U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:38 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,340,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That's not the quote I referenced. I'm referring to this. How is this related to workplace issues?
yes i know, and the following line after what you quoted expands on mr garcias discomfort. which is due to somali muslims asking for prayer time. time that cuts into workers time and pay.

so if you want to know why that is... it can be because he is catholic and hates muslims. or maybe he dislikes sexist societies that treat their women differently. but i dont really know. and neither do you. so why should we assume anything?

we can always draw conclusions, and the conslusion here is that he does not like preferential treatment based on religious views. his buddies apparently didnt either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:59 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,240,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
yes i know, and the following line after what you quoted expands on mr garcias discomfort. which is due to somali muslims asking for prayer time. time that cuts into workers time and pay.

so if you want to know why that is... it can be because he is catholic and hates muslims. or maybe he dislikes sexist societies that treat their women differently. but i dont really know. and neither do you. so why should we assume anything?

we can always draw conclusions, and the conslusion here is that he does not like preferential treatment based on religious views. his buddies apparently didnt either.
We'll have to simply agree to disagree. I don't believe his discomfort is due to their religion, or preferential treatment. I believe his discomfort is solely due to the fact that they aren't Latino. This is what I consider hypocrisy.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,120,375 times
Quote:
We'll have to simply agree to disagree. I don't believe his discomfort is due to their religion, or preferential treatment. I believe his discomfort is solely due to the fact that they aren't Latino. This is what I consider hypocrisy.

Agreed. It's not rocket science. The fact that time and again they have displayed their sheer arrogance, self absorbed, false sense of entitlement and racial superiority, while waiving the mexican rag on American soil shouting viva la raza, is proof positive that they delusionally think they are special.

Then there's their ring leader LaRaza whose motto is : "For the race everything for everyone else . . . . nothing." I can think of a few more adjectives to describe them.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-17-2008 at 08:05 PM..

Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 PM

5,950 posts, read 7,319,432 times
Quote:
Absolutely! Latino illegal aliens and their supporters have done nothing but "demand" from the taxpayers of this country. How dare they complain about another group!

Although I do not believe Muslims should receive preferential treatment, I simply cannot ignore the sheer gall of these Latinos to complain about another group demanding accommodations.
Yea and not only is it a taste of their own medicine, it make them look like biggest the hypocrites ever!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:41 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,863,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so when you guys were talking about people lumping hispanics together, you were really talkin about yourself!

if not you would know that latinos are not a monolith. and you wouldnt make this silly assertion. latinos have the same right to complain about preferential treatment in the workplace as do whites or sudanese workers. they forego that right because some people in another city marched for immigrant rights?

really! so much for not putting them all in one category.

wow.
Benicar was speaking strictly to the issue of illegal immigrants of Latino heritage. Illegal immigrants of any ethnic background have no right to complain about any sort of treatment they receive in workplace. They are here in direct violation of U.S. law, stealing jobs from American citizens and other legal workers. If they want the right to b*tch, then they need to come here legally.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:49 AM

23,630 posts, read 33,419,067 times
Quote:
To quote Chris Tucker from Friday: "Payback is a , ain't it?!"

Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,240,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
To quote Chris Tucker from Friday: "Payback is a , ain't it?!"
It would be hilarious if the illegal Hispanics were granted amnesty, and then millions of Haitians invaded the country as the “new” illegals. By virtue of their new “citizenship” status, Hispanics would no longer be the profitable, exploitable, favored cheap workforce. Then, they would truly get a taste of their own bitter medicine.

Of course, as funny as this scenario would be; any form of amnesty would be an absolute nightmare, and would lead to the demise of this country.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:06 PM

12,006 posts, read 16,758,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. It's not rocket science. The fact that time and again they have displayed their sheer arrogance, self absorbed, false sense of entitlement and racial superiority, while waiving the mexican rag on American soil shouting viva la raza, is proof positive that they delusionally think they are special.

Then there's their ring leader LaRaza whose motto is : "For the race everything for everyone else . . . . nothing." I can think of a few more adjectives to describe them.
Great lesson in stereotyping! I guess since SOME radical white Christians burned a cross on my lawn, all white Christians are obviously delusionally thinking that they're superior, no?

Did you even read the article?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,120,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Great lesson in stereotyping! I guess since SOME radical white Christians burned a cross on my lawn, all white Christians are obviously delusionally thinking that they're superior, no?

Did you even read the article?
Excuse you? First and foremost, I did not post the article, but I read it.

Simply because I didn't comment the way you think I should does not give you the right to question, or personally attack me. Racial profile much? You assume that I am a white christian. Since I'm not, sorry I can't answer your question. Perhaps you should keep searching for one to interrogate.

The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not you read and comprehended the rules of this board. Specifically the topic of attacking other posters especially based soley on your assumption of said posters' race.

Oh and sorry about your lawn, I hope it recovered.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-18-2008 at 01:44 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 01:31 PM

12,006 posts, read 16,758,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Excuse you? First and foremost, I not only posted the article, I also read it.

Simply because I didn't comment the way you think I should does not give you the right to question, or personally attack me. The question you should be asking yourself is whether or not you read and comprehended the rules of this board. Specifically the topic of attacking other posters.

Oh and sorry about your lawn, I hope it recovered.
How did I personally attack you? Oh that's right, I did not. The comment you made had nothing to do with the article which was speaking of citizens of the United States who are angry that other residents are causing a pay cut for all due to their religious beliefs. Nothing to do with La Raza. Nothing to do with Latino superiority. There's a similar thread in the general politics forum which I'm sure would be addressed differently by several on this thread simply because it makes (to my recollection) no mention of people of Latino heritage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or