U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:48 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,845,399 times

Advertisements

you don't give state by state results however and i am sure that states that have had to deal specifically with the consequences of illegal immigration costs have a markedly different result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 07:13 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,933,793 times
And it's only going to get worse.. unless we start to do some exporting
to mexico. They need to be tagged and deported... otherwise spanish
will be made the national language.. push TWO for ENGLISH!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,301,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
as mccain had pointed out, previously the people who supported stricter enforcement of anti-immigration laws were people who lost elections. i don't know if other factors were in play at the time, but certainly now things have changed and americans are starting to see the economic repercussions of illegal immigration to our standard of living. (frankly, the economy has not even started its massive decline and probably won't until after christmas since we are a consumer driven economy at this point in time). by the time every person sees the problem, the damage will have been done. why do you think that the border states are the ones complaining the most? it is because they are on the frontline of this spreading economic problem. wait until the mexican cantarell oil fields stop producing!
I says we're losers? Who do you think stopped the last 2 amnesty bills? One was attached to another bill.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,301,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know a nurse up in Michigan, they get many Mexican patients but she has never yet seen one with medical insurance. Lack of insurance, lack of ability to pay certainly doesn't stop them from having many children, they just figure the taxpayers will have to support them.
I know a RN in Michigan. Shes my baby sister. She just sent me pictures showing she just met Clint Eastwood. They were using they were use part of the hospital on the set.
Before "04" I had seen her in 30 years.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:13 AM

77 posts, read 101,647 times
Quote:
you don't give state by state results . . .
I don't give state-by-state results? I didn't know I was expected to. Ucfjtm and the Zogby/Judicial Watch poll don't give state-by-state results either. I invite them to do so. Zogby did do a four-region breakdown, as you can see from the link I provided above. Which region reported "more enforcement" responses in excess of 57 percent? No region reported "more enforcement" responses close to the "75% of the country" claimed by ucfjtm.

Now that you mention it, you don't give state-by-state results either. You don't cite poll results from even one state, but you're

Quote:
. . . sure that states that have had to deal specifically with the consequences of illegal immigration costs have a markedly different result.
Name a U.S. state with 75 percent support for "more enforcement" when addressing the issue of illegal immigration. I'm not saying that there is no such state, but Georgia (the subject of this post) isn't one of them. The United States, generally, isn't either according to anti-illegal-immigration Judicial Watch (57% "more enforcement"). Again, the first third of "more enforcement" is a given in any U.S. criminal justice poll. An even greater number oppose migration to the United States, illegal or otherwise. This is why people make up their favorables in excess of 2/3. Reality can be a b---- sometimes, and 57% is trivia in terms of a national legislative majority.

Who cares about U.S. states? Immigration is a federal matter. Are state-by-state polls more important than international opinion on migration (on other-than-state-specific issues)? How so?

To get back to the OP, FAIR (an anti-immigration organization) included any Georgia household with an illegal immigrant as "illegal", just as they always do. To FAIR, a household with an illegal immigrant parent and a U.S.-native parent with only children born in the United States is an "immigrant household" costing you money. FAIR is anti-immigration, not anti-illegal-immigration, and their analysis will always reflect this.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
you don't give state by state results however and i am sure that states that have had to deal specifically with the consequences of illegal immigration costs have a markedly different result.
What state had 75 percent on "your side" again?

Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 PM

123 posts, read 314,697 times
Thumbs down Illegal Aliens will not be deported by either party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
It's actually quite obvious. Both parties are fighting for their future foothold of voters - former illegals-turned-legal through amnesty. Neither major party wants to crack down on illegal immigration for fear of losing 20+ million votes. They're too short-sighted to see the amount of support they'd get from 275+ million LEGAL citizens if they did crack down on illegal immigration, even though 75% of the country wants strict enforcement of immigration laws.
McCain was all for amnesty at a price and Obama is Ok with it. Its too late and ther are millions here already. Hospitals are clogged by immigrants and thier "citizen " children. We have to first of all not make every kid born here a citizen by birth. This opens the door for all their other family members. I do believe they are hard workers and are beibg use by companies who do not want to pay mimimum salary to US born citizens.
I have two British friend who have been denied re-entry back into the US eventough they were self sufficient and over 60 ( no threat to terrorism thats for sure )

Old 11-04-2008, 08:51 PM

123 posts, read 314,697 times
Default Illegals area strain on health sytems

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
My sister is an RN in Georgia. She talks about the strain illegals place upon the emergency room staff. The lack of payment etc. They are not allowed to question an Illegals ID. They have to have spanish speaking staff on hand at all times. What a screwed up system. All to pander to the hispanic lobby.
I personally was submiyyed to an 8 hour ER wait at a large Florida Hospital when I got sick during chemo for breast cancer. In the line in front of me was several Mexican mothers with screaming children. MY white cell count was so low that I should have been isolated to prevent me from picking up infections from them. Sitting in the crowded waitin room I was finally given a paper mask.The I waited 8 hours to get admitted to a bed.
They must be signed up to visits outpatient clinics instead of clogging the ERs.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM

States (or anywhere) that oppose illegal immigration by more than 66%: 0

Suck it up, losers. It's our country now.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 19,003,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
States (or anywhere) that oppose illegal immigration by more than 66%: 0

Suck it up, losers. It's our country now.
51% or more is good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or