Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 PM

136 posts, read 291,699 times

Advertisements

Is the anchor baby growth rate going to increase drastically due to our bad economy?

The way I see it is that even though most illegals will find it more difficult to obtain work in manual labor, the female illegals may find it most difficult for them to get by. As a result, they may start cranking out more and more anchor babies in order to further leech off of the welfare system.

On the other hand, the male illegals, whose spouses aren't in the US, may be more likely to self-deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
Is the anchor baby growth rate going to increase drastically due to our bad economy?

The way I see it is that even though most illegals will find it more difficult to obtain work in manual labor, the female illegals may find it most difficult for them to get by. As a result, they may start cranking out more and more anchor babies in order to further leech off of the welfare system.

On the other hand, the male illegals, whose spouses aren't in the US, may be more likely to self-deport.
Suffice to say: I hope to God that the Anchor Baby loophole is eliminated soon.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:15 PM

136 posts, read 291,699 times
I also hope for it as well but considering the strong moronic influences of the ACLU, SPLC, La Raza, MEChA, etc. I think that chances are quite slim.

We may see a decrease in the grown male illegal immigrant population but I truly fear that we may see a HUGE increase in the anchor baby population because of the economic crisis. Illegal females may start cranking out anchor babies like never before in order to get by.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:17 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times
At the state and fed level something drastic will have to be done. Border states are bleeding. I can do without cheap tomato's.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:23 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,097,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Suffice to say: I hope to God that the Anchor Baby loophole is eliminated soon.
I agree. It is a open invitation for illegal immigrants to abuse the system for personal gain at the expense of American citizens.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
Quote:

Yes, I think it's going to skyrocket because the peso is doing poorly against the dollar, maquilas are laying off. Plus crime in Mexico at least in some parts of Mexico is skyrocketing and they are moving over in very large numbers.

As they leave, they shut down any stores or businesses they had over there, putting more of their fellow countrymen out of work and so they too pack up and head on over.

Jobs might be getting scarce here but who needs to work when simply giving birth gets them more than they could have dreamed of back home in the form of food stamps, WIC, free housing, and free health care.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 41,998,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, I think it's going to skyrocket because the peso is doing poorly against the dollar, maquilas are laying off. Plus crime in Mexico at least in some parts of Mexico is skyrocketing and they are moving over in very large numbers.

As they leave, they shut down any stores or businesses they had over there, putting more of their fellow countrymen out of work and so they too pack up and head on over.

Jobs might be getting scarce here but who needs to work when simply giving birth gets them more than they could have dreamed of back home in the form of food stamps, WIC, free housing, and free health care.
Here in Arizona the illegals are definitely thinner on the ground compared to a year ago-----------and, the ones that are left here in Maricopa County are 'laying low' due to Sheriff Joe

Old 10-25-2008, 12:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,442,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Here in Arizona the illegals are definitely thinner on the ground compared to a year ago-----------and, the ones that are left here in Maricopa County are 'laying low' due to Sheriff Joe
In areas where the immigration laws are enforced, you'll see fewer -- they will pack up and head over to the "sanctuary" areas and settle in.

I think many more are onto what an anchor baby can get them -- the food stamps, WIC and so on and there will be many using that route to circumvent the immigration laws.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:42 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,370,245 times
Quote:

Guess what? The loss of jobs equals the loss of taxpayers. Limited to no tax dollars equals more scrutiny and less financial resources to provide "free" healthcare, education, welfare, food stamps, etc. for those in this country illegally, no matter how many anchors they have.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,348,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
In areas where the immigration laws are enforced, you'll see fewer -- they will pack up and head over to the "sanctuary" areas and settle in.

I think many more are onto what an anchor baby can get them -- the food stamps, WIC and so on and there will be many using that route to circumvent the immigration laws.
I wonder how many Illegal families have use the same brat to qualify with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration