U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 AM

2,662 posts, read 5,135,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Side note: Phx Ofr Figueroa was also 'Hispanic' judging by his surname.
And from a family dedicated to public service. Sad story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
And from a family dedicated to public service. Sad story.
Correct: his father was also a Phx PD officer and I believe the deceased's father in law was/is a Mesa cop as well.

Again: RIP and there will be justice served.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:23 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Correct: his father was also a Phx PD officer and I believe the deceased's father in law was/is a Mesa cop as well.

Again: RIP and there will be justice served.
Sadly, Bear . . . justice is an over played term in situations such as this. No justice in the world will restore life to Officer Figueroa and return him to his family.

PREVENTION with a better Border Policy and stricter employer sanctions as well as a justice system willing to severely punish those common criminals would have been a far better approach.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM

11,456 posts, read 8,133,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I could not agree more, ELOrocks!

Unfortunately, due to their elected position, both the scumbag Mayor and the Governor are immune. The same applies to that scumbag mayor in San Francisco.

! ! ! !
I wonder how long it will be before the ACLU comes a' callin?

Old 10-29-2008, 12:37 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
This is discusting... sad day for this family.
His liitle girl will grow up not ever knowing her daddy thanks
to the illegal paracite.

mexicans have this cultural thing about drinking, maybe they
should try other ways to feel macho.
well im sure this cop and his family were mexican anchor babies. who loved to toss back a few...

2 birds with one stone if you ask me.

now for my real response...

this is tragic. very tragic.
anytime someone is killed by a drunk driver it is a travesty. but its not made worse by the fact that this person was an illegal.

what makes its worse is that we dotn have a system that uses biometric, immutable characteristics, to track repeat offenders. names change. finger prints and retinas dont. why was this guy on the street?
thats the tragedy.

he deserves life in prison.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
well im sure this cop and his family were mexican anchor babies. who loved to toss back a few...

2 birds with one stone if you ask me.

now for my real response...

this is tragic. very tragic.
anytime someone is killed by a drunk driver it is a travesty. but its not made worse by the fact that this person was an illegal.

what makes its worse is that we dotn have a system that uses biometric, immutable characteristics, to track repeat offenders. names change. finger prints and retinas dont. why was this guy on the street?
thats the tragedy.

he deserves life in prison.
Quote:
It is worse! Because if the Illegal wasn't here the Officer would still be alive! You already know this, your trying to justfy the Illegal! He's been arrested on DUI's 3times, released, re-enter the US Illegally 3 times yet you thing he should be excused!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It is worse! Because if the Illegal wasn't here the Officer would still be alive! You already know this, your trying to justfy the Illegal! He's been arrested on DUI's 3times, released, re-enter the US Illegally 3 times yet you thing he should be excused!!!!!!
it is not worse. the fact is that has this DRIVER, not been drunk, the accident would not have happened. had this DRIVER been jailed this would not have happened.
the fact that he was out and about is a tragedy. i do not excuse his behavior one bit. he will be held accountable, FINALLY. but why not sooner? why dont we have a system that tracks these people? or lock them up after their initial rentry.

ive brought that up before on this forum. what is stopping law enforcement from using prints and other bio metric characteristics to track these repeat offenders. its not that hard. shoot, i would not have a problem chipping them either.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
it is not worse. the fact is that has this DRIVER, not been drunk, the accident would not have happened. had this DRIVER been jailed this would not have happened.
the fact that he was out and about is a tragedy. i do not excuse his behavior one bit. he will be held accountable, FINALLY. but why not sooner? why dont we have a system that tracks these people? or lock them up after their initial rentry.

ive brought that up before on this forum. what is stopping law enforcement from using prints and other bio metric characteristics to track these repeat offenders. its not that hard. shoot, i would not have a problem chipping them either.
All....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or