U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:50 PM

13,723 posts, read 25,295,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Both parties are just servants to their corporate masters, and the corps can't keep exploiting their illegal workforce if they all become legal.
And this is why they keep coming.

They'll quit when there are no more jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 04:03 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Both parties have been pretending all along - I'm surprised if someone didn't see this. Both parties are just servants to their corporate masters, and the corps can't keep exploiting their illegal workforce if they all become legal. Common sense must really be really uncommon these days!

I feel sorry for the Latinos and/or illegal aliens who gobbled up the dems' promises about citizenship. Fact is, our nation is deflating fast economically, so the taxpayers can't be pinched for everything - corporate welfare, illegal welfare, and true, legit welfare. The money tree done got plucked - buh bye to all the interlopers!
I dont feel sorry for any of the illegals who hoped that the dems would reward them for their illegal border crossing... They deserve the let down. Thats what you get for cheating.Next time play by the rules.
As for Pelosi. She will find a way to complete her liberal agenda. If Obama wins its a slam dunk. If McCain wins she will find a way to screw america yet again.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:59 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Yea I saw that 1,000,000 Americans left CA which is shocking considering how much it is still growing to me.
Yep, I'm one of them....

Old 10-24-2008, 11:19 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
I wonder if Pelosi's new stance has something to do with the billions of dollars California says it must be given -- something like a $7 billion bailout requested for that state.

At some point as the illegals outnumber taxpaying Americans, push comes to shove. There is a breaking point.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
And this is why they keep coming.

They'll quit when there are no more jobs.
Wrong! The jobs will allways be there. Somebody will have to pick the oranges in Florida or California.

If immigrants stop comming, get ready to go do it yourself for 25 cents a bucket...

Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmujicam View Post
Wrong! The jobs will allways be there. Somebody will have to pick the oranges in Florida or California.

If immigrants stop comming, get ready to go do it yourself for 25 cents a bucket...
Won't happen.

Less than 3% of those coming to this country illegally work picking produce or in some other facet of field work.

There are plenty of legal migrant farm workers to ensure that produce doesn't rot in the fields and even they may not have jobs for long at the rate that most farm work is becoming mechanized.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Won't happen.

Less than 3% of those coming to this country illegally work picking produce or in some other facet of field work.

There are plenty of legal migrant farm workers to ensure that produce doesn't rot in the fields and even they may not have jobs for long at the rate that most farm work is becoming mechanized.
Exactly............as we speak.. every type of farm work imaginable has some type equipment replacing manual labor......including but not limited to..Fruit picking, sorting, cleaning and bagging equipment.

I've worked for "John Deere"

Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmujicam View Post

Very few illegals are here picking fruit or working on farms. For one there are fewer than 2 million total jobs in agriculture. That includes fisheries, park ranger and other jobs. Only about 25% of farm workers are illegal aliens. It's a stereotype of course but of the over 30 million illegals here, at the most only 500,000 are here picking fruit or vegetables.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM

5,771 posts, read 6,967,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i love think speak 1984 language. illegal immigrants are now immigrants no longer law breakers.
those that opposed are not immigrant friendly.
I just read that book haha

Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 PM

3,375 posts, read 7,045,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Won't happen.

Do you realize that even if they didn't give jobs to illegal immigrants they still will stay in this country. The majority of illegal immigrants stay with their relatives that are legal citizens or have green cards; they can live off their relatives if they want. Think about it, The head people know that their are 12 million illegal immigrants in this country, so the question is why they're still in this country? I'm going to let you figure that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration