Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 05:04 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times

Advertisements

I've been getting to thinking as alot of areas on Long Island have taken a turn for the worse. It has become two "islands", one for the ultra-rich and the other for their servants, who are mostly illegals from Central America.
You can see that in Nassau county pretty clearly. Syosset and Plainview used to be more blue collar middle class, but rich ppl started moving in knocking down the affordable ranches and building McMansions, driving up prices and taxes. In nearby Hicksville and Westbury it used to be middle class as well, but these same rich ppl bought up houses and turned them into illegal apartments for their servants (illegal aliens). There can be 20 men and up in these flophouses.
So, it's not actually the illegals to blame but the rich people that hire them. The rich bring them in because they want to get as close to "slavery" as possible, instead of hiring citizens and having to pay taxes and health insurance.
The only way to really fix this problem is to enforce the law. Lock up ppl who hire illegals, deport the ones that dont leave on their own, and deny them any government assistance. Unfortunately none of the Presidential candidates pledge to enforce immigration laws. I do feel it has gotten much worse under George W. Bush and the Republicans. The Republicans always want to create larger and larger tax loopholes for the rich, as well as making it easy for them to get cheap labor (illegals).
I do feel the rich need to start paying their fare share while the rest of us get a break. It's why I'm voting for Obama.
It's too bad, the outcome would have been much different if Mitt Romney (or even better, Ron Paul) was running on the Republican ticket, but instead they picked John "Amnesty" McCain, one of the biggest supporters of illegal aliens in the Senate!
It seems to the Republicans, the nation revolves around the rich and their needs and to screw everyone else. They showed that in their last primary.
If there were no jobs for these roaches, they wouldn't be here, period.
If only the American citizen would be brave enough to refuse to do business with companies that hire illegals. But judging by my fellow LI'ers, who can't even mow their own lawn and rake their leaves, there aint much hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I've been getting to thinking as alot of areas on Long Island have taken a turn for the worse. It has become two "islands", one for the ultra-rich and the other for their servants, who are mostly illegals from Central America.
You can see that in Nassau county pretty clearly. Syosset and Plainview used to be more blue collar middle class, but rich ppl started moving in knocking down the affordable ranches and building McMansions, driving up prices and taxes. In nearby Hicksville and Westbury it used to be middle class as well, but these same rich ppl bought up houses and turned them into illegal apartments for their servants (illegal aliens). There can be 20 men and up in these flophouses.
So, it's not actually the illegals to blame but the rich people that hire them. The rich bring them in because they want to get as close to "slavery" as possible, instead of hiring citizens and having to pay taxes and health insurance.
The only way to really fix this problem is to enforce the law. Lock up ppl who hire illegals, deport the ones that dont leave on their own, and deny them any government assistance. Unfortunately none of the Presidential candidates pledge to enforce immigration laws. I do feel it has gotten much worse under George W. Bush and the Republicans. The Republicans always want to create larger and larger tax loopholes for the rich, as well as making it easy for them to get cheap labor (illegals).
I do feel the rich need to start paying their fare share while the rest of us get a break. It's why I'm voting for Obama.
It's too bad, the outcome would have been much different if Mitt Romney (or even better, Ron Paul) was running on the Republican ticket, but instead they picked John "Amnesty" McCain, one of the biggest supporters of illegal aliens in the Senate!
It seems to the Republicans, the nation revolves around the rich and their needs and to screw everyone else. They showed that in their last primary.
If only the American citizen would be brave enough to refuse to do business with companies that hire illegals. But judging by my fellow LI'ers, who can't even mow their own lawn and rake their leaves, there aint much hope.
Well it will continue under Obama as well. The democrats need the illegals for the votes. Why do you think ACORN is busy registering these folks by the thousands. The rich come in both republican and democrat if you havent gotten to "thinkin" about that yet.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 PM

I guess we're going to need a SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
Quote:
We have been needing that for some time now. Nothing new at all!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 PM

956 posts, read 3,001,462 times
Quote:
That is, if we can get Boobius Americanus to turn off television and take off his blinders before it's too late.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
That is, if we can get Boobius Americanus to turn off television and take off his blinders before it's too late.
I know, I wouldn't be too hopeful. People cant even be "bothered" to do their own lawns!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM

74 posts, read 124,971 times
Quote:
Obama is not going to change anything Im sure of that, at least in the illegal immigration issue, everywhere else he will make it worse.

But forget the 08 election for a second, What youre saying is what everyone here who is anti-illegal immigration would say.
1.Punish businesses and individuals who hire illegal immigrants
2.Cut their free services and stop giving them free money and homes.
3.Deport the ones who do not leave on their own
4.Change the constitution to get rid of anchor babies.

You can't completely blame the problem on the rich, actually in my view it is only a very small part of the blame that should go to them.
Many of the illegal immigrants come here because of the prosperous drug trafficking business, many are recruited by gangs and come accross the border to join gangs that are already in place here. Alot of them come just because of all the free stuff we give them, not because people will hire them.

[SIZE=2]"* You cannot help the poor, by destroying the rich.

* You cannot strengthen the weak, by weakening the strong.

* You cannot bring about prosperity, by discouraging thrift.

* You cannot help men permanently, by doing for them what they could and should, do for themselves.
[/SIZE]" (Abraham Lincoln)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration