U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM

136 posts, read 256,821 times

Advertisements

Officer's Church Family Grieves - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Quote:
Outside Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon's house, a small group of protesters gathered Sunday holding signs.

They marched along the sidewalk accusing the mayor of protecting illegal immigrants.

The mayor's spokesperson told CBS 5 News the federal government and the illegal immigrant are to blame for the officer's death, not the mayor.

"While the mayor and the chief of police and the head of the police union are at the hospital with the family, these guys are out there trying to figure out they can make political hay with a dead police officer," said Scott Phelps, the mayor's spokesman. "How can they turn to that to their political advantage?"

The protesters said they were not with any particular group.
What a travesty.

I hope that those protesters put plenty of pressure on the federal and state governments to crack down on illegal immigration. Citizens after citizens die at the expense of illegal immigrants and yet little is done.

My thoughts are with the victim's family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
And then with the demonstration outside the Mayors office for pandering to Illegals, they say,,blame the Feds not the Mayor.
Right shove the blame onto someone else.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
I love how this is news. Having spent the last 10 years in various trauma facilities, I can tell you that this has been going on for a long time and is not uncommon at all. The crime, mayhem, and violence involved with these people is amazing. Not to mention the cost to society.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
What a travesty.

I hope that those protesters put plenty of pressure on the federal and state governments to crack down on illegal immigration. Citizens after citizens die at the expense of illegal immigrants and yet little is done.

My thoughts are with the victim's family.
Travesty is absolutely correct, mdonaldson!

The Mayor of Phoenix, Phil Gordon, is just another Two Faced Pandering Politician with an agenda as big as The Grand Canyon who is directly responsible and should be held accountable for this needless death.

I sincerely hope Mayor Gordon goes to his grave with the blood of this officer on his hands!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:18 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
I think we can thank Janet Napalitano along with Gordon, her close friend.

While we are at it, we can thank the Bush administration along with Clinton too. They are all guilty.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I love how this is news. Having spent the last 10 years in various trauma facilities, I can tell you that this has been going on for a long time and is not uncommon at all. The crime, mayhem, and violence involved with these people is amazing. Not to mention the cost to society.
Wonder where the media are hiding? Oh yeah, they are following Obama around like a bunch of usefull stooges.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 AM

11,457 posts, read 8,129,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Travesty is absolutely correct, mdonaldson!

The Mayor of Phoenix, Phil Gordon, is just another Two Faced Pandering Politician with an agenda as big as The Grand Canyon who is directly responsible and should be held accountable for this needless death.

I sincerely hope Mayor Gordon goes to his grave with the blood of this officer on his hands!

Sherrif Joe should go down there and arrest the mayor as an accessory to murder.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sherrif Joe should go down there and arrest the mayor as an accessory to murder.
I could not agree more, ELOrocks!

Unfortunately, due to their elected position, both the scumbag Mayor and the Governor are immune. The same applies to that scumbag mayor in San Francisco.

! ! ! !

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,920,693 times
This is discusting... sad day for this family.
His liitle girl will grow up not ever knowing her daddy thanks
to the illegal paracite.

mexicans have this cultural thing about drinking, maybe they
should try other ways to feel macho.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:51 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
This is discusting... sad day for this family.
His liitle girl will grow up not ever knowing her daddy thanks
to the illegal paracite.

mexicans have this cultural thing about drinking, maybe they
should try other ways to feel macho.
Side note: Phx Ofr Figueroa was also 'Hispanic' judging by his surname.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or