U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The video was just a wee bit biased wouldn't you say?
People are dieing because of the fence? No people are dieing because they are breaking our laws.
The fence is forcing them to use unsafe routes? True. But then again that is not our problem.
Finish the fence. I only wish that it were made of concrete instead.
Another "Heartwarming Story" of poor "immigrants" who are "victims" phlease!

More like Drug runners and potential Identity Thieves.. "Another One Bites the Dust"..

I agree that they should finish the fence, but they should make it High Voltage electrical.. They should post warning signs therefore the people who attempt to cross it will be forewarned.. I also think they should put military troops on the border..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 08:28 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
With razor wire on the top. Dying because of the fence Stay there, don't walk into the desert. The girl that got mauled by the Polar Bear could have done a lot for herself by NOT climbing into the enclosure.
Ok lets compromise. We can add the razor wire and have trained polar bears patroling the border.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:30 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Here is Mexico's problem and solution(for now) yet no one wants to address it or him.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:08 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,064,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian08 View Post
Everybody who is wrapped up in the fearmongering of "illegal immigration" invariably displays all kinds of signatures of the racist mind. I for one essentially NEVER even bother to read this "Immigration" forum. I just happened to see your thread on the transition page. Yup, you're exactly right. Although I'm not going to be bothered with any opinions on this forum because I find it beneath my attention to even bother to address this absurb and contrived "issue", I did want to stop by and say kudos to you for summing the whole issue up for what it is.

I wonder when Reagan's ghost will turn up on the Mexican border saying "Mr Bush, tear down this wall..."

Finally I'll note that BushCo passed legislation making immigration from SAUDI significantly easier. Not to mention that particular episode of Saudi emmigration on 9/13/01. Hmmmm... no rightwingers blabbering about that, eh?
A signature of the liberal mind is the ability to see
themselves as brilliant while missing the obvious.
The Berlin wall was to imprison east German citizens.
The border 'fence' is an experession of our sovereign
right to define and control our border.

If anything president Reagan would have encouraged
President Bush to get a move on.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 AM

522 posts, read 537,624 times
When they come into the United States it is OUR problem. But we could at least treat them decently and not like they are dirt on the bottom of shoes. And as far as winning the lotto lol I would say on here it would equate to winning the booby prize. Born and bred here locito trying to empathize with the immigrants.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:26 AM

27,236 posts, read 40,273,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
All the posts I read are racist. Do you people even know the difference between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien? I only wonder what is going to happen in the near future, when the all mighty USA succumbs to China and Europe. All empires have lost their number one place in history. Ours will be here soon. Where would you go? Would you fight for your country? or would you MIGRATE to Canada?
I'm not racist. I don't like ANY immigrant, and immigrants can be of any race. I don't even like people from the Midwest and Northeast coming to Florida.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:27 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
When they come into the United States it is OUR problem. But we could at least treat them decently and not like they are dirt on the bottom of shoes. And as far as winning the lotto lol I would say on here it would equate to winning the booby prize. Born and bred here locito trying to empathize with the immigrants.
Treating illegal aliens as criminals is not treating them like dirt-----------why should they get a free pass if US citizen criminals are punished once caught?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 AM

11,456 posts, read 8,135,725 times
Quote:

My guess is that you dont live in a sanctuary city like I do where illegal aliens run rampant in our streets, bankrupting our hospitals, schools, and welfare system. Get back to me when you pull into a Home depot and get acosted by 50 illegal aliens running up to your car. Until then, you are just an observer.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:46 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Quote:
Maybe we should also treat people that break in and rob our homes well too.. Maybe fix them a sandwich and ensure that they receive medical treatment for any injury incurred while breaking into my home?

Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
If we treated them like dirt, we wouldn’t provide them with a tax-funded K-12 education (including ESL classes, free breakfast/lunch); “free” ER visits, or any of the other services they receive. They are the only group of criminals receiving government sanctioned rewards for their crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration