Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Those are all great points.

In reality they are not a race of hard workers, some might work hard because they're desperate, have no choice. But Mexicans as a race do not have a great work ethic or Mexico would not look like it does. Many turn to easy drug trafficking money over money for hard work.

There's no evidence that when legal, that Mexicans call in sick less or try to work the system less than any group or put in more hours of their own time.
What an incredibly bigoted statement!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
What an incredibly bigoted statement!!!!!
Looking at Mexico; their culture does leave a lot to be desired-------the lack of respect for the rule of law (in all levels of society) is a big failing.

Money tends to follow money---------if I were an investor, all other factors being equal I would invest my money in a First World country first for the above reason, if nothing else.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Those are all great points.

In reality they are not a race of hard workers, some might work hard because they're desperate, have no choice. But Mexicans as a race do not have a great work ethic or Mexico would not look like it does. Many turn to easy drug trafficking money over money for hard work.

There's no evidence that when legal, that Mexicans call in sick less or try to work the system less than any group or put in more hours of their own time.
Anyone want to tell me when European, Amerindian and African became one race?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Anyone want to tell me when European, Amerindian and African became one race?
To hear the MEChA people tell it: 'brown' Latinos are already a 'race'

Old 03-13-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
To hear the MEChA people tell it: 'brown' Latinos are already a 'race'
Now are MEChA the national spokesman for all Latinos?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Now are MEChA the national spokesman for all Latinos?
They (MEChA) think they are.........unless said Hispanics are either too 'White' or too 'Indian'.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
They (MEChA) think they are.........unless said Hispanics are either too 'White' or too 'Indian'.
Student Organization = What do you expect.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:27 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Stereotypical statements like "they're not hard working" are completely ridiculous and seemingly most people are aware of it in 2007. But there are still people who make these blanket statements about different groups of people and it does nothing other than causes them appear uneducated and backwards. It just IS NOT accurate to make such statements. period.
It's a moot point whether illegals are 'hard working" or not. They are here ILLEGALLY !!!!! What part of that is hard to understand. They have no legal right to be here or to work, hard or otherwise.

It is not wrong, mean, racist, xenophobic, or anything else besides common sensical to insist that we secure our borders and control who we allow to live and work in our country. American citizens get to decide who comes here.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 PM

23 posts, read 92,859 times
Hard working, what a joke.

I worked at a poultry plant some years back and at the time a vote was cast weather to go union or not. Not liking the outcome of the vote, alot of people quit and mexicans were brought in to replace them.

Most of them you would only see once because they were to lazy or thought they were to good for the job. They would quit, more would be brought in and it countinued on and on.

There was a mexican woman who was fluent in English and she was given the job of line leader because she was able to translate for the others. She was given a leadership role, a raise, while those who had been there longer and had better job skills, were bypassed.

The only thing any of them were good at was complaining and harassing the women.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,080 times
Angry gee!!!~!!

they probably work harder than most of you..
because of fear they leave everything behind to come and recive the minimum wage....they try to learn a second language..oh yeah did i mention that some illegals do pay their taxes maybe beacause they want citizenship..yeah maybe..ha n about the "college student" well gee i have some words for u my parents are immigrants they have a a middle school education but wait here i am the latina chick in highschool im working!! yea to keep my grades up because i have a scholarship n i have to pay to stay in a private school...oh wait m,aybe im still a freshmen...but hey i dont work hard right??MOST MEXICANS DONT SIT AROUND A DESK ALL DAY ON THEIR FANCY COMPUTERS!!while many are in contruction maybe breaking their backs..my uncle fell ona nail tore his foot up but i still see him working....but wait he is lazy right???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration