U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM

7,020 posts, read 10,120,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How did I personally attack you? Oh that's right, I did not. The comment you made had nothing to do with the article which was speaking of citizens of the United States who are angry that other residents are causing a pay cut for all due to their religious beliefs. Nothing to do with La Raza. Nothing to do with Latino superiority. There's a similar thread in the general politics forum which I'm sure would be addressed differently by several on this thread simply because it makes (to my recollection) no mention of people of Latino heritage.
Quote:
Like many workers at the meatpacking plant here, Raul A. Garcia, a Mexican-American, has watched with some discomfort as hundreds of Somali immigrants have moved to town in the past couple of years, many of them to fill jobs once held by Latino workers taken away in immigration raids.
Quote:

The Latino is very humble,” said Mr. Garcia, 73, who has worked at the plant, owned by JBS U.S.A. Inc., since 1994. “But they are arrogant,” he said of the Somali workers. “They act like the United States owes them.”
Again, excuse you? The key to reading is comprehension, please don't pretend to be ignorant that senor Garcia was speaking of illegal aliens. I suggest you refrain from your unnecessary insolence, raced based assumptions and false accusations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM

35,155 posts, read 32,136,802 times
A citizen is a LEGAL American, Illegal Aliens cannot be considered citizens though many supporters of them seem to think that they are.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 PM

12,006 posts, read 16,758,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

Again, excuse you? The key to reading is comprehension, please don't pretend to be ignorant that senor Garcia was speaking of illegal aliens. I suggest you refrain from your unnecessary insolence, raced based assumptions and false accusations.
Speaking of personal attacks...

And one man speaks for ALL Latinos. Always. Mr. Garcia must be incredibly powerful. Garcia said exactly he was speaking for- Latinos. That means legal, illegal, and Latinos born and raised in the US. Do I necessarily agree with his statement? No. Does his statement say anything about illegal immigrants or anything about la Raza? Absolutely not.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A citizen is a LEGAL American, Illegal Aliens cannot be considered citizens though many supporters of them seem to think that they are.
Apparently, that person didn't bother to read the article, assumed I was white and merely felt the need to attack me.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 PM

35,155 posts, read 32,136,802 times
Quote:
Apparently, that person didn't bother to read the article, assumed I was white and merely felt the need to attack me.
U white guys
sheesh

J/K

Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 16,240,362 times
Quote:

I also submit that the bolded section is the core of his discomfort, and a salient factor in the resentment Latinos have towards the “new” immigrants.

Quote:
Like many workers at the meatpacking plant here, Raul A. Garcia, a Mexican-American, has watched with some discomfort as hundreds of Somali immigrants have moved to town in the past couple of years, many of them to fill jobs once held by Latino workers taken away in immigration raids.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Speaking of personal attacks...

And one man speaks for ALL Latinos. Always. Mr. Garcia must be incredibly powerful. Garcia said exactly he was speaking for- Latinos. That means legal, illegal, and Latinos born and raised in the US. Do I necessarily agree with his statement? No. Does his statement say anything about illegal immigrants or anything about la Raza? Absolutely not.

Please find where I state the above, when you do, I'll be happy to continue this discussion that is perpetually evolving into your grasping for straws to hurl false accusations at me. Until you find any of what you are accusing me of stating, as far as I am concerned we have nothing to discuss.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I also submit that the bolded section is the core of his discomfort, and a salient factor in the resentment Latinos have towards the “new” immigrants.

Agreed. This entire discussion amounts to an angry poster who is hurling accusations because: (a) he/she never read the article and responded to my post out of blind anger; or (b) has poor comprehension skills. Either way, it appears he/she can't find what they need in order to justify the attack.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-18-2008 at 02:10 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 01:59 PM

12,006 posts, read 16,758,787 times
Quote:
Where did I ever insinuate that you were white?

Old 10-18-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
U white guys
sheesh

J/K
Perhaps in my next life. For now, I am enjoying my role in life as a black woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or