Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 02:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
In what country is it 2.4? My son's best friends' family are Americans of mexican descent and they have 5 kids. To be honest with you, when I am downtown Chicago, I have yet to see one that isn't pregnant and pushing a stroller with one or two more holding on to each other.

I often wonder in what part of the US are all of the illegal aliens who manage to stand upright long enough to do the jobs they claim Americans won't do.
Unless it is because the 'Hispanics' who are not breeders (1-2 children per couple) do not stand out----------much like Middle Class Blacks, Whites, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unless it is because the 'Hispanics' who are not breeders (1-2 children per couple) do not stand out----------much like Middle Class Blacks, Whites, etc.
Since Chicago is an illegal alien sanctuary, and I live in a suburb that is upper middle class/afluent and not overrun with illegals, that could be it.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Well......lets see I have 7 sisters and 6 brothers.......(counting me)6 on my Mothers side, 8 on my fathers side.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Well......lets see I have 7 sisters and 6 brothers.......(counting me)6 on my Mothers side, 8 on my fathers side.
Different generation: I am age 51 (born in 1957) and the average American woman bore just over 4 children that year-------half had more kids whereas the other half had fewer. BTW: I am an only child.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Different generation: I am age 51 (born in 1957) and the average American woman bore just over 4 children that year-------half had more kids whereas the other half had fewer. BTW: I am an only child.
To be honest,,,this was 3 different marriages. My real mother had 6. (Died when I was 15)) My father left when I was 2. Remarried and had 7 more. Divorsed, married the 3rd time and had 1 more.
I'm next to the oldest of all of them
I have you beat by 3 yr's.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
In what country is it 2.4? My son's best friends' family are Americans of mexican descent and they have 5 kids. To be honest with you, when I am downtown Chicago, I have yet to see one that isn't pregnant and pushing a stroller with one or two more holding on to each other.

I often wonder in what part of the US are all of the illegal aliens who manage to stand upright long enough to do the jobs they claim Americans won't do.
JDUBS, the writing on the wall

Mexican Americans will eventually become the majority of every county, town, city, and state in America

America will no longer be a melting pot

Spanish will be the dominate language

There will be a smaller middle class and a larger upper class

There will be no such thing as a low population state

Mega sized cities like Los Angeles will be common

Football will be replaced by soccer

Television will be more like Univision than CBS, ABC, and Fox

Stove top dressing, sloppy joe sauce, and shake and bake will be located in the ethnic section of the grocery store.

Immigrants will assimilate to Latin Culture

Technology will be imported not home grown.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
JDUBS, the writing on the wall

Mexican Americans will eventually become the majority of every county, town, city, and state in America

America will no longer be a melting pot

Spanish will be the dominate language

There will be a smaller middle class and a larger upper class

There will be no such thing as a low population state

Mega sized cities like Los Angeles will be common

Football will be replaced by soccer

Television will be more like Univision than CBS, ABC, and Fox

Stove top dressing, sloppy joe sauce, and shake and bake will be located in the ethnic section of the grocery store.

Immigrants will assimilate to Latin Culture

Technology will be imported not home grown.
I disagree very strongly on all of your points.

If anything: American culture will become the norm SOB-----------especially if Mexico flies apart and we pick up the northern tier of Mx states.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I disagree very strongly on all of your points.

If anything: American culture will become the norm SOB-----------especially if Mexico flies apart and we pick up the northern tier of Mx states.
AB unless present trends change, I dont see how some predictions will be avoided.

Hispanic Nation
Hispanics are an immigrant group like no other. Their huge numbers are challenging old assumptions about assimilation. Is America ready?

BW Online | March 15, 2004 | Hispanic Nation

Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
AB unless present trends change, I dont see how some predictions will be avoided.

Hispanic Nation
Hispanics are an immigrant group like no other. Their huge numbers are challenging old assumptions about assimilation. Is America ready?

BW Online | March 15, 2004 | Hispanic Nation
The deepening recession is changing the whole game..............too, at least my 'White guilt' has up and died.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:10 AM

Quote:
The deepening recession is changing the whole game..............too, at least my 'White guilt' has up and died.
I agree the recession is changing the public's opinion on illegal immigration. More so now than before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration