U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 04:14 PM

668 posts, read 2,031,433 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to research it, but my results have not been really clear. Both seem to have had disgusting open border-type policies, but whose was stricter? and by stricter, I mean who wanted to keep those dirty illegals out of our country more? And yes, I'm Mexican-American, and I hate illegals .

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
I think one was a little more easy going on the clean illegals.

Really though it's hard to say -- they both said one thing to one audience and something completely different to another audience.

How either one could consider bring in millions new people by promising family reunification in an economic crisis with rising unemployment revealed them both to be very irresponsible.

Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 PM

668 posts, read 2,031,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think one was a little more easy going on the clean illegals.

Really though it's hard to say -- they both said one thing to one audience and something completely different to another audience.

How either one could consider bring in millions new people by promising family reunification in an economic crisis with rising unemployment revealed them both to be very irresponsible.
That's disgusting, where is this country going.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 AM

3,748 posts, read 7,216,574 times
Those who say illegals don't matter in the election were proven wrong. Obama won with a huge Hispanic vote. This was the group that voted for Bush the last time. Don't you have to be a citizen to vote? What does this have anything to do with illegals? It's possible that many Hispanic voters have illegal parents and relatives. OK, but what does this have to do with Bush? Illegal immigration raids have intensified recently while Bush is President. If you are a Hispanic voter with illegal relatives, you would run away from Bush too.

Now to answer the question: Obama won't dare touch them anymore than McCain would. So what's the difference between the two on illegal immigration? Not much.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:13 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
I think you'd have to listen to the campaign promises each made in Spanish to understand why the illegal votes went to Obama. I believe he promised them more.

The problem is the rising unemployment. If you link bringing in their elderly parents and giving them citizenship to them having jobs, it would be a problem. Obama promised more social programs. Jobs wouldn't be as important, family reunification can be done in spite of fast rising joblessness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration