U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:58 PM

2,662 posts, read 5,135,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Similar sentiment was prevalent regarding slavery. Of course, we all know our country did not collapse post-1865.

To answer the OP's question. No, I am NOT racist. I simply believe the Rule of Law should apply to ALL.
Agreed again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,747,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Everybody who is wrapped up in the fearmongering of "illegal immigration" invariably displays all kinds of signatures of the racist mind. I for one essentially NEVER even bother to read this "Immigration" forum. I just happened to see your thread on the transition page.
Yeah, right.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Agreed again.
ROLMAO I Agree as well.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
I knew a racist. He ran all kinds of races but hardly ever won any of them. I think it was because he was a bigot. His head was to big, his feet were to big. He was a bigot for sure.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:22 PM

470 posts, read 508,113 times
"Hi, I'm bambam and I'm a racist." speaker, "hi bambam, what are you thinking today?"

"I think laws should be enforced, and that it cost to much for us to give welfare to the never ending wave of immigration.... *sniffle*..... and that we should, as natives have a say in how OUR tax money is spent....*sniffle*"

speaker "Its OK bambam, you are way wrong, but we can fix you, you will see how much better you will feel when you see all the immigrants you are feeding, and all the immigrant kids you are educating, and all the free housing for immigrants your are paying for."

*bambam vomits*

the end...

Old 05-12-2009, 08:37 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
"Hi, I'm bambam and I'm a racist." speaker, "hi bambam, what are you thinking today?"

"I think laws should be enforced, and that it cost to much for us to give welfare to the never ending wave of immigration.... *sniffle*..... and that we should, as natives have a say in how OUR tax money is spent....*sniffle*"

speaker "Its OK bambam, you are way wrong, but we can fix you, you will see how much better you will feel when you see all the immigrants you are feeding, and all the immigrant kids you are educating, and all the free housing for immigrants your are paying for."

*bambam vomits*

the end...
A touching story that brought tears to my eyes. My heart is filled with emotion. I nominate you for some kind of prize. Well done .

Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A touching story that brought tears to my eyes. My heart is filled with emotion. I nominate you for some kind of prize. Well done .
How about the speaker of the house?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM

3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
I don't know--if you look at the attached statistics from FAIR about the cost of illegal immigration, it is pretty obvious to me that America cannot continue to carry this burden. $106.3 billion in costs to the US by the year 2020, eleven years from now, for just three areas--education, medical care and incarceration. When are Americans going to wake up and oust the idiots in Congress holding these "kangaroo court" hearings for immigration reform. If amnesty is granted, woe to America and all its pre-amnesty citizens. I don't understand at all why people think it's racist to object to promoting one group of people by placing the extreme expense, hardship on the backs of American citizens.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): The Costs to Local Taypayers for Illegal Aliens (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16723&security=1601&news _iv_ctrl=1007 - broken link)

Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 PM

522 posts, read 537,420 times
Red face Me Encanta Mexico

I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
I call BS on that. Especially factoring in that illegal aliens will work hard or be deported if they speak up against being abused.

The per capita income in Mexico is over $14K a year.............that is not exactly poor factoring in Mx's lower cost of living.

Mexico's problem is the rich people (mostly White) refuse to pay proper wages to the mostly Indian/Mestizo poor people-----------which is not our problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration