U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times

Advertisements

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) -- Five migrants rescued after 15 days lost at sea ate their dead comrades to stay alive, a Dominican official said Sunday.

One of the five, the only woman in the group, died Sunday in a hospital after the group was found near the Turks and Caicos Islands, said Dominican Minister of Tourism Francisco Javier Garcia.

Garcia said the remaining four, part of a large group of migrants, told him that without food, they ate from the corpse of the last person to die.

In 2004, 36 survivors in a group of 87 migrants drank breast milk, sea water and ate human flesh in desperate acts to survive.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CB_DOMINICAN_REPUBLIC_MIGRANTS_RESCUED?SITE=CADIU& SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Talk about food for thought. Yes indeedy, I'm sure Puerto Rico needs illegal alien cannibals to do the jobs Americans won't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:03 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Talk about food for thought. Yes indeedy, I'm sure Puerto Rico needs illegal alien cannibals to do the jobs Americans won't do.
Very interesting, JDubs . . .

As with so many "immigrants" from Third World Countries . . . if they would only exert as much time and energy FIXING the problems in their own country rather than searching for an EASY WAY OUT . . . read: Lots of Freebies, etc.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
What amazes me is that they will risk life, risk health and all on a maybe. But they won't risk the same things to make change happen in their own country. Makes me wonder what the real motivation might be.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 PM

11,469 posts, read 8,138,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What amazes me is that they will risk life, risk health and all on a maybe. But they won't risk the same things to make change happen in their own country. Makes me wonder what the real motivation might be.
Probably to blame Karl Rove for it...

Old 11-03-2008, 05:45 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The EASY life, Tinman!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:53 PM

5,412 posts, read 6,214,402 times
Quote:
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) -- Five migrants rescued after 15 days lost at sea ate their dead comrades to stay alive, a Dominican official said Sunday.
holy snap!

this happened years ago but with an airplane, they stayed in the cold for various of days, and they had to eat their dead team mates to stay alive.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:19 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
How bad would it have to be for people to take these risks? I cannot believe anyone could go through all that and still wave the flag of the Country that spit on them enough to risk eating someone they know just to leave. Of course they didn't expect it at the time but all these treks gone wrong have got to get back to the Citizens from people that were deported. It's just nuts.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How bad would it have to be for people to take these risks? I cannot believe anyone could go through all that and still wave the flag of the Country that spit on them enough to risk eating someone they know just to leave. Of course they didn't expect it at the time but all these treks gone wrong have got to get back to the Citizens from people that were deported. It's just nuts.
It truly is insane. It would be so much more courageous to stay and fight for what you deserve in your own country, than to humiliate yourself first by fleeing which in and of itself is an act of cowardess and further by having to devour your fellow cowards for dinner.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:31 PM

956 posts, read 2,647,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubsmom View Post
talk about food for thought. Yes indeedy, i'm sure puerto rico needs illegal alien cannibals to do the jobs americans won't do.
lol!!

Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
It truly is insane. It would be so much more courageous to stay and fight for what you deserve in your own country, than to humiliate yourself first by fleeing which in and of itself is an act of cowardess and further by having to devour your fellow cowards for dinner.
Yes and leaving doesn't benefit the people left behind at all. Conditions just further deteriorate. Latin nations need some heroes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or