U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Even if it was not under US control at the time, he was still born on a US Military station born to 2 US Citizens. Making him a Natural born citizen of the US.
In all fairness: even if McCain only had one US citizen parent..........he would still qualify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2008, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
Most of You People on here are not africans so You do not understand what goes on in an african family. I am african and My mom have many aunts living in VA that she has not spoken too for Years. Who are U gonna blame when the government founds out that she is here ilegally. MY MOM? HELL NO!!!

Many of Us africans are not close with our relatives.
Not your problem if you are a US citizen and/or here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 04:30 PM
 
Location: North carolina
432 posts, read 1,472,337 times
Reputation: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not your problem if you are a US citizen and/or here legally.

I do not understand Your Point. Please Explain!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2008, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by affi View Post
I do not understand Your Point. Please Explain!!!
If your parents and/or aunts, etc. are here illegally but you are a US citizen assuming you are age 18 or older; you cannot be deported. Too; I doubt ICE would come after you if indeed your relatives were told to leave the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
 
Location: Tea Party Headquaters
152 posts, read 180,873 times
Reputation: 81
Default It is time to write our Congressperson Again!

If the OP's link upset you, as much as it did me; then check out these below.
Links:

Obama's Aunt Could Have Been Arrested Around Election Time, But Wasn't | wowOwow (http://www.wowowow.com/post/obamas-aunt-could-have-been-arrested-around-election-time-wasnt-185523?promo=news - broken link)

Boston Top News Examiner: Immigration and Customs Enforcement told not to arrest Zeituni Onyango (http://www.examiner.com/x-2398-Boston-Top-News-Examiner~y2009m1d26-Obamas-aunt-Zeituni-Onyango-attended-inauguration-fighting-deportation - broken link)

In the Nation | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/27/2009 (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20090127_In_the_Nation.html - broken link)

The Associated Press: Obama's aunt has immigration hearing in April

The Associated Press: US says rule lifted limiting immigration arrests

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - President Obama?s aunt remains in US legally for now - Blogs from CNN.com
This time next year Auntie will be living in a mansion bought and paid for by TARP/Bailout.
It is time to write our Congressperson again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 12:11 PM
 
43 posts, read 45,948 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Just remember that Obama (if elected) will have to answer to his American Black constitutents (sp) as well-------------which may be at the expense of especially the illegal immigrants.
Obama never made a commitment towards immigration issues, the fact that the second largest ethnic group (after anglo-whites), the hispanics, gave him total support tells me that nothing is going to happen toward immigration reform, at least in the next eight years,,,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
 
Location: Over the Rainbow...
5,963 posts, read 10,496,834 times
Reputation: 3135
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Enterprise CV-6 View Post
If the OP's link upset you, as much as it did me; then check out these below.
Links:

Obama's Aunt Could Have Been Arrested Around Election Time, But Wasn't | wowOwow (http://www.wowowow.com/post/obamas-aunt-could-have-been-arrested-around-election-time-wasnt-185523?promo=news - broken link)

Boston Top News Examiner: Immigration and Customs Enforcement told not to arrest Zeituni Onyango (http://www.examiner.com/x-2398-Boston-Top-News-Examiner~y2009m1d26-Obamas-aunt-Zeituni-Onyango-attended-inauguration-fighting-deportation - broken link)

In the Nation | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/27/2009 (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world_us/20090127_In_the_Nation.html - broken link)

The Associated Press: Obama's aunt has immigration hearing in April

The Associated Press: US says rule lifted limiting immigration arrests

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - President Obama?s aunt remains in US legally for now - Blogs from CNN.com
This time next year Auntie will be living in a mansion bought and paid for by TARP/Bailout.
It is time to write our Congressperson again!
Excellent post...thanks for the links. This is truly disgusting and stinks of those applying the law where "they" want to. Wonder if Auntie will be living in a mansion built by ACORN that her nephew is giving 5.6 billion bailout $$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 PM
 
216 posts, read 450,844 times
Reputation: 75
Quote:
Obama never made a commitment towards immigration issues, the fact that the second largest ethnic group (after anglo-whites), the hispanics, gave him total support tells me that nothing is going to happen toward immigration reform, at least in the next eight years,,,
Obama is way too much of a "bleeding heart liberal" to ever aggressively crack down and deport millions of illegal Hispanic immgrants back to Mexico/Central America. Obama has a completely different political ideology from that of the Minutemen when it comes to how to deal with illegal immigrants living in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,181 posts, read 16,160,994 times
Reputation: 49735
I have an Aunt I haven't seen or heard from in 25 years.
Am I still resposible for her actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuita View Post
Obama never made a commitment towards immigration issues, the fact that the second largest ethnic group (after anglo-whites), the hispanics, gave him total support tells me that nothing is going to happen toward immigration reform, at least in the next eight years,,,
Irrelevant: the economy is crashing and remember; Obama also 'owes' the Black people (90% of them voted for the man), which does not bode well for illegal aliens as a group.

The DREAMies can dream on-----------till the ICE man get 'em.

Bottom line: attitudes are hardening against illegal aliens and their enablers.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top