U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 04:35 PM

335 posts, read 281,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes you are. It has been proven time and time again, that if someone of a different race is given the same opportunity they will do just as well as white people and vice versa. You seem to think it is genetics, so yes that is ignorant and racist.
It's the same with those illegal immigration supporters who are ignorant and racist for saying that Mexican illegal aliens work harder than Americans (presumably meaning white Americans).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
It's the same with those illegal immigration supporters who are ignorant and racist for saying that Mexican illegal aliens work harder than Americans (presumably meaning white Americans).
No racism there: any illegal alien is going to work like a dog because the threat of deportation hangs over him (or her).

Old 12-06-2009, 07:25 PM

335 posts, read 281,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No racism there: any illegal alien is going to work like a dog because the threat of deportation hangs over him (or her).
Illegal aliens may do a long day's work without complaining, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are working harder. Or are you equating the number of hours worked with "working harder"? A lot of salaried American office workers, including management persommel, work 50-60 or more hours per week, but does that necessarily mean that they are "working harder"?

I've been in fast food restaurants many times over the years and I've seen Latino employees and white employees working together in the kitchen areas of these restaurants. I think that it is safe to assume that a good number of these Latino employees are illegal aliens. But these Latino employees don't appear to be working any harder or faster than their white co-workers. Perhaps the Latino workers are willing to put in more overtime or work more hours in a week, but to me that doesn't mean that they are working harder. Perhaps they are simply doing the job that they are being asked to do, and meeting the job output requirements, just as American workers are expected to do.

A true test would be for a company to get rid of all of their American employees and replace them with half as many illegal alien employees. Then we could determine if the illegal aliens will work twice as hard and fast as the American employees did and be able to get the same amount of work done.

The pro-illegal immigration folks claim that Mexicans work harder than Americans, but I've never seen any proof of this. I guess it comes down to how you choose to define the phrase "working harder".

Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
I haven't seen any proof that illegals work harder than Americans either. It is just propaganda BS by the pro-illegals. I have seen many instances where Latino employees are just standing around speaking in Spanish to each other on the job. Don't know if they were illegal or not but I have my suspicions.

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-06-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 AM

706 posts, read 796,802 times
How do we judge or measure a persons work ethic?
Legal status ?
Wage ?
Ethnicity?
I'm sure that someone here will provide some stats and proof as to just who "works harder" and based upon some sort of verifiable statistics

Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM

411 posts, read 402,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quepaso View Post
^LOL! Hilarious.

I think most people avoid the immigration forum, lots of paranoid kooks. But it does make for some comedy every now and then.
Tell me about it, sometimes so much hate, makes for a good comedy.....

Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Tell me about it, sometimes so much hate, makes for a good comedy.....
Hate? Pretty strong word to use on a pro-laws, anti-illegal immigration American. But then what would the pro-illegals do if they couldn't insult and use the race card also?

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-07-2009 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 06:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Hate? Pretty strong word for being a pro-laws, anti-illegal immigration American. But then what would the pro-illegals do if they couldn't insult and use the race card also?
The race card no longer works-----------I throw the criminal card in retaliation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration