U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:40 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,858,230 times
Reputation: 330

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
1. Excuse me, but you should be spending that 1 hour a week picking lettuce.

2. I love the 'they work hard' apologists. They must think everybody else doesn't? As far as I am concerned, actually having to use your brain and make critical decisions is harder work than picking fruit.

3. Certainly at least as hard.To those who say, "Could YOU pick lettuce for 8 hours a day?", I say could your illegal alien function as an air traffic controller 8 hours a day? Or a policeman? Or an orthopedic surgeon?

4. I have grown tired of seeing some poor woman in the grocery store who has probably worked all day and just picked up the 2 kids from daycare pay for her food and diapers for the kids while all an illegal has to do is hand over the WIC card and they get everything for free.
1.What does an individual who believes illegal immigrants are hard workers have to do with them going to pick lettuce? Maybe, you should pick the lettuce, and see how hard they work.

2.No one on here said Americans do not work hard. Mental and Physical Work both make contributions to this nation.

3.Most illegal immigrants are some of the poorest and most uneducated of Mexico. They haven't received a proper education to do those fields, neither are they legal or know the language.

4.Illegals work very hard, they only make minimum wage. How can you still be disgusted they receive benefits?! They make such low wages, why don't you leave them alone, they are trying to survive as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Yes they work hard!!!! They work hard at milking the system and learning how to get away with things most of us can't nor want to. Like breaking the laws. Yup, they work really, really hard!!!!!
I really do not think they work to hard at that, comes very easy for them!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,858,230 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post

1. Coming to the country illegally!!! Using stolen SS# for work purposes!!!

What service to the US? Besides so much fraud!! And DO NOT SAY JOBS WE WONT DO, we have already established that as false.
1. First one is a given, that's why they're called illegal immigrants, the second one is a duh?! Of course they're using fake SS numbers, they crossed the border to work.

2. They work hard in many fields and help the United States tremendously. I never said the second sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1.What does an individual who believes illegal immigrants are hard workers have to do with them going to pick lettuce? Maybe, you should pick the lettuce, and see how hard they work.

2.No one on here said Americans do not work hard. Mental and Physical Work both make contributions to this nation.

3.Most illegal immigrants are some of the poorest and most uneducated of Mexico. They haven't received a proper education to do those fields, neither are they legal or know the language.

4.Illegals work very hard, they only make minimum wage. How can you still be disgusted they receive benefits?! They make such low wages, why don't you leave them alone, they are trying to survive as well.


1. I have farmed lettuce, and corn and potaotes, I know hard work

2. Yes they have

3. Those are not our issues, they need to fix their own country

4. Again, no one is forcing them too, and they have no rights to the services us citizens have set up and paid for. Alot of us are trying to survive in our OWN country as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1. First one is a given, that's why they're called illegal immigrants, the second one is a duh?! Of course they're using fake SS numbers, they crossed the border to work.

2. They work hard in many fields and help the United States tremendously. I never said the second sentence.
sorry in many other posts you have said they do the work we wont.

You asked what laws they break that we dont, well there are two. What laws havent they broke? We have enough of our own criminals we need to deal with, do we really need to add to it. Personally I think Japan is on too something!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,858,230 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
1. I have farmed lettuce, and corn and potaotes, I know hard work

2. Yes they have

3. Those are not our issues, they need to fix their own country

4. Again, no one is forcing them too, and they have no rights to the services us citizens have set up and paid for. Alot of us are trying to survive in our OWN country as well.
1.LOL. Some of them pick it all day, isn't that hard work?!

2.DK the issue

3.Only their government can fix their nation, the people can only swear people in they believe can help.

4.Why do you care so much?! Let them go, they are poor and have little money. Poor Americans not receiving benefits has not nothing to do with illegal immigrants being able to receive benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
 
1,735 posts, read 4,145,670 times
Reputation: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
What laws have illegal immigrants broken that Americans haven't?
Why do keep spouting this same argument?
Are you saying that it’s ok for illegals to break laws as long as Americans break them too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1.LOL. Some of them pick it all day, isn't that hard work?!

2.DK the issue

3.Only their government can fix their nation, the people can only swear people in they believe can help.

4.Why do you care so much?! Let them go, they are poor and have little money. Poor Americans not receiving benefits has not nothing to do with illegal immigrants being able to receive benefits.
I picked all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is DK the issue?

Yes and they cannot elect if they are all here!!!!!

I have kids, and we have lost alot, someday you will too, my kids deserve their education that my parents and theres paid for, not this losing programs and over populated classes. they deserve not to have to worry about jobs one day. It all starts somewhere, first there were none ,now millions, at what point do we lose everything. They are shutting down hospitals and draining our healthcare and we pay for it. WHY SHOULD WE? I care because MY FAMILY came here starving and desperate and were treated horribly and were given NOTHING and worked 14-16 hours a day to pay for the little food and housing (if they were lucky) they did it the legal way>>> Today they have no excuse, they expereince nothing that our families went through. I have yet to see one starving or actually very poor, they just want more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,717,892 times
Reputation: 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Why do keep spouting this same argument?
Are you saying that it’s ok for illegals to break laws as long as Americans break them too?
It is all poor them poor people. Give me a break!!! He really needs to do some research on what brought the immigrants like the Irish , the slaves the natives and people during hitlers reign over here to see true suffering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2007, 10:22 AM
 
1,104 posts, read 3,062,702 times
Reputation: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I picked all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is DK the issue?

Yes and they cannot elect if they are all here!!!!!

I have kids, and we have lost alot, someday you will too, my kids deserve their education that my parents and theres paid for, not this losing programs and over populated classes. they deserve not to have to worry about jobs one day. It all starts somewhere, first there were none ,now millions, at what point do we lose everything. They are shutting down hospitals and draining our healthcare and we pay for it. WHY SHOULD WE? I care because MY FAMILY came here starving and desperate and were treated horribly and were given NOTHING and worked 14-16 hours a day to pay for the little food and housing (if they were lucky) they did it the legal way>>> Today they have no excuse, they expereince nothing that our families went through. I have yet to see one starving or actually very poor, they just want more.
I wish I could give you more reps, Nea1, but already gave you some for an earlier post. Very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top