U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times

Advertisements

This will be a game where we discuss possible solutions to real problems. It will be fiction based on facts.
We will elect officers, and enforcers. We will vote on punishmenst for violators etc. Its a game but also a mental excercise. Lets try to keep it real. I have a feeling I will struggle the most.
Posters can post actual immigration news and the task force will respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 05:56 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Oh, I would like to play!

I suggest stringently and thoroughly investigating all businesses that have the propensity of hiring illegals, such as contractors/builders, packing houses and factories. I would tell these businesses that there will be unannounced raids during which their paperwork and computers will be confiscated to search for illegal employees. If any are found, the company will then pay a fine equall to the one year salary paid to that illegal(s). The money would go into a fund to support ICE and border patrol. Of course all illegals will then be deported to their home country. If they have minor american born children they will have the option of leaving their children in the US only if said children have legal relatives in the US, otherwise the children must go with the parents but will have the option of returning once they hit the age of 18 and only if they have a clean criminal record.

Hows that for a start?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:04 PM

Ok Camping is our attorney General. Camping will help us to not only indite but also determine a fitting punishment.
My role in this game will be moderator unless others wish me to fulfill a different mission.
So to begin with.
1. Fines and assets will be used to fund and expand upon ICE. I would suggest a 10 grand ine for each of the first 10 illegals. Double the fine for the next 10. triple the fine for the next 10 and so on.
2. Anchor babies will be deported with the parents unless legal relitives who are citizens wish to care for them at their own expense. Welfare is not elligible in this case.
3. We will have a special judge for ICE search warrents. High security no leaks. People who do leak will face 10 years in prison and $50 grand fine.
Great first start.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:53 PM

Alanboy is our head of ICE. He will have the task of organizing raids,deportations, and bringing charges against all immigration law violators. Welcome aboard Alanboy.. Your designation is Commander ICE.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:59 PM

23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Thank you, Tinman.

My first task is to have the total cooperation of local governments during ICE raids. ANY attempt on the part of the local government to interefere with an ICE raid will result in a $50 million fine.

My second task will be to coordinate raids of every fast food resturant and construction company in Northern Virginia. If ANY illegals are found they will be handcuffed along WITH the owner.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Thank you, Tinman.

My first task is to have the total cooperation of local governments during ICE raids. ANY attempt on the part of the local government to interefere with an ICE raid will result in a $50 million fine.

My second task will be to coordinate raids of every fast food resturant and construction company in Northern Virginia. If ANY illegals are found they will be handcuffed along WITH the owner.
We should also include any anti raid snitches for fines, land lords and people who knowingly offer sanctuary to said illegals.
Your suggestion is approved by me until we form a voting committee of members.
That is an excellent first step Commander. It sends a powerful message to other states as well as illegals, their employers and their facilitators. I would also suggest adding churches who grant sanctuary to your list.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
How about an "over sight" committee just to be safe?

Old 11-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
How about an "over sight" committee just to be safe?
Roger that I was just waiting for more folks to get involved. If you would like you can head the oversight committee.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ok Camping is our attorney General. Camping will help us to not only indite but also determine a fitting punishment.
My role in this game will be moderator unless others wish me to fulfill a different mission.
So to begin with.
1. Fines and assets will be used to fund and expand upon ICE. I would suggest a 10 grand ine for each of the first 10 illegals. Double the fine for the next 10. triple the fine for the next 10 and so on.
2. Anchor babies will be deported with the parents unless legal relitives who are citizens wish to care for them at their own expense. Welfare is not elligible in this case.
3. We will have a special judge for ICE search warrents. High security no leaks. People who do leak will face 10 years in prison and $50 grand fine.
Great first start.
I'd say, in oder to get back to our American ways, strip all anchor babies of citizenship.

Old 11-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Roger that I was just waiting for more folks to get involved. If you would like you can head the oversight committee.
As you said. we can hold off on that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or