U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

Another story about our checkpoints working TOO good..........BOO...HOOO!!!


REGION: "Activists call checkpoints unfair"
Oceanside police, other agencies say checkpoints a useful tool
By EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer | Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:59 PM PDT



OCEANSIDE ---- Civil and immigrant rights advocates on Wednesday decried the increased use of law enforcement checkpoints around the county. Also on Wednesday, Oceanside police blocked a major artery into one of the city's predominantly Latino neighborhoods in an attempt to catch unlicensed drivers.

Members of the American Civil Liberties Union of San Diego and Imperial Counties and other activists said at a news conference in San Diego that the heavy use of these checkpoints by local police and U.S. Border Patrol agents was creating a "checkpoint society."

They said the checkpoints were eroding people's constitutional rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.

"The power to set up checkpoints to detain people, search them and interfere with their right of movement should not be just another tool in the police officer's tool belt," said Kevin Keenan, executive director of the local ACLU. "They should be carefully chosen and rarely used mechanisms because they interfere with the fundamental concept of American freedom
read more...

REGION: Activists call checkpoints unfair : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/22/news/sandiego/za6aabf3b7b59c2ae882574ea007ad064.txt - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,003 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Reputation: 30387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Another story about our checkpoints working TOO good..........BOO...HOOO!!!


REGION: "Activists call checkpoints unfair"
Oceanside police, other agencies say checkpoints a useful tool
By EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer | Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:59 PM PDT



OCEANSIDE ---- Civil and immigrant rights advocates on Wednesday decried the increased use of law enforcement checkpoints around the county. Also on Wednesday, Oceanside police blocked a major artery into one of the city's predominantly Latino neighborhoods in an attempt to catch unlicensed drivers.

Members of the American Civil Liberties Union of San Diego and Imperial Counties and other activists said at a news conference in San Diego that the heavy use of these checkpoints by local police and U.S. Border Patrol agents was creating a "checkpoint society."

They said the checkpoints were eroding people's constitutional rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.

"The power to set up checkpoints to detain people, search them and interfere with their right of movement should not be just another tool in the police officer's tool belt," said Kevin Keenan, executive director of the local ACLU. "They should be carefully chosen and rarely used mechanisms because they interfere with the fundamental concept of American freedom
read more...

REGION: Activists call checkpoints unfair : North County Times - Californian (http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/10/22/news/sandiego/za6aabf3b7b59c2ae882574ea007ad064.txt - broken link)
Nevermind the ACLU, they have outlived their uselfulness like Al Sharpton and fight for the stupidest stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
11,456 posts, read 8,133,032 times
Reputation: 5674
Quote:
They said the checkpoints were eroding people's constitutional rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.

I want the ACLU to tell me why the preservation of our country is bieng "unreasonable"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I want the ACLU to tell me why the preservation of our country is bieng "unreasonable"
That's their way of whinning to get more media attention. I keep tellin'em'... If your Illegals weren't here, this wouldn't be happpening.
I don't think they realize how ignorant and immature they sound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Typical of the ACLU defenders of society's very worst. They also feel it to be unfair to restrict pedophiles from meeting with children and swapping photo's.
Its no surprise that every ACLU lawyer I have ever seen looks like a total ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Nevermind the ACLU, they have outlived their uselfulness like Al Sharpton and fight for the stupidest stuff.
Coming from a Black man------------that is a damning indictment of the ACLU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 05:47 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Then why even issue driver's licenses or have people get smog and registration? Just make it a damn free for all and every driver for themselves. We don't need police then either do we? Let's just roll it right to 3rd world status tomorrow.

Car insurance? What's that? Hell I'll save thousands a year without that. I should be allowed to carry all my guns locked and loaded in the front seat too. I'll make my own damn laws.

We have a two tiered system going on here, one for Illegal Aliens and criminals and one for law abiding Americans. I want to PUKE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
 
1,435 posts, read 3,506,315 times
Reputation: 524
Like most extremely leftwing radical liberals, if it were up to the ACLU we would have complete open borders between the U.S and Mexico because they believe in the concept of a one world nation. The ACLU is no different from the National Council Of La Raza when it comes to their extremely soft stance on illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
 
347 posts, read 839,728 times
Reputation: 236
if you are speeding and get in an accident, it is your fault because the assumption is made that if you werent speeding, you would not have been there at that time. Can we apply that to illegals? If you commit a crime against one, are you innocent because if they werent here illegally you wouldnt have been able to commit it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,003 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Reputation: 30387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Coming from a Black man------------that is a damning indictment of the ACLU.
Their name needs to be Latin America Uncivil Anti-Liberty Union. LAUALU dont sound as sexy but it is more accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top