U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:51 AM

2,490 posts, read 4,790,790 times

Advertisements

I am not a racist. I judge each person by their actions, their words, and character. Is there some kind of test I can take to confirm this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,207,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
You think? Well explain this......how do WE owe any foregner any chance and everything they supposidly deserve?

Also.....how could any of our Ansestors be Illegal immigrants when there were no Immigration laws in place when they arrived?

Put up or shut up................

Your the one who needs to learn some History

Last edited by mkfarnam; 05-19-2009 at 07:55 AM..

Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 AM

569 posts, read 1,466,219 times
I think most are sick of these illegals swimming across the border for a free lunch. Then when they get here they refuse to learn English and do things by our rules. They are only ruining it for themselves by not cooperating. This might not be such a hot topic if they did. The big problem is most of the illegals are extremely uneducated, criminals, escapees, swindlers, and unsuccessful people. They would not be coming here otherwise. We are getting nothing but other country's garbage. Slowly but surely they are trying to turn our country into the one from which they came.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:18 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
One guy on this forum wasn't racist. He showed up about 8 months ago, wrote one or two posts, and was apparently driven off by the rest of us, unable to listen any more to our racist hatred, xenophobia, misogyny, and general vitriol.

I can't recall his name....but I do remember he was once here. Other than HIM, however, no.....I can't say any of the rest of us are "not racist". Isn't illegal immigration pretty much a problem of RACE? I mean, what else COULD it be about??? Certainly not economics, nor social problems, nor cultural misunderstandings, nor ingratitude, nor depressed wages, nor overloaded hospitals and prisons...Of COURSE it's a matter of race...and therefore, those who discuss it are racists.....SHEEEESH !!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:32 AM

147 posts, read 186,404 times
Quote:
I think the Mexicans are "entitled" to the work because they obviously work harder than the white people do. Entitlement generation or not. This ought to cause some sturm and drang (if you don't know what it means-look it up)I am all for the illegals. I don't care how they got here or when they got here. Life in Mexico is poverty and hell and corruption. They deserve a chance just like anyone else whoever came to the United States. Legal or Illegal. How quickly a few generations pass and everyone becomes an American elitist who forgets that their ancestors could've been illegal immigrants. Learn a thing or two about work ethic and family values from these people and open your eyes. What a bunch you all are!
Yeah, it's all good until your behind is outsourced!!

Old 06-07-2009, 04:00 AM

7,359 posts, read 6,218,228 times
Default Aliens, immigrants, racists, and liberals

So many labels, so little time. Honestly, folks, do we really think that just because one human being was born in a different culture, race, religion, or country that they are any less (or more) than us?

Personally, I prefer to avoid labeling anyone, including myself, so that I remain open to each present moment as it arises. If I wear a label, it's HUMAN. Presumably, if you can participate in this forum, you are one, too. If you cannot see another human as you see yourself, go back to square one. As Ayn Rand wrote: "Dichotomies do not exist. If a dichotomy exists, check your premises, one of them is wrong."

I've traveled this country, France, portions of Canada, and worked in Mexico. I never once met a person that was any better, or worse than myself. Sure there are differences, thank GOD; it is our diversity that makes us stronger as a PEOPLE.

Enough "Rah, Rah." Bottom line, if we are going to survive the future, with the population burden we've bestowed upon Earth, we have to learn to live without borders (political, social, religious, or economic). As long as we practice tyranny over other nations, allowing others to be oppressed, hungry, and without access to health care, we will have illegal aliens. If any one of you faced their native situations, you would do the same for your family, for yourself.

Instead of labeling, let's figure out how to solve the world's problems.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:15 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
So many labels, so little time. Honestly, folks, do we really think that just because one human being was born in a different culture, race, religion, or country that they are any less (or more) than us?

Personally, I prefer to avoid labeling anyone, including myself, so that I remain open to each present moment as it arises. If I wear a label, it's HUMAN. Presumably, if you can participate in this forum, you are one, too. If you cannot see another human as you see yourself, go back to square one. As Ayn Rand wrote: "Dichotomies do not exist. If a dichotomy exists, check your premises, one of them is wrong."

I've traveled this country, France, portions of Canada, and worked in Mexico. I never once met a person that was any better, or worse than myself. Sure there are differences, thank GOD; it is our diversity that makes us stronger as a PEOPLE.

Enough "Rah, Rah." Bottom line, if we are going to survive the future, with the population burden we've bestowed upon Earth, we have to learn to live without borders (political, social, religious, or economic). As long as we practice tyranny over other nations, allowing others to be oppressed, hungry, and without access to health care, we will have illegal aliens. If any one of you faced their native situations, you would do the same for your family, for yourself.

Instead of labeling, let's figure out how to solve the world's problems.
Try again:

The USA has achieved ZPG-----------unless counting the (frequently illegal alien) breeders from SoB, etc.

Either the birthrates in the Third World countries go down or the death rates go back up-----------which is happening in Palestine, Somalia and many other places.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post

If you can honestly say, with all sincerity, that not ONCE have you ever met a person that was either 'better', or 'worse', than you, then I suppose that accounts for your views. Personally, I'd have to question your definitions of 'better', and of 'worse'. Also I'm curious about how you meet people. They're ALL equal? EVERYBODY you meet? That's a more sanitized version of life that I've seen.

Since in your estimation nothing is 'better' or 'worse' than anything else, I suppose it follows that 'diversity' is a non-issue...after all, if everything is equivalent, nothing is 'better', and nobody does anything 'bad', then I suppose we can be as diverse as we want.

Best wishes for you in your travels.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 PM

60,202 posts, read 30,630,253 times
"Is there anyone in this forum NOT racist?"

Yes! Many are not racists. I sure some are. For the most part I call them Americans, who hate Mexicans. The Mexicans that cross our southern borders and trash the American society and economy.

What I see and hear is a lot of ignorance of cause and effect. It is all right there in front of them, but the trees are in the way of the forest effect is lack of education, about economics and exploiting human labor... cause & effect!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:06 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
When they come into the United States it is OUR problem. But we could at least treat them decently and not like they are dirt on the bottom of shoes. And as far as winning the lotto lol I would say on here it would equate to winning the booby prize. Born and bred here locito trying to empathize with the immigrants.
It is our government's problem for not securing our borders. Don't blame the American citizen and expect them to pay the price for that. The illegals are awarded basic human rights and that is all they are entitled to. What is this abuse you speak of?

No, you don't empathize with "immigrants" you empathize with illegal aliens who have no respect for our laws or soveirgnty. No reason to get on the moral highground for that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration