport/seize will increase against the illegals.

McCain, Obama or Mickey Mouse: the next President wil be forced to do something (or else).
I agree, The more I think about it. Sooner or later they will have no choice or it will become completely out of anyones of our control. And we all know what that means!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:50 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,969,246 times
Okay, I read that article twice, and I see no mention of Fox trying to "brainwash" students. He talks about leadership, respect for your fellow man, and all of that good positive stuff, etc.

Could you point it out to me where he is indoctrinating students?

Old 10-15-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
Okay, I read that article twice, and I see no mention of Fox trying to "brainwash" students. He talks about leadership, respect for your fellow man, and all of that good positive stuff, etc.

Could you point it out to me where he is indoctrinating students?
Doesn't "No Walls" say something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or