Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,376,872 times

Advertisements

IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — An eastern Idaho woman whose boyfriend impregnated her 9-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Isabel Chasarez, 27, must serve at least one year in prison before she is eligible for parole, 7th District Judge Brent Moss ordered at a sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Chasarez pleaded guilty in August to failing to provide proper prenatal care for her daughter.

Her 38-year-old boyfriend, Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, pleaded guilty to raping the girl in September. He is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 28 and faces a possibly sentence of life in prison.

The girl became pregnant at age 9, sometime between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30, 2007, according to police testimony provided during a court hearing in May.

She gave birth in April, but the date of birth and sex of the baby have not been made public by authorities.
Moss said Chasarez's need for counseling was part of the reason he was sending her to prison. Otherwise, she would likely be deported to Mexico, authorities said.

"It's a very unfortunate event for a 10-year-old girl who had no idea that any of this was coming, partly because her mother didn't step in and help," Moss told Chasarez. "If I send you to Mexico, I don't think you're going to get anything at all down there in terms of treatment."

Speaking through an interpreter, Chasarez asked to see her children again.
"I would like to see my kids," she said, the Post Register reported. "They are all my life. They're all I've got. It's not fair that because of what (Gutierrez-Juarez) did, we all have to pay."

Fremont County Prosecutor Penny North-Shaul supported letting Chasarez see her children, but said it's unclear if it would be allowed.

Idaho woman sentenced in rape involving 9-year-old daughter | News Updates | Idaho Statesman (http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/538850.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 PM

26,684 posts, read 41,560,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — An eastern Idaho woman whose boyfriend impregnated her 9-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Isabel Chasarez, 27, must serve at least one year in prison before she is eligible for parole, 7th District Judge Brent Moss ordered at a sentencing hearing Tuesday.

Chasarez pleaded guilty in August to failing to provide proper prenatal care for her daughter.

Her 38-year-old boyfriend, Guadalupe Gutierrez-Juarez, pleaded guilty to raping the girl in September. He is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 28 and faces a possibly sentence of life in prison.

The girl became pregnant at age 9, sometime between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30, 2007, according to police testimony provided during a court hearing in May.

She gave birth in April, but the date of birth and sex of the baby have not been made public by authorities.
Moss said Chasarez's need for counseling was part of the reason he was sending her to prison. Otherwise, she would likely be deported to Mexico, authorities said.

"It's a very unfortunate event for a 10-year-old girl who had no idea that any of this was coming, partly because her mother didn't step in and help," Moss told Chasarez. "If I send you to Mexico, I don't think you're going to get anything at all down there in terms of treatment."

Speaking through an interpreter, Chasarez asked to see her children again.
"I would like to see my kids," she said, the Post Register reported. "They are all my life. They're all I've got. It's not fair that because of what (Gutierrez-Juarez) did, we all have to pay."

Fremont County Prosecutor Penny North-Shaul supported letting Chasarez see her children, but said it's unclear if it would be allowed.

Idaho woman sentenced in rape involving 9-year-old daughter | News Updates | Idaho Statesman (http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/538850.html - broken link)
If we had any real justice system, these two would have their ability to make children removed. I think that is fair punishment for disgusting crimes like this.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
If we had any real justice system, these two would have their ability to make children removed. I think that is fair punishment for disgusting crimes like this.
ITA. I've said it a million times, the act of procreating does not make you a parent. I actually think less of females who give birth in order to abuse/use their children as a source of income, food stamps, chain migration, welfare, etc. IMHO they are as low if not lower than pimps, rapist and child molesters.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-16-2008 at 07:00 PM..

Old 10-16-2008, 06:36 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,817,211 times
This is outrageous...thanks for posting this; I have included this 'case' in another thread because there is an ongoing "controversy", as usual re: pro-choice and pro-life. I think it will be interesting to read the opinions concering this horrid situation. That poor child; I simply detest hearing stories like this; I have been a victim's advocate for quite some time and things like this make my skin crawl and I not only wonder 'why' would anyone do this but 'why' doesn't the system work harder to protect and help victims...etc. I should stop now before I really start writing comments.....thanks!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,311,023 times
is that even physically possible?

to conceive at nine

Old 10-16-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
This is outrageous...thanks for posting this; I have included this 'case' in another thread because there is an ongoing "controversy", as usual re: pro-choice and pro-life. I think it will be interesting to read the opinions concering this horrid situation. That poor child; I simply detest hearing stories like this; I have been a victim's advocate for quite some time and things like this make my skin crawl and I not only wonder 'why' would anyone do this but 'why' doesn't the system work harder to protect and help victims...etc. I should stop now before I really start writing comments.....thanks!
You are so welcome. Just when I think they can't any more disgusting, the illegals prove me wrong with barbaric actions that chant: Sí, se puede' .

Old 10-16-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
is that even physically possible?

to conceive at nine
Yes it is. Age isn't a factor. As long as the female has a monthly cycle, it's possible.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:39 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,573,259 times
Another "Makes Me Wanna Puke" scenario stemming from Illegal Immigration, JDubs!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,604,854 times
How disgusting, how deplorable. And she wants to see her kids, her life? What a maggot.
In this instance, if this girl isn't an anchor I would like to see her get citizenship because she is not likely to get the counseling she so desperatly needs in mexcio.

As for that horrid filth --- how I wish they could plant a tracking device in her to make damn sure that once she is deported she will never be able to crawl back in to the us again.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Another "Makes Me Wanna Puke" scenario stemming from Illegal Immigration, JDubs!
I know exactly how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration