Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times

Advertisements

Now that Obama is President what is gonna happen to the illegals, and the whole immigration fiasco

What are his plans for them?

What are his plans for us in regards to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,368 times
Please be firm, insist they be returned to their country, Mexico....ofcourse establish the years they may have spent in the states as a line to draw..

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Please be firm, insist they be returned to their country, Mexico....ofcourse establish the years they may have spent in the states as a line to draw..
i second that

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
He is all about amnesty and granting them citizen like rights. They will get a free pass. The hispanic lobby will demand it from him and he will deliver.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 PM

668 posts, read 2,358,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
He is all about amnesty and granting them citizen like rights. They will get a free pass. The hispanic lobby will demand it from him and he will deliver.
Until they populate the black neighborhoods, and Obama is overloaded with angry African-Americans.

But really, at this point, no one knows. Both Obama and McCain have contradicted themselves over and over again. We'll just have to wait and see.

I hope he kicks these bloodsucking illegals out though.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
We can hope but he is way too deep with certain lobbies to back out on the amnesty promise.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times
Obama has a aunt living in this country illegally. Our government is paying for her housing. When questioned about it Obama said, "But I'm a strong believer you have to obey the law." We now need to hold him to that.
Obama Discusses Aunt Reportedly Living In U.S. Illegally - Horserace

Old 11-06-2008, 09:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Well -- he's certainly promised them that he will give them USA citizenship and then they can start bringing in their family members they left behind in Mexico. I'm sure many are banking on that promise.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Obama has a aunt living in this country illegally. Our government is paying for her housing. When questioned about it Obama said, "But I'm a strong believer you have to obey the law." We now need to hold him to that.

Once she's legal and given citizenship which is what Obama told the hispanic and other illegals to win their votes, she qualifies for any number of welfare programs. Many if not most of the people who will come will need government programs because unemployment is rising pretty fast. Many illegals who were doing the hard work for little pay will also need food stamps and more when they start bringing in their relatives, many of those relatives have few or no job skills.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
IF she's truly his aunt. That hasn't been proven, as far as I'm aware. Also, if she is, she's the sister of his father -- whom he barely met. Big whoopty-doo. Just because someone is a blood relation doesn't mean that you keep track of them and make sure they're not breaking the law.

Do YOU keep track of every single one of your blood relatives and give them money if they need it or make sure they're not a criminal? I didn't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration