U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:28 AM

354 posts, read 762,606 times

Advertisements

We do help out by keeping our home prices and cost of living high. Have you seen the gas prices in Southern California? It's at $2.55 in Orange County and over $2.60 in L.A.

It's nearly mandatory to have a high paying job and an education, and if an illegal immigrant wants to survive here, he's got to find a productive way to contribute and keep his family afloat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 AM

11,425 posts, read 16,685,015 times
I wouldn't get upset over someone like that, the guys probably saying it to get a reaction just like these.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:30 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,960,174 times
I agree that killing them is not a good idea but getting a list of every immigrant that is here illegaly and go to their homes and take them by the truckload to the border and make them march back to their country and until every last one is gone and then we close the border and still keep armed guards at the border.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 AM

157 posts, read 277,159 times
Cool Logic

He is mad and wanting something done. Killing them is not the solution but making them leave is. The nice people will see it his way when they have illegals for neighbors. When they move in nice neighborhoods it is ruined. I imagine he is wanting to shock people into reality. This is just one man but there is thousands like him. Some are at their wits end. Some leaving their homes after 20 years or more. He must live pretty close to them to write this. I feel sorry for him and his family. I hope someone comes up with a solution. One lady put on a forum said, to put a thousand dollar bounty on illegals, said that would boost the economy. So, this guy isn't the only one. He is voicing his opinion. People are mad and this isn't the last post like this you will see. Americans are mad and sick of the investation that is taking place.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 AM

23,039 posts, read 32,029,108 times
i'm anti-illegal but hunting and killing them is just wrong. BUT dropping dime to ICE and having them deported is fair game.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:11 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,177,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
And Highly over-ran by illegals. While the guy sounds over the top, even for me, he wants them to fear coming here more than they do. Maybe you civilized folks can help out.
Nothing but agreement to this...

Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
I live in Orange County and my family could "pass" for illegals, so OBVIOUSLY I want nothing to do with this "kook" (in fact, to ME it sounds like a hoax). I don't quite know if "The Hunter" plans to shoot folks on SIGHT, or after a brief oral interview. Ridiculous and silly...(Maybe he intends to find out if they "talk funny", or if they can "speak American")...

But I will make ONE observation amidst the nonsense, and it's THIS....Misguided "wackos", fringe characters, and "wing-nuts" come out from under their 'rocks' and into the daylight, when the "NORMAL" people, whom we rely on to carry out their duties, ABDICATE those duties. The tremendous rise in anti-Hispanic prejudice among the angry and the 'hate-mongers' has NOT occurred in a total vacuum...it's ocurred at a time when TEN PERCENT of Mexico is HERE...and Millions of OTHERS as well, to the point that there is a fair chance that any "hispanic", picked at random, walking down the street, MAY WELL BE ILLEGAL, for no other reason than simple mathmatics.
It's a terrible problem, which impacts anyone "looking" remotely Hispanic, as well as the rest of us. And MUCH of the responsibility falls at the feet of the "authorities", those people whose JOB, and whose SWORN DUTY it is, to secure our border from 'trespassers", and the result is, that millions of illegal Hispanics ARE now here, giving an "open invitation" to the racists to lash out. When those in positions of authority fail, or REFUSE, to do their duties, the "little people" (all of us) fall into squabbling, bickering, and silly 'blame games'.

We should be MAD at the racists, for sure....but let's ALSO take a moment to think about those in authority whose failure to do their JOB has given these racists a certain amount of credibility in their angry 'charges"...

Old 03-12-2008, 10:32 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,662,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I live in Orange County and my family could "pass" for illegals, so OBVIOUSLY I want nothing to do with this "kook" (in fact, to ME it sounds like a hoax). I don't quite know if "The Hunter" plans to shoot folks on SIGHT, or after a brief oral interview. Ridiculous and silly...(Maybe he intends to find out if they "talk funny", or if they can "speak American")...

But I will make ONE observation amidst the nonsense, and it's THIS....Misguided "wackos", fringe characters, and "wing-nuts" come out from under their 'rocks' and into the daylight, when the "NORMAL" people, whom we rely on to carry out their duties, ABDICATE those duties. The tremendous rise in anti-Hispanic prejudice among the angry and the 'hate-mongers' has NOT occurred in a total vacuum...it's ocurred at a time when TEN PERCENT of Mexico is HERE...and Millions of OTHERS as well, to the point that there is a fair chance that any "hispanic", picked at random, walking down the street, MAY WELL BE ILLEGAL, for no other reason than simple mathmatics.
It's a terrible problem, which impacts anyone "looking" remotely Hispanic, as well as the rest of us. And MUCH of the responsibility falls at the feet of the "authorities", those people whose JOB, and whose SWORN DUTY it is, to secure our border from 'trespassers", and the result is, that millions of illegal Hispanics ARE now here, giving an "open invitation" to the racists to lash out. When those in positions of authority fail, or REFUSE, to do their duties, the "little people" (all of us) fall into squabbling, bickering, and silly 'blame games'.

We should be MAD at the racists, for sure....but let's ALSO take a moment to think about those in authority whose failure to do their JOB has given these racists a certain amount of credibility in their angry 'charges"...
Awesome post. Great incite.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:35 AM

13,069 posts, read 21,200,893 times
Someone has been resurrecting old threads of no true value - did you all notice the dates on the first several posts? Did the "high" cost of gas listed at $2.55 not tip anyone off? We're close to $4.00 here in LA fwiw -

Old 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Awesome post. Great incite.
I HOPE this is a spelling error, and not a 'jab".....and that you MEANT to say "insight" and not "incite"...... (certainly not trying to INCITE any trouble...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or