U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd say, in order to get back to our American ways, strip all anchor babies of citizenship.
This is an excellent step. It has several end results.
1. Removes any possible loophole to receive a stay of deportation.
2. Removes the child as a tool for abusing our system.
3.It absolves the USA of any financial our legal responsibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd say, in oder to get back to our American ways, strip all anchor babies of citizenship.
I have some heartburn with that; but, if it does become necessary to disenfranchise said Anchors, JDubsMom suggested the cutoff would be age 11 on down and grandfather the 12-17 YO's in as US citizens---------which I would support. Obviously; no new Anchor Babies would receive birthright citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:37 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is an excellent step. It has several end results.
1. Removes any possible loophole to receive a stay of deportation.
2. Removes the child as a tool for abusing our system.
3.It absolves the USA of any financial our legal responsibilities.
Exactly my thoughts.
in addition,
Almost everything we do, will creat a domino effect on something else.

This is something PRO's and Enable can't see.

This would show how Illegal Immigration is connected to everything else. We can see that and that's why we're so hard set against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have some heartburn with that; but, if it does become necessary to disenfranchise said Anchors, JDubsMom suggested the cutoff would be age 11 on down and grandfather the 12-17 YO's in as US citizens---------which I would support. Obviously; no new Anchor Babies would receive birthright citizenship.
Well we have to start somewhere. I can live with arizona bears suggestion.

Mkfarnam:
Exactly my thoughts.
in addition,
Almost everything we do, will creat a domino effect on something else.

This is something PRO's and Enable can't see.
The pros could be standing in Illegal fecal matter and not admit that it stinks.
We will need to enact laws to punish any facilitators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have some heartburn with that; but, if it does become necessary to disenfranchise said Anchors, JDubsMom suggested the cutoff would be age 11 on down and grandfather the 12-17 YO's in as US citizens---------which I would support. Obviously; no new Anchor Babies would receive birthright citizenship.
Maybe with limitations and conditions. Starting at a low level earning higher merits as you age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Maybe with limitations and conditions. Starting at a low level earning higher merits as you age.
So we have a compromise? Grandfather the ones over 12 years of age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So we have a compromise? Grandfather the ones over 12 years of age?
That is what JDubs broached a while back..........and, I can support her idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is what JDubs broached a while back..........and, I can support her idea.
Good enough for the pitbull good enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So we have a compromise? Grandfather the ones over 12 years of age?
This would get too complicated. There's 22 years between "86" and now. There shouldn't be any anchor baby over the age of 22 right now. If we accepted one, we'd have to accept them all. I, myself don't want to do that.
I wouldn't want any anchor babies to have any perks or special rights.
I'm willing to comprimise IF some that won't give us possible problems in the future can is brought up.

Other than that......strip em' all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS BREAK!!

OKLAHOMA polls show
McCain...57%

Obama...33%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
This would get too complicated. There's 22 years between "86" and now. There shouldn't be any anchor baby over the age of 22 right now. If we accepted one, we'd have to accept them all. I, myself don't want to do that.
I wouldn't want any anchor babies to have any perks or special rights.
I'm willing to comprimise IF some that won't give us possible problems in the future can is brought up.

Other than that......strip em' all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS BREAK!!

OKLAHOMA polls show
McCain...57%

Obama...33%
To be honest I side with General Mkfarnam on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top