U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Don't put words in people's mouth. It won't work beyond junior high school level. Did I say anywhere it in post that I am OK with illegal getting freebies? I was simply responding to the OP's ridiculous spin.
Obama has already announced his support for healthcare and education for illegal aliens at a time when most states are denying those same services in droves. He has also made the statement that rather than Mexican children learning English, English speaking children should learn Spanish--all of these things are quite well documented if you care to look for them--the links to valid sources are peppered all throughout this forum.

I was simply responding to your ridiculous spin on the OP's thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
 
1,643 posts, read 3,643,743 times
Reputation: 764
Kele, I agee with you 1000% I am sick of taxes and footing the bill for everyone else who chose not to get some sort of education. I paid for my eduction while all these other people can get handouts and yet they choose not to do anything to help themselves.

Now I am getting sucked dry because I went to college. I am tired of it and I am even more tired of Liberals telling me I need to be more patriotic (Biden), or not be selfish (Obama).

It's all about the power. The Liberals want to keep the people needy and depending on them. They throw them a few bread crumbs and this way these "needy" people will keep voting them in. If they really wanted to help people they would get them off assitance so that everyone can work, and pay taxes instead of draining one small group of tax payers to pay for everything.

Basic economic 101 tells us that raising taxes effects everyone one, not just the "rich".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:29 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
973 posts, read 1,949,015 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Now I am getting sucked dry because I went to college. I am tired of it and I am even more tired of Liberals telling me I need to be more patriotic (Biden), or not be selfish (Obama).
Note that these two have extremely low charitable contributions, except for the years since Obama started running for office in 2004. For him, it was all about appearing charitable to win a vote. For Biden, he's always been selfish. As far as "giving" is concerned, these are two hypocrites preaching patriotism and selfishless.. but only with other people's money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
It's all about the power. The Liberals want to keep the people needy and depending on them. They throw them a few bread crumbs and this way these "needy" people will keep voting them in. If they really wanted to help people they would get them off assitance so that everyone can work, and pay taxes instead of draining one small group of tax payers to pay for everything.
Exactly. Here's someone who understands the shackles of the liberal social program agenda (if you can make it far enough into the video):

YouTube - BTW I'm Voting For Mccain / Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 08:57 AM
 
3,748 posts, read 7,213,486 times
Reputation: 4825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Obama has already announced his support for healthcare and education for illegal aliens at a time when most states are denying those same services in droves. He has also made the statement that rather than Mexican children learning English, English speaking children should learn Spanish--all of these things are quite well documented if you care to look for them--the links to valid sources are peppered all throughout this forum.

I was simply responding to your ridiculous spin on the OP's thread.
I wasn't the one claiming Obama will do this or McCain will do that. Fact: illegal aliens have been receiving health care and education for years and years whether Clinton or Bush was president. The Op made it sound it like this will only happen under Obama. For someone who fights illegal immigration, you seem ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wasn't the one claiming Obama will do this or McCain will do that. Fact: illegal aliens have been receiving health care and education for years and years whether Clinton or Bush was president. The Op made it sound it like this will only happen under Obama. For someone who fights illegal immigration, you seem ignorant.
You and Kele:

Please bury the hatchet; it sounds to me that all three of us are on the same basic page----------read that anti illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 09:42 AM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,756,687 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
or this where obama wants health care for illegals:
Newsmax.com - Obama: Healthcare for Illegals (http://www.newsmax.com/morris/obama_healthcare/2008/07/21/114994.html - broken link)
Do you read any of the links you post? I guess you see a sensational headline and just post it, sort of like McCain picking Palin. Each one less the right wing blah above lay out Obama's position which always makes sense. I know conservatives only consider "illegals" to be Latinos or Africans but many are from all around the world to include Europe..THis country is all about immigrants, built and designed by and for immigrants. Unless you are a Native American Indian, your descendents were immigrants, forced or by choice..Giving them a license doesn't grant them citizenship, just the right to drive and do all the jobs "true" Americans refuse to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Do you read any of the links you post? I guess you see a sensational headline and just post it, sort of like McCain picking Palin. Each one less the right wing blah above lay out Obama's position which always makes sense. I know conservatives only consider "illegals" to be Latinos or Africans but many are from all around the world to include Europe..THis country is all about immigrants, built and designed by and for immigrants. Unless you are a Native American Indian, your descendents were immigrants, forced or by choice..Giving them a license doesn't grant them citizenship, just the right to drive and do all the jobs "true" Americans refuse to do.
Name the jobs americans refuse to to do tank..... Name them.
No they refuse to do them for low ball rates.
I will name some jobs Illegals through lowballing have stolen from Honest legal citizens.
Drywall
Masonary
Roofing
Paving
Landscaping
Carpentry
Laborer
Fast food service
Factory work. By the way I work in a factory so spare me Americans hate factory work slogan. My Mill has 2700 employee's. All Legal citizens. Procter & Gamble has higher standards than most.
Agricultural jobs. No americans will work for next to free. You see we have to pay our taxes. We dont live 3 or 4 families in a single house.
Please try to get it right next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
 
1,643 posts, read 3,643,743 times
Reputation: 764
I know the illegals get free health care now. My husband and I are in the medical field and we know first had that they are living off the tax payers backs already but there are millions more that aren't covered and they will be covered. Anyone can say it is not true but we work in the field and we know first hand who is getting the hand outs.

BTW Obama's Aunt was illegally here and yes, she was living in welfare housing and yes she was living off assistance. So even Obama's family is milking the system illegally. AND for those who will claim he didn't know her, that is not true. She was there when he was sworn into the Senate and she donated $260 towards his campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 10:01 AM
 
1,643 posts, read 3,643,743 times
Reputation: 764
Tinman~ Liberal always claim the illegals do jobs that regualr Americans won't. That is just their spin. We all know that the construction industry is all illegals. We have man, many friends who have lost their jobs to illegals in the field. We had a drywall friend who was making $28 an hour had 3 kids, one of which is handicapped. He basically was told they were cutting him to $10 an hour and if he didn't take the cut, then he lost his job.

So he had no choice but to leave a company he was at for 15 yrs. Illegals are now doing his job. So how fair is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wasn't the one claiming Obama will do this or McCain will do that. Fact: illegal aliens have been receiving health care and education for years and years whether Clinton or Bush was president. The Op made it sound it like this will only happen under Obama. For someone who fights illegal immigration, you seem ignorant.
Nice.

At least I'm not slinging childish insults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top