U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
Ah, mexicans are harder workers then whites? How about blacks? Are mexicans harder workers then blacks? What about asians?
And really, are mexicans harder workers then other hispanic groups? That is what you are saying, right?

And by the way, sturm and drang is nothing but a bastardization of the actual German sturm und drang. Look it up, you might learn something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ah, mexicans are harder workers then whites? How about blacks? Are mexicans harder workers then blacks? What about asians?
And really, are mexicans harder workers then other hispanic groups? That is what you are saying, right?

And by the way, sturm and drang is nothing but a bastardization of the actual German sturm und drang. Look it up, you might learn something
Consider the source; probably just another pro illegal alien apologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source; probably just another pro illegal alien apologist.
Who enjoys cheap labor then b*tches nonstop about the lack of quality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
Mexico is that bad? How do you know this?

Do the US tax payers owe these people a free ride with social services? Do tell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, New York
147 posts, read 186,327 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
All the posts I read are racist. Do you people even know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien? I only wonder what is going to happen in the near future, when the all mighty USA succumbs to China and Europe. All empires have lost their number one place in history. Ours will be here soon. Where would you go? Would you fight for your country? or would you MIGRATE to Canada?

I'm sorry, but you are a prime example of someone who reads posts selectively. If you bother at all to read through, you would see that people are NOT racist. A little fed up maybe, but the points are valid. Check it out objectively before you start calling names. Patriotic and racist are not one and the same..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, New York
147 posts, read 186,327 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
I oppose illegal immigration too, but I don't make it a habit of running after them with a torch and a trident. Thanks for recognizing I am a liberal. It is not an insult, but a virtue. Socialism is finally coming to America tomorrow.
Kudos to you! The problem with liberalism, that I've recently decided, is that they truly are bleeding hearts and that is a big part of why this country is in the shape that it's in now. Illegal immigration has become a problem. I AM NOT speaking of people who come on work visas or work hard to get here. I'm talking about criminals who sneak here and steal from this country. See. I CAN tell the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 AM
 
Location: on the edge of Sanity
14,271 posts, read 15,238,189 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrapola1975 View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Kudos to you! The problem with liberalism, that I've recently decided, is that they truly are bleeding hearts and that is a big part of why this country is in the shape that it's in now. Illegal immigration has become a problem. I AM NOT speaking of people who come on work visas or work hard to get here. I'm talking about criminals who sneak here and steal from this country. See. I CAN tell the difference.[/FONT]
I'm often called a liberal, but I believe in having secure borders. OTOH I think the whole wall idea was a ridiculous waste of money.

If anyone has 10 minutes, watch this video.

[url=http://reason.tv/video/show/434.html]reason.tv - Videos > The Wall[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I'm often called a liberal, but I believe in having secure borders. OTOH I think the whole wall idea was a ridiculous waste of money.

If anyone has 10 minutes, watch this video.

reason.tv - Videos > The Wall
The video was just a wee bit biased wouldn't you say?
People are dieing because of the fence? No people are dieing because they are breaking our laws.
The fence is forcing them to use unsafe routes? True. But then again that is not our problem.
Finish the fence. I only wish that it were made of concrete instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 08:00 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The video was just a wee bit biased wouldn't you say?
People are dieing because of the fence? No people are dieing because they are breaking our laws.
The fence is forcing them to use unsafe routes? True. But then again that is not our problem.
Finish the fence. I only wish that it were made of concrete instead.
With razor wire on the top. Dying because of the fence Stay there, don't walk into the desert. The girl that got mauled by the Polar Bear could have done a lot for herself by NOT climbing into the enclosure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,734 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
Entitled? I always love the "We are such hard workers" argument.. If they were TRULY such hard workers why not work hard at learning the English language and becoming a U.S. citizen the legal way?

OR Why don't they use that hard work to build a better society in Mexico? Maybe organize some huge marches and serve some Churros?

"Work Ethic" and "Family".. Wow! Drug Smuggling and having 10 kids that you can't afford and expect to pawn off on the U.S. Taxpayers.. No Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top