U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,929,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so when you guys were talking about people lumping hispanics together, you were really talkin about yourself!

if not you would know that latinos are not a monolith. and you wouldnt make this silly assertion. latinos have the same right to complain about preferential treatment in the workplace as do whites or sudanese workers. they forego that right because some people in another city marched for immigrant rights.

really! so much for not putting them all in one category.

wow.
That is why i laugh when they call themselves "anti-illegal".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,240,362 times
Quote:
so why would he be an example of this. why would what you bolded in read, which is from the mouth of US citizen be evidence of the pot calling hte kettle black? is he an illegal alien with a sense of entitlement? no he is a citizen. what happened to not lumping all latinos together?

what? this is an issue about workplace standards. the only time latino workers have unionized or banded together is for livable wages. please provide examples of latinos or other immigrants demanding rights that cut a fellow workers time or pay.

there is no comparison here. this is about muslim prayer breaks. what demands have latinos made?
You still haven't answered my question. Why would he feel "discomfort" due to these new immigrants moving into the community? How does their mere presence, and the animosity of Latinos, relate to "workplace standards?"

If you don't know what demands Latino illegal aliens have made, you have either been asleep or living in a remote cave. Did you miss all of the protest marches? Are you not aware of their current demands for amnesty and an end to all workplace raids? At least these people are legal.

Furthermore, if you think there are no illegal aliens working at this plant, you are very naive.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
so when you guys were talking about people lumping hispanics together, you were really talkin about yourself!

if not you would know that latinos are not a monolith. and you wouldnt make this silly assertion. latinos have the same right to complain about preferential treatment in the workplace as do whites or sudanese workers. they forego that right because some people in another city marched for immigrant rights.

really! so much for not putting them all in one category.

wow.
Again, I find it incredibly hypocritical for a group of Latino immigrants, legal or illegal, to show such utter contempt for a group of immigrants, while they constantly complain about being treated unfairly, discrimination, and racism. How are they any better?

You are solely focusing on a workplace issue, while you completely ignore their hypocrisy. Those living in glass houses......

Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That is why i laugh when they call themselves "anti-illegal".
I am anti-illegal. However, that doesn't preclude recognizing hypocritical behavior when I see it.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,340,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You still haven't answered my question. Why would he feel "discomfort" due to these new immigrants moving into the community? How does their mere presence, and the animosity of Latinos, relate to "workplace standards?"
he is upset at the demands for prayer time. thats the discomfort.

If you don't know what demands Latino illegal aliens have made, you have either been asleep or living in a remote cave. Did you miss all of the protest marches? but what does that have to do with these citizens? and this workplace issue. remeber latinos are not a monolith. this guy as a citizen who works in this plant HAS AS MUCH RIGHT TO COMPLAIN AS DO HIS CO WORKERSAre you not aware of their current demands for amnesty and an end to all workplace raids? At least these people are legal.

Furthermore, if you think there are no illegal aliens working at this plant, you are very naive.
i never said this. why do you bring this up? the illegals that were there, left or were weeded out. thus the new somali workers
this is about workers having a problem with special demands in the work place. when have latinos done this? or catholics? or anyone else?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I am anti-illegal. However, that doesn't preclude recognizing hypocritical behavior when I see it.
how is it hypocritical for workers, who are citizens by the way, to reject a request by other workers for preferential treatment so they can adore some jesus/jehova/allah/mumbo jumbo.

there is no hypocracy here.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,120,375 times
Quote:
Agreed, and there is no better example of hypocrisy than the whiney, tax draining, arrogant illegals from SOB.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
this is about workers having a problem with special demands in the work place. when have latinos done this? or catholics? or anyone else?
I see you are still refusing to answer my question. Once again, why would the Mexican man feel "discomfort" at the presence of these people moving into the community?

This is not simply a matter of workplace preferential treatment, and you know it. The Latinos resent these immigrants for no other reason than the fact that they are not Latino.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I see you are still refusing to answer my question. Once again, why would the Mexican man feel "discomfort" at the presence of these people moving into the community?

This is not simply a matter of workplace preferential treatment, and you know it. The Latinos resent these immigrants for no other reason than the fact that they are not Latino.
i already answered the question.

he is complaining about the request for prayer time!

did we read the same article?

it states:
"Mr. Garcia has been particularly troubled by the Somalis’ demand that they be allowed special breaks for prayers that are obligatory for devout Muslims. The breaks, he said, would inconvenience everyone else. "

as for other reasons to feel discomfort, i cant speak for him and neither can you.

he resents the demand for prayer time.
maybe hes a catholic that hates muslims and their sharia law.

its not said in the article, and i hate to ASSume.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
i already answered the question.

he is complaining about the request for prayer time!

did we read the same article?

it states:
"Mr. Garcia has been particularly troubled by the Somalis’ demand that they be allowed special breaks for prayers that are obligatory for devout Muslims. The breaks, he said, would inconvenience everyone else. "

as for other reasons to feel discomfort, i cant speak for him and neither can you.

he resents the demand for prayer time.
maybe hes a catholic that hates muslims and their sharia law.

its not said in the article, and i hate to ASSume.
That's not the quote I referenced. I'm referring to this. How is this related to workplace issues?

Quote:
Like many workers at the meatpacking plant here, Raul A. Garcia, a Mexican-American, has watched with some discomfort as hundreds of Somali immigrants have moved to town in the past couple of years, many of them to fill jobs once held by Latino workers taken away in immigration raids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or