U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeak View Post
When? You come off as a delusional manifest destiny believing American.
North American Union is a 'nicer' sounding abbreviation than Manifest Destiny-----------be very careful what the 'open borders' crowd wishes for, they may not like the repercussions.

Too: if Mexico does indeed fly apart courtesy of the Zetas, etc.----------it would not surprise me to see Nuevo Leon, Sonora, Chihuahua as well as Baja both Norte and Sur 'flip off' Mexico City and petition to join the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-04-2008, 05:50 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,165 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
That's like saying "I oppose murder, but I personally wouldn't do anything to stop it because I don't want to get involved."
Because genocide or child rape are just like spitting on the sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
Because genocide or child rape are just like spitting on the sidewalk.
You compare illegal immigration tospitting on the sidewalk? Wow how many American citizens have lost their jobs because a slob spit on the sidewalk?
How many ID's were stolen due to a gob of spit on the sidewalk?
How many social services have been stolen due to a gob of spit on the sidewalk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL I grew up on the same kind of farm.... We milked 40 head. Floor milkers not even a dumping station..
We only had 15-20 head. not including the non-milkers. Started out with 3.
We had the vaccuum type where you put s stap over their back with an iron rod underneathe to hang the container on. You had to remove the machine before all the milk was out to avoid drawing blood into the milk, then strip the rest out. We sold our milk to Kraft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:01 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,165 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You compare illegal immigration tospitting on the sidewalk? Wow how many American citizens have lost their jobs because a slob spit on the sidewalk?
How many ID's were stolen due to a gob of spit on the sidewalk?
How many social services have been stolen due to a gob of spit on the sidewalk?
When Kele compares "I don't make it a habit of running after [illegal immigrants] with a torch and a trident" with "I wouldn't do anything to stop [murder] because I don't want to get involved", I don't see how comparing entry without inspection or falling out of immigration status with spitting on the sidewalk is out of line.

Illegal immigrants that steal benefits or steal real identities are committing crimes that apply to anyone doing likewise regardless of immigration status. "Lost jobs" are less criminal than spit on the sidewalk in most jurisdictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
When Kele compares "I don't make it a habit of running after [illegal immigrants] with a torch and a trident" with "I wouldn't do anything to stop [murder] because I don't want to get involved", I don't see how comparing entry without inspection or falling out of immigration status with spitting on the sidewalk is out of line.

Illegal immigrants that steal benefits or steal real identities are committing crimes that apply to anyone doing likewise regardless of immigration status. "Lost jobs" are less criminal than spit on the sidewalk in most jurisdictions.
Don't compare what Legal Citizens do with what Illega immigrants do. Every crime an illegals committs could have been prevented if they hadn't have illegally entered this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
When Kele compares "I don't make it a habit of running after [illegal immigrants] with a torch and a trident" with "I wouldn't do anything to stop [murder] because I don't want to get involved", I don't see how comparing entry without inspection or falling out of immigration status with spitting on the sidewalk is out of line.

Illegal immigrants that steal benefits or steal real identities are committing crimes that apply to anyone doing likewise regardless of immigration status. "Lost jobs" are less criminal than spit on the sidewalk in most jurisdictions.
Irrelevant: most illegals age 18 up are Felons------------when you factor in non payment of taxes, false SSN's, etc.

Too; anybody who knowingly hires an illegal can be charged under Federal law as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:29 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,165 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Don't compare what Legal Citizens do with what Illega immigrants do. Every crime an illegals committs could have been prevented if they hadn't have illegally entered this country.
What about the outrageous "I don't make it a habit of running after [illegal immigrants] with a torch and a trident" with "I wouldn't do anything to stop [murder] because I don't want to get involved" comparison that Kele made? That's a question of the decency of a fellow U.S. person. Is that OK with you? How about the outrageous comparison I made with child rape and spitting on the sidewalk? Somehow you zoomed right into the "OMG ILLEGALS!" part. What's wrong with you?

Prevent the crimes and illegal entries. Prosecute and punish convicted criminals. That has nothing to do with whether any of us, regardless of our opinion on immigration, will "get involved" to stop a murder. That's BS, and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:35 AM
 
77 posts, read 101,165 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Irrelevant: most illegals age 18 up are Felons------------when you factor in non payment of taxes, false SSN's, etc.

Too; anybody who knowingly hires an illegal can be charged under Federal law as well.
No illegal immigrants that have not been convicted of felonies are felons. Do you know of any non-convicted illegal immigrant felons? Care to name them on the record?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Reputation: 4611
Those were responses to your comparison.

Come on....we don't need this argument. If your against illegal immigration as you say, you should already know what's relevant and what's not.

Lumping Citizens and illegals together makes you sound like one of them Pro- Illegals that try
to claim that any crime an illegal committs should be excused because their poor and only here for a better life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top