U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

PHOENIX — The head of a major Latino-rights group wants the next president to appoint a Homeland Security chief who will agree to halt immigration raids during the 2010 census.

But Gov. Janet Napolitano, who could be that appointee, is on record as opposing such a move.
John Trasviña told the Arizona Latino Research Enterprise Town Hall on Friday that getting an accurate count is critical to electing more Hispanics to office. And the president of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund said to do that first requires educating the Latino community about the importance of the decennial count.

"We cannot do that as well as we want to until we know the Department of Homeland Security is not going to be out there at the same time the enumerators are out there, knocking on doors, asking for people's names and who lives at that particular house," he said.

Trasviña said a proper count of Hispanics, legal and otherwise, will affect how congressional and state legislative districts are drawn for the 2012 elections.
"If we do our job right, we will have a record number of Latinos in Congress, Asian Ameri-cans in Congress," he said, along with gains in statehouses.


Latino-rights advocate calls for halt to immigration raids during census | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/263033 - broken link)

For all of those who persistently accuse others of lumping illegal aliens with hispanic citizens, this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of those of your ethnicity being guilty of deliberately lumping illegal aliens and hispanic citizens together order to inflate their numbers and falsely obtain additional political representation.

Where in the hell do they think they are, the corrupt hellhole known as Mexico?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2008, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Trasvina: get over it.

If a putative 'Hispanic' wins any election: I want it to be on his/her merits-----------not due to that person's so-called ethnicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 07:32 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Trasvina: get over it.

If a putative 'Hispanic' wins any election: I want it to be on his/her merits-----------not due to that person's so-called ethnicity.
Agreed and that goes for any other candidate inclusive of any race or ethnicity. The gall of people like this racist thinking that his illegal alien raza should be counted amongst taxpaying Americans is further confirmation that we should NOT legalize millions more.

We already know that this nation cannot survive under the burden of their 3rd world mentality, crime and birthrates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Give me a break. Who does this guy think he his?

Trasvina want Illegalls in office? He wants only those willing to break the law.
IMO, those who help Illegals, are no better than Illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Reputation: 8519
I REALLY wish these MEXICAN illegal immigration pimps would stop trying to make their "movement" and "support" seem larger by calling themselves "Latino" rights advocates. Not every "Latino" shares in the goals of Central American illegal immigrant sympathizers, which is basically what most "Latino rights" groups seem to sadly be these days.

To top it off, a large portion of the "Latinos" that come over here from Southern Mexico have about as much "Latin" in them as the Queen of England (suffice it to say, intermarriage amongst European royals may give her a little, but she aint going around calling everyone "Mamita" now is she?!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,062,995 times
Reputation: 3717
Default Hey! We keep lettin' 'em in, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

For all of those who persistently accuse others of lumping illegal aliens with hispanic citizens, this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of those of your ethnicity being guilty of deliberately lumping illegal aliens and hispanic citizens together order to inflate their numbers and falsely obtain additional political representation.

Where in the hell do they think they are, the corrupt hellhole known as Mexico?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed and that goes for any other candidate inclusive of any race or ethnicity. The gall of people like this racist thinking that his illegal alien raza should be counted amongst taxpaying Americans is further confirmation that we should NOT legalize millions more.

We already know that this nation cannot survive under the burden of their 3rd world mentality, crime and birthrates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Give me a break. Who does this guy think he his?

Trasvina want Illegalls in office? He wants only those willing to break the law.
IMO, those who help Illegals, are no better than Illegals.
Yes,but we continue to let them get away with it! Shame on us! The press fauns over them, and then makes fun of or mis-represents legal activist patriotic groups like The MinuteMen. We argue amongst ourselves, take each other to court, argue about whether we should unleash full-auto versus semi-auto firearms (I suggest a belt-fed GE Minigun...) to our overworked and under-appreciated BP officers (sorry guys...) and other distractions.

If this were the borders of Russia or China or Iran, for example, there wouldn't be such useless chit-chat. Maybe we CAN learn something from Putin and all those other unpronounceable leaders? (I try to keep up on world leadership names and affiliations, but really...).

Let's get busy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 01:28 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Yes,but we continue to let them get away with it! Shame on us! The press fauns over them, and then makes fun of or mis-represents legal activist patriotic groups like The MinuteMen. We argue amongst ourselves, take each other to court, argue about whether we should unleash full-auto versus semi-auto firearms (I suggest a belt-fed GE Minigun...) to our overworked and under-appreciated BP officers (sorry guys...) and other distractions.

If this were the borders of Russia or China or Iran, for example, there wouldn't be such useless chit-chat. Maybe we CAN learn something from Putin and all those other unpronounceable leaders? (I try to keep up on world leadership names and affiliations, but really...).

Let's get busy!
I agree with your train of thought. However, I just wanted to add that many of us are working feverishly behind the scenes. The reason the last 2 attempts at passing amnesty and the DreamAct (legislation that was deliberately buried in between bills that would permit additional funding for the troops) failed is because we the American people stopped them cold.

Simply because we are not out marching and protesting 24-7, does not mean we are not fighting. Who do you think clogged up fax, email and phone lines in Washington? We actually shut down their entire phone system, TWICE. We know whose been naughty and whose nice. The true Americans in office on both sides of the aisle, give us the courtesy of a heads up whenever amnesty is lodged in legitimate bills to be passed while we are sleeping.

If you are interested in more information re: groups you can join or just where to find the names, phone numbers and email addresses of representatives, as well as who in office is our friends vs. our enemies, feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 01:30 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
can be expected when we don't enforce our laws and dont change them they become meaningless.
its an under the table NAFTA. lets get out of the under the table biz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
 
638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Reputation: 217
Get rid off all illegal aliens before the next census . . problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Road Warrior
2,015 posts, read 4,898,363 times
Reputation: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Get rid off all illegal aliens before the next census . . problem solved.
I think the irony of the story is due to our current economy some illegals are starting to leave on their own by 2010 there will be a slight natural reduction and if heavily enforced around the time of census, we can see an illegal number of 12 million possibly drop to 11 million by 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top